'Big Bang Theory' in HDTV on CBS - Page 121 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 563Likes

post #3601 of 3611 Old 02-16-2017, 11:12 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 494 Post(s)
Liked: 309
I still like the show...and while this season has had some of the better episodes in awhile.........I think the show needs to end.
mike1812 and phildaant like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3602 of 3611 Old 02-16-2017, 11:17 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 321 Post(s)
Liked: 160
How can the show's creators, directors, etc like the way the network Kris chopping it shorter ? Then again, they're likely paid the same no matter how short it ends up ! Just from a creative standpoint, plus they presumably film, errrr, sorry, RECORD, longer shows and for what?

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk
post #3603 of 3611 Old 02-17-2017, 05:07 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Quoted: 1280 Post(s)
Liked: 1030
Quote:
Originally Posted by hall View Post
How can the show's creators, directors, etc like the way the network Kris chopping it shorter ? Then again, they're likely paid the same no matter how short it ends up ! Just from a creative standpoint, plus they presumably film, errrr, sorry, RECORD, longer shows and for what?

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk
This isn't unique to the big bang theory or being used exclusively here, it is happening to all TV series in general.
phildaant likes this.

post #3604 of 3611 Old 02-17-2017, 08:18 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 311 Post(s)
Liked: 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post
This isn't unique to the big bang theory or being used exclusively here, it is happening to all TV series in general.
I have noticed that total ads between breaks is at times more than 5 minutes and half of the ads are new shows or existing ones they want to push.

Still a good show but it's aging and showing signs of wear and tear. Basically still has lots of laughs but it's more the one liners and not the actual story to follow. The weekly plots are boring and sometimes over the top stupid. This week with raj was funny to me but the once a year thing with Sheldon and Amy gets old after it's been played out over and over.

Just my thoughts
phildaant likes this.

My HT-Setup
LG 65EF9500 OLED - Denon AVR-X4200W - Definitive Technology Mythos STS - ProCenter 2000 - SR-8040BP - A60 for ATMOS - SVS Ultra-13 SUB- Xbox One - FIOS - Sony Blu-ray - Monster Power HTS3600 II - Microwave oven for Popcorn
post #3605 of 3611 Old 02-17-2017, 10:11 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 386 Post(s)
Liked: 259
I thought last night's episode was okay. Funny parts, but like you said, not an overall funny show, just a collection of funny zingers.
post #3606 of 3611 Old 02-17-2017, 11:16 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 863 Post(s)
Liked: 312
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickTheGreat View Post
I thought last night's episode was okay. Funny parts, but like you said, not an overall funny show, just a collection of funny zingers.
Yeah, so so episode.
post #3607 of 3611 Old 02-17-2017, 12:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1725 Post(s)
Liked: 808
I thought there were some good laughs last night. It helps when you know some bum....people like Raj. Unfortunately, this won't be a one and done. My guess is they are going to play Raj's financial situation for the rest of the year.

Current projector - JVC RS25 and Marantz VP15S1
Future projector - pre-ordered new JVC from AVScience
post #3608 of 3611 Old 02-17-2017, 01:07 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 311 Post(s)
Liked: 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericglo View Post
I thought there were some good laughs last night. It helps when you know some bum....people like Raj. Unfortunately, this won't be a one and done. My guess is they are going to play Raj's financial situation for the rest of the year.
I liked that no one wanted to take him in, the pass off was funny

Best part of the episode was RAJ's bits, the runner up was Sheldon's zone chart and the final closing scene where he didn't learn a thing about privacy with the last line he said.

