post #15001 of 15007 Old Yesterday, 05:23 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keenan View Post
That's too bad as I would like a 15 sec skip as well. Even more, I would like a longer rewind/replay time instead of the 3 secs that some idiot in the software department figured was the right amount for the HR44. I made a one-press sequence that rewinds it about 9-12 secs, and it works, but it would be nice to have it operate more smoothly instead of the jerky 3-3-3 way it works now.
Like yer thinking! Hope someone DirecTV smart or Harmony One smart can help us!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #15002 of 15007 Old Yesterday, 06:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavej View Post
Cox DVR service is free? No matter how I do the math, any cable card device is cheaper in the long run. I agree payback on Tivo (with lifetime) is a long time. That's why I don't do Tivo. You originally said you had something like 4 TVs, pushing the cost to $35 (are you including DVR service fees?). Since that goes down to $2 total for all rooms with WMC (not Tivo), I was just pointing out the savings with cable card, which, using $33/month, is about $400/year, enough to buy a 6 tuner Ceton plus a couple of extenders or a used Tivo with lifetime (no more subscription fees). If that doesn't interest you, that's cool. I'm just posting some options. I've saved thousands the past few years with

So what was your reason for switching, bundle pricing?
Mdavej, your $2 cable card idea is great if I have extra HD cable receivers/Dvr in storage but I don't so buying them used n cheap from eBay will still be about the same as $8.50/month right? Am I missing something.

$8.50 x 2 rooms x 12 = $204/year leasing from cox suckers. Buying 2 HD Dvr from eBay + $2 cable card/ month = about same as lease
post #15003 of 15007 Old Yesterday, 07:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotkey View Post
I've been using the 30 second skip or slide for years, its great. Works perfect using my Harmony One. But...I'd like to have a second option of about 15 seconds. Any way to do it?
Sorry but there is no way to do a 15 second skip.
post #15004 of 15007 Old Yesterday, 08:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 383 Post(s)
Liked: 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoey67 View Post
Mdavej, your $2 cable card idea is great if I have extra HD cable receivers/Dvr in storage but I don't so buying them used n cheap from eBay will still be about the same as $8.50/month right? Am I missing something.

$8.50 x 2 rooms x 12 = $204/year leasing from cox (deleted). Buying 2 HD Dvr from eBay + $2 cable card/ month = about same as lease
Yes, quite a bit. First thing you missed is Cox also charges a $12/month DVR service fee, bringing your monthly total to $29 or about $350/year just in DVR and lease fees. A Ceton Infinitv 4 and Ceton Echo from ebay are about $75 each. Cable card is about $25/year. So my year one costs in your scenario would be $175, or $175 less than you costs. In year two and every year after that, mine are $325 less.

I didn't have any receivers or DVRs in storage either. I bought them just like everybody else.

Since none of this relates to DirecTV in any way, I'm willing to drop the subject now. You seem to be unwilling to consider my long term view.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #15005 of 15007 Old Yesterday, 09:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 125 Post(s)
Liked: 71
The Directv search is pretty funky, I did a search on NBA PRESEASON BASKETBALL and got no results, and there must be 20+ of them on NBATV, why does it not find them?
post #15006 of 15007 Old Today, 03:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavej View Post

Since none of this relates to DirecTV in any way, I'm willing to drop the subject now. You seem to be unwilling to consider my long term view.
Aug c'mon mdave its not like that at all, I don't know about your way so I'm just playing devil's advocate & asking you questions ok. I appreciate your feedback very much so, I just can't jump in head 1st n in an empty pool so bear with me.

Now am I limited to those 2 receivers the Infinitiv & Elon or any HD cable receivers. They're for my aunt & uncle so they do not have to be a TiVo or something fancy they won't utilize em anyway. As long as it will along them to see all the HD channels.

Last edited by zoey67; Today at 08:44 AM.
post #15007 of 15007 Old Today, 09:00 AM
AVS Special Member

And I just remember one thing I will not miss parting ways with D* is the ridiculous remote function/command responsiveness. Right?

You know when changing channels & the hair pulling frustration with the FF or RW it won't stop when I try to stop.

I highly doubt no other cable or satellite have this strange occurrence, even dish which I will never become a customer, responds when I use the remote to fast forward or rewind which I use quite frequently.

Last edited by zoey67; Today at 09:16 AM.
Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page