Joss Whedon's 'Dollhouse' w/ Eliza Dushku on FOX - Page 86 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #2551 of 2557 Old 07-07-2010, 04:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 130
by the end of 2012 Joss is either going to be able to do anything he wants or nothing at all. . Unless The Avengers goes the way of WW...

"There is no truth. There's just what you believe."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2552 of 2557 Old 07-08-2010, 05:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post

^^^Joss Whedon's greatest work? Oh, c'mon... It's 'Firefly'; no contest - and it wouldn't be if there was some metric to sample all of geekdom on that issue. That "poll" is ridiculous. I liked 'Dollhouse' and wish it could have continued and 'Buffy' had its amusing moments, but really now... 'Firefly' was one of the best shows ever created for television - nearly perfect TV, IMHO. Um, except for the fact that so few people discovered it amid FOX's scheduling chaos. Those that did know what I mean.

Yep, exactly what I was thinking. I loved Dollhouse, but I still believe Firefly is one of the greatest shows of all-time, and it's definitely my all-time favorite.

XBL & PSN: Vcize

Hit me up on XBL if you're going to be playing CoD Ghosts or the PS Vita

post #2553 of 2557 Old 07-08-2010, 06:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDMe2 View Post

I also think Dollhouse as a movie is unlikely... because unlike Firefly, Dollhouse did get a finale that was planned (Epitaph 1 + 2) that wrapped up a lot of major storylines. To go back now and do something else, knowing what we now know? I'm not sure how that would work.

Yeah, there's no need for a Dollhouse movie as it already had a (great) ending, that is easily my favorite TV show ending of all-time and that I liked more than most movies. It was so satisfying.

I guess if they were to do a movie, they could kind of use it to cover the time between the end of the second to last episode and the beginning of epitaph 1, to show the world actually being destroyed.

That said, there's really no way anyone is going to throw big money around for a Dollhouse movie, and there's no fans clamoring for it since the series was already wrapped up in a satisfactory manner. I would bet everything I own that there will never be a Dollhouse movie, which is fine. I like where it was left off.

XBL & PSN: Vcize

Hit me up on XBL if you're going to be playing CoD Ghosts or the PS Vita

post #2554 of 2557 Old 07-12-2010, 02:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
The Sarah Connor Chronicles REALLY left us all HANGING, though because, I guess, they WERE counting on (or at least hoping for) a third season... Here's something that would make a really NEAT movie -- a Dollhouse hybrid, with a wrap-up of TSCC in it, as well -- bring back Summer Glau again, but not as Bennett Halverson, but as her TSCC character -- heck, maybe even figure out a way to tie the two in together??? (that may be too much of a stretch, especially since there was already a flashback with her character in TSCC where she remembered her the original person, who wasn't anything like Bennett -- at least not the angry, cynical Bennett who was crippled and abandoned by Caroline)... Anyway, it's a thought... I thought TSCC was "just coming into its own" when it got canceled -- finally really getting interesting, BUT that new Terminator movie came out and didn't really do that well at the box office (I went to see it -- first one I think I actually paid to see in the theaters, I think -- and I wasn't as impressed as I'd hoped, either). Still, the story they were working on in TSCC was getting very interesting... Might be nice to see what Whedon could do with that -- maybe have some elements of the "end days" of Dollhouse worked in there.

Just a thought, or two.
Jeff

Life is the only constant...

post #2555 of 2557 Old 10-13-2010, 08:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 10
I just got my Season 2 Blu-Ray. There is a comic book inside that is pretty lame. It also has some commentaries, Defining Moments A Retrospective with Joss Whedon, Looking Back Roundtable with Joss Whedon and cast, and deleted scenes and outakes.
post #2556 of 2557 Old 10-13-2010, 09:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
So season two is available... I might rent it just to watch the last few episodes that got stranded on my broken DVR.

Reading over these comments reminds me that I should probably watch Firefly sometime too.
post #2557 of 2557 Old 10-13-2010, 01:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffAHayes View Post

The Sarah Connor Chronicles REALLY left us all HANGING, though because, I guess, they WERE counting on (or at least hoping for) a third season... Here's something that would make a really NEAT movie -- a Dollhouse hybrid, with a wrap-up of TSCC in it, as well -- bring back Summer Glau again, but not as Bennett Halverson, but as her TSCC character -- heck, maybe even figure out a way to tie the two in together??? (that may be too much of a stretch, especially since there was already a flashback with her character in TSCC where she remembered her the original person, who wasn't anything like Bennett -- at least not the angry, cynical Bennett who was crippled and abandoned by Caroline)... Anyway, it's a thought... I thought TSCC was "just coming into its own" when it got canceled -- finally really getting interesting, BUT that new Terminator movie came out and didn't really do that well at the box office (I went to see it -- first one I think I actually paid to see in the theaters, I think -- and I wasn't as impressed as I'd hoped, either). Still, the story they were working on in TSCC was getting very interesting... Might be nice to see what Whedon could do with that -- maybe have some elements of the "end days" of Dollhouse worked in there.

Just a thought, or two.
Jeff

Sounds much like my old idea of tying a movie & TV show together.

Have the last moments of Blair Witch Project (no credits, just to the point that the video camera goes black) pan backwards to reveal that the raw BLP footage just been viewed on a TV screen via VHS by none other than Agent Fox Mulder.

"Scully? We're going camping!"

Money does not buy happiness. It can, however, buy you a giant boat that you can pull up alongside happiness. - David Lee Roth

Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page