My HT-Setup
LG 65EF9500 OLED - Denon AVR-X4200W - Definitive Technology Mythos STS - ProCenter 2000 - SR-8040BP - A60 for ATMOS - SVS Ultra-13 SUB- Xbox One - FIOS - Sony Blu-ray - Monster Power HTS3600 II - Microwave oven for Popcorn
post #3609 of 3611 Old 02-18-2017, 06:59 PM - Thread Starter

Meh, so so episode. Not to funny. Best part was when no one would take Raj. Howard was all like, "Why don't you like me".

post #3610 of 3611 Old Today, 12:23 PM - Thread Starter

‘The Big Bang Theory’ Stars Mayim Bialik and Melissa Rauch Seek Parity in New Contract
Cynthia Littleton 18 hours ago

The last hurdle to Warner Bros. TV and CBS clinching a two-season renewal of “The Big Bang Theory” is setting a new contract with actresses Mayim Bialik and Melissa Rauch.
According to multiple sources, the five original cast members on the show – Jim Parsons, Johnny Galecki, Kaley Cuoco, Kunal Nayyar and Simon Helberg — made the extraordinary gesture of taking a small pay cut to free up money for raises for Bialik and Rauch. The move is evidence of the strong camaraderie among the key players on the show that remains primetime’s most-watched comedy. The general harmony behind the scenes has also contributed to the show’s enduring creative strength, bolstered by the comedic chops of the core ensemble.

But as the dealmaking for what might be the final two seasons of “Big Bang” hits the home stretch, reps for Bialik and Rauch are said to be pressing for the studio to add some more coin to their paychecks as well.
Bialik and Rauch both joined “Big Bang” in season three and thus have to date earned significantly less than their co-stars. Both actresses are in the $200,000 per episode range this season, the show’s 10th, compared to $1 million per episode for the original five.

In the renewal talks that began late last year, the original cast members agreed to take a $100,000 cut in salary for the prospective 11th and 12th seasons to free up $500,000 to fund raises for Bialik and Rauch.
If Bialik and Rauch split the $500,000 from their co-stars, both would rise to nearly $450,000 an episode, or more than $21 million for the two-year, 48-episode deal. The question now is whether the two will hold firm for parity, or at least closer to parity, with the other stars. Negotiations on Bialik and Rauch’s deals are just beginning in earnest this week.

There’s little debate about whether the actresses have become integral to the world of “Big Bang.” Bialik’s Amy Farrah Fowler is the girlfriend of Parsons’ Sheldon Cooper, a relationship that has added emotional depth to the show. Rauch’s Bernadette Rostenkowski had a baby earlier this season with Helberg’s Howard Wolowitz’s character, which provided another source of highly rated episodes. Bialik has nabbed four consecutive supporting actress Emmy noms from 2012-15.

In the last “Big Bang” contract renewal cycle, Helberg and Nayyar secured raises that eventually brought them to seven-figure parity (as of this current season) with Parsons, Galecki and Cuoco.
But the timing for Bialik and Rauch to reach the high six-figure threshold is not as optimum as it was three years ago for Helberg and Nayyar.
The show has grossed over $1 billion in syndication for Warner Bros. Because of the way the cable and broadcast syndication deals are structured for long-running shows, “Big Bang” won’t generate much incremental revenue from the additional 48 episodes to come in an 11th and 12th seasons.

Cabler TBS and the TV stations that carry “Big Bang” reruns pay for the show by the week, not by the episode, for a pre-set license term. That means Warner Bros. will make the same fees with the existing 230 episodes as it would by adding another 48 installments to the mix. An SVOD licensing deal for “Big Bang” is believed to be in the works at long last (now that cable and broadcast syndication exclusivity terms have ended) but that too will most likely be based on a flat fee for a license term rather than an episode-based pricing model. With the big SVOD outlets increasingly plowing more resources into original programming, spending on off-network acquisitions has become tighter. “Big Bang” will surely draw strong interest, but the promise of additional episodes to come in 2018 and 2019 probably won’t drive the pricetag higher.

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/big-bang-th...010004140.html

post #3611 of 3611 Old Today, 01:47 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1725 Post(s)
Liked: 808
My question on syndication fees would be - is the show more relevant to syndication when it is still in first run and therefore more profitable?

Current projector - JVC RS25 and Marantz VP15S1
Future projector - pre-ordered new JVC from AVScience
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Programming

Tags
The Big Bang Theory The Complete Fifth Season