DirecTV HDTV - Page 512 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 62Likes

post #15331 of 15344 Old 07-18-2015, 04:24 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 376 Post(s)
Liked: 957
^^^

my HDCP issue popped up on other sources too;

traced it to HDMI 1 input on my Sharp Elite Pro 70: switching the input to HDMI 3 seems to fix everything so far...

please take the high road in every post
If you see a problematic post, please do not quote it or respond to it: report it to the mods to handle
Beware: Copy Protection Flags are coming
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #15332 of 15344 Old 07-18-2015, 04:31 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
If you have the HDMI output connected to one TV and the component or composite to another, the analog outputs are at times blanked on certain channels due to the receiver detecting a do not copy flag through HDMI and shutting off the analog outputs. I know this happens for the premium stations. I have not heard of it happening on TCM, but it could now be set that way. If you remove the HDMI connection, the analog outputs become active again.

SMK
I have a hdr 34/700 and have no copy protection on any channels premium or otherwise. I use a Hauppauge 1250 connected to my computer and the hdr 34/700 connected to projector simultaneously and can easily switch between the component connections on the 1250 and the hdmi connection on the projector with no issues whatsoever. I dont know what dvr ti-triodes uses? This may be receiver specific though!
post #15333 of 15344 Old 07-18-2015, 01:20 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCAVS View Post
If you have the internet fed through an add on module and not through the Genie (HR44), that WILL take up one of the 8 channels
Actually that is incorrect; ONLY actual tuners take up SWM channels. The only thing it takes up is a port on the SWM splitter.
Genie's take up 5 tuners, each H2x receivers take 1 tuner & each HR2x DVR's take 2 tuners...no other devices (like thin clients & external internet connector) counts toward SWM (tuner) channels.

I have a couple clients with exactly 8 tuners on a SWM LNB AND with the internet connector & have NO problems with all 8 tuners in use at once.
markrubin likes this.

Last edited by dishrich; 07-18-2015 at 01:27 PM.
post #15334 of 15344 Old 07-18-2015, 04:34 PM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by dishrich View Post
Actually that is incorrect; ONLY actual tuners take up SWM channels. The only thing it takes up is a port on the SWM splitter.
Genie's take up 5 tuners, each H2x receivers take 1 tuner & each HR2x DVR's take 2 tuners...no other devices (like thin clients & external internet connector) counts toward SWM (tuner) channels.

I have a couple clients with exactly 8 tuners on a SWM LNB AND with the internet connector & have NO problems with all 8 tuners in use at once.
I have never used the DirecTV Cinema Connection Kit, so you could be entirely correct. Shows what happens when I believe some of the "experts" over at dbstalk.
post #15335 of 15344 Old 07-19-2015, 04:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliens View Post
Very shortly after my above post (6-10) the issue cleared up. During the past week it is has returned, only worse. I now need to turn it off and on about 90% of the time. But this time after it comes back on I'm seeing that HDCP warning quickly flash on the screen before it goes away; then everything is fine. If I turn on the HR44 and don't get a pic and instead play something on the Oppo, then switch back to D* when I'm finished, then I'll get a picture, which tells me what we already know; this is a handshake issue. Why is this so inconsistent?

I've been getting the HDCP warning as well. D* has activated the copy flag for all HD channels, not just the premiums.
post #15336 of 15344 Old 07-19-2015, 04:24 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ti-triodes View Post
I've been getting the HDCP warning as well. D* has activated the copy flag for all HD channels, not just the premiums.
I don't understand how they can do that: most folks are using the HDMI connection now for D*

but I do agree something is wrong: this all started for me when I tried to use the OPPO as a scaler for the D* DVR
as I reported above I traced my issue to my Sharp Elite: I switched the feed to HDMI 3 and have not seen the issue return (also stopped using OPPO as a scaler)

If you see a problematic post, please do not quote it or respond to it: report it to the mods to handle
post #15337 of 15344 Old 07-19-2015, 04:31 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 142 Post(s)
Liked: 71
For some reason the HDMI connection between DirecTV and the Oppo didn't come up during power-on, so I switched to the 7.1 input of my Cary Cinema 12. That worked well until I tried to watch a recording of AI Artificial Intelligence; there was video but no audio. I power cycled the Genie and Oppo to bring HDMI up, and we had audio.

db
post #15338 of 15344 Old 07-19-2015, 04:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by markrubin View Post
I don't understand how they can do that: most folks are using the HDMI connection now for D*

It's because of the analog sunset according to the guys at DBStalk. Perhaps there are some bugs in the last FW upgrade that need to be addressed.

http://www.dbstalk.com/topic/218549-...ted-on-july-9/
markrubin likes this.
post #15339 of 15344 Old 07-20-2015, 05:11 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ti-triodes View Post
It's because of the analog sunset according to the guys at DBStalk. Perhaps there are some bugs in the last FW upgrade that need to be addressed.

http://www.dbstalk.com/topic/218549-...ted-on-july-9/
this is most troubling: these days most of us use HDMI to watch HD
ti-triodes likes this.

post #15340 of 15344 Old 07-20-2015, 06:05 AM
Super Moderator

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/34-hdt...l#post35891650

post #15341 of 15344 Old Today, 02:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 141
An electrical storm down here in South Florida made my power quickly go out and back on.

When my DirecTV STB rebooted I see the AT&T logo on the start-up screen... its officially AT&T software running now.
joe221 likes this.
post #15342 of 15344 Old Today, 02:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiratesCove View Post
An electrical storm down here in South Florida made my power quickly go out and back on.

When my DirecTV STB rebooted I see the AT&T logo on the start-up screen... its officially AT&T software running now.

I'm sure things will run a lot smoother with AT&T in charge.
post #15343 of 15344 Old Today, 02:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by PiratesCove View Post

I haven't rebooted but did have the screen saver come on, unwanted at that, and it says AT&T bit bit the Globe logo, yet.

Joe in West Los Angeles, CA
post #15344 of 15344 Old Today, 03:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Yep, they got branded with the screensaver and start up screen this past Monday.

"The dream never dies, just the dreamer."

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Programming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page