post #2701 of 2707 Old 05-27-2014, 01:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharp1080 View Post

True they don't mention that detail as that would kill the comedy. Similar to living with your parents when grown. It doesn't matter who owns it, the elevator would have been replaced and or repaired already, per City of Pasadena codes and ordinances! How many apartments have you either lived in or visited that had an elevator explode and not be investigated and repaired? It has to be repaired period! I".

Ah, speaking of killing the comedy....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2702 of 2707 Old 05-27-2014, 01:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 19
I would rather take the stairs for a few flights myself....smile.gif

Peachtree City Golf Cart Rider
post #2703 of 2707 Old 05-27-2014, 03:13 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 137
Quote:

Not able to repair an elevator? Really are you serious? Why wouldn't they? It's just a gag to walk the stairs.The school could rebuild the entire apartment complex if they wanted to. There have been some crazy things happen on that campus. The !@#$ students actually did rig a device that looked like a "bomb" inside a large container one time thinking it would be funny. Bomb squad, and Haz Mat was called and 3 hours later at about 4am we cleared the call. Bright minds but dumb as hell as far as using common sense!

Yes, a bomb blew up in the elevator, destroying the entire interior infrastructure, the shaft, everything. The landlord is probably saying it is currently being fixed and taking his time as the cost would mean he would probably have to go out of business to replace all of that.

Why would the school rebuild the stairs if they wanted to? The school has nothing to do with the building. The school does not go around to all the businesses miles and miles away saying, hey we'll fix that for you. Please, get over your whole school obsession. Sure there are some smart people there and they do some good things, but they are not running around fixing everything and they don't own every building every employee lives in.

post #2704 of 2707 Old 05-27-2014, 03:26 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 137
Quote:

Cal Tech owns most of the property including houses and apartment buildings around the area. That includes property "miles away". They have sold a lot of them off. Put it this way, they offered to build us a fire station on their land for FREE! The city of course said no thanks.The students and alumni get cheap rent when staying on a school owned apartment building.

No way they own the building Sheldon lives in. If they did it wouldn't still take two of them to live in one apartment to afford it (which they have stated). There would be more employees living there instead of the type of people they have shown living there. Sure Cal Tech owns some buildings but there are thousands and they own a few.

post #2705 of 2707 Old 05-27-2014, 04:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by vfxproducer View Post

Ah, speaking of killing the comedy....

Don't worry...you just brought it back with that comment, lol! In fact that was almost Leonard-like.
post #2706 of 2707 Old 05-27-2014, 08:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 86
I didn't mean for that to happen!

I brought up the elevator because I thought in the scheme of things that the elevator is a bigger elephant in the room than most of the other stuff that people have complained about "not making sense"... unfortunately, I proved my point by getting everyone talking about the elevator smile.gif

Yeah baby!  It's Halloween!
post #2707 of 2707 Old 05-28-2014, 08:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Wait, there's an elevator?!?
Reply HDTV Programming

Tags
The Big Bang Theory The Complete Fifth Season

User Tag List