Dish Network HDTV - Page 86 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #2551 of 2574 Old 03-17-2014, 07:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 278
Forget the HDMI cable. If you had a bad one you wouldn't see anything.

About resetting the 622. You can either push the button or unplug it. You won't lose any of your settings. If that fails, I'd call Dish and let them work you through it.
Young C likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2552 of 2574 Old 03-17-2014, 07:49 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by Young C View Post

DVR & TV audio was working just fine. I wanted to use my 5.1 surround sound though. Not the TV speakers. I will need two optical cables for this, right? One from my TV to my AVR and another from my DVR to the AVR. Everything should be linked at that point.

I was having this issue as well:
UN60ES7100F Dolby Is Not Available (Grayed Out) Even Though I Have A Dolby Digital Source
http://support-us.samsung.com/cyber/popup/iframe/pop_troubleshooting_fr.jsp?idx=347141&modelname=UN60ES7100F&modelcode=UN60ES7100FXZA

That's another conversation. I am only trying to get the video working. I want to watch TV!! Banshee, Cosmos, Shameless, etc. frown.gif
I can handle the TV speakers for now.

Since your AVR is not HDMI, then connect an optical cable between the DVR and the AVR to get sound from the DVR. Connect HDMI between DVR and the Display/TV.

Which TV do you have?
Young C likes this.

Samsung 64F8500, Panasonic 65VT50, Oppo 95, Tivo Roamio for OTA, Dish VIP722, Marantz AV8801 preamp, Rotel Amps, Atlantic Tech 8200 speakers, Seaton Submersive HP, Calman 5, Chromapure, Accupel DVG-5000, i1Display3pro, i1pro2, eecolor colorbox.
post #2553 of 2574 Old 03-17-2014, 07:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliens View Post

Forget the HDMI cable. If you had a bad one you wouldn't see anything.

About resetting the 622. You can either push the button or unplug it. You won't lose any of your settings. If that fails, I'd call Dish and let them work you through it.

I unplugged the 622 several times yesterday. Had two 20 minute advanced tech support conversations.

When I was jiggling the Dish satellite-in wires yesterday the video feed went in and out. Almost like those cables are going dead. Lose wires within the cable. The connections were all snugged tight so I don't think that's the issue.

Wish I could just stay home from work and trouble shoot all day. Have to exercise after work too. Maybe watching TV takes priority over exercising? LOL biggrin.gif
post #2554 of 2574 Old 03-17-2014, 07:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimP View Post

Since your AVR is not HDMI, then connect an optical cable between the DVR and the AVR to get sound from the DVR. Connect HDMI between DVR and the Display/TV.

Which TV do you have?

That's what I did. Must be a setting on the TV because I could not get Dolby Digital 5.1 to come through. I did get audio between my 5.1 system, it just wasn't DD 5.1

I have the Samsung UN55F7100AF. 55" LED 1080p 3DTV
http://www.samsung.com/us/video/tvs/UN55F7100AFXZA
post #2555 of 2574 Old 03-17-2014, 08:08 AM
AVS Special Member

I haven't tried going back to the component video route. I guess that's a process of elimination, if that works it must be an HDMI port issue. Either on the 622 or my TV.

I just read this statement from here http://www.highdefforum.com/dish-network-forum/115545-problem-622-receiver-hdmi-output.html
Quote:
The 622 is notorious for having HDMI connections go bad.

eek.gif

Bleh.. I had video for 30 minutes!
post #2556 of 2574 Old 03-17-2014, 08:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 86
You want to take one optical cable directly from the DVR to the AVR. No need to go to the TV at all. You will need to turn the TV sound all the way down if you are hooked up HDMI from the DVR to the TV. Just for jeepers, I'd replace the HDMI cable from the DVR to the TV. BTW, I had a Denon AVR a few years back that didn't have HDMI, only component. When I bought a new HDTV that had HDMI, I went HDMI from the DVR to the TV and optical to the AVR. I had audio sync issues. I actually bought a new Denon AVR that had HDMI in and out along with Auto Audio sync (AVR 2312CI)... It has worked flawlessly..... The Denon becomes the switch between the DVR, BD player, and ROKU....

Bobby 

post #2557 of 2574 Old 03-17-2014, 08:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby94928 View Post

You want to take one optical cable directly from the DVR to the AVR. No need to go to the TV at all. You will need to turn the TV sound all the way down if you are hooked up HDMI from the DVR to the TV. Just for jeepers, I'd replace the HDMI cable from the DVR to the TV. BTW, I had a Denon AVR a few years back that didn't have HDMI, only component. When I bought a new HDTV that had HDMI, I went HDMI from the DVR to the TV and optical to the AVR. I had audio sync issues. I actually bought a new Denon AVR that had HDMI in and out along with Auto Audio sync (AVR 2312CI)... It has worked flawlessly..... The Denon becomes the switch between the DVR, BD player, and ROKU....

Interesting. I should have known that tongue.gif

Good deal. Thanks for the input!
post #2558 of 2574 Old 03-17-2014, 03:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Don't know if this is correct forum for this question -

Is there a comparison anywhere of the following. [Concerning DISH, DTV, Comcast cable,ATT Uverse etc.]

1. Cost for comparable packages. I know everyone's pkg. offerings are diff., so this is hard. Also, have to use cable if only for internet since, like most locations, the cable company is the only provider of service fast enuf to watch video streaming.
2. Quality - All I've seen is that ATT Uverse has worse quality than the others.
3. I would rather buy equipment then be forced to rent - which is the only option for cable.

Personally, a low end channel offering would suffice for us.
post #2559 of 2574 Old 03-17-2014, 05:27 PM
AVS Special Member

My problem is solved (sort of.) Connected component video cables and I get a picture! So.. my ViP622's HDMI port is busted. I'll test out another box in a few days.
Read a lot of forums on the subject matter today. Numerous people complain that the HDMI ports are faulty and sensitive on the 622s. Hoping mine just was faulty and all will be fixed on the new box.
post #2560 of 2574 Old 03-19-2014, 03:09 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by machpost View Post

Has anyone seen a date yet for when Dish customers will have access to WatchESPN?

I haven't, but ESPNU showed up in HD last night, so I'm hopeful that the ball is rolling.
post #2561 of 2574 Old 03-19-2014, 04:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 86
It will be here very soon!

Bobby 

post #2562 of 2574 Old 03-20-2014, 07:40 AM
AVS Special Member

HDMI problem has been solved! The ViP622 box had a faulty HDMI port. E* sent out a new box and it works perfectly.

Now to customized all my timers and events. I also have nothing on the DVR eek.gif
Feels good to be fresh. I had that old receiver for like 5 or 6 years?

Thanks for all the help you guys biggrin.gif
post #2563 of 2574 Old 03-28-2014, 07:53 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby94928 View Post

It will be here very soon!

Elsewhere on the Interwebs, someone posted screenshots of Dish authentication working with the WatchESPN app on an Android device a few days ago, so it indeed looks like it's very close.
post #2564 of 2574 Old 03-28-2014, 08:03 AM

Liked: 11
Disney on 172 is now in HD following an agreement with Disney. This deal may also result in losing the ability to Hop commercials on ABC owned channels.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/business/2014/03/03/dish-network-walt-disney-internet-tv/5984663/

In other news, Dish and DirecTV reportedly are discussing a merger...

http://money.cnn.com/2014/03/26/technology/dish-network-directv/

***Credis Quod Habes Et Habes***

post #2565 of 2574 Old 03-28-2014, 08:37 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 26
post #2566 of 2574 Old 03-28-2014, 08:41 AM

Missed that post tongue.gif Seems that my forum notifications are sporadic!

***Credis Quod Habes Et Habes***

post #2567 of 2574 Old 04-02-2014, 01:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 69
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet, I am gonna be rich. Class action lawsuit being filed over FSN/FX. Just got the email.

You received this Notice because records indicate you were a customer of DISH Network L.L.C. (“DISH”) who 1) paid for a programming package for all or part of October, 2010 that included Fox Sports Net (“FSN”) programming and/or FX programming; and 2) did not receive a monetary credit equal to the value of such programming, which DISH failed to provide from October 1, 2010 to October 29, 2010. If you meet these criteria, you are a member of the class certified by the Court unless you choose to exclude yourself.

A class action lawsuit has been filed by Plaintiff Mike Padberg against DISH alleging that DISH breached its subscriber contracts and/or the duty of good faith and fair dealing by failing to provide subscribers with a monetary credit equal to the value of the FSN and/or FX programming that was not provided by DISH from October 1, 2010 until October 29, 2010. DISH denies these claims and has asserted numerous defenses to this action. The Court has not ruled on the merits of the claims or DISH's denial of the claims. To obtain additional information about the case, including the full class action notice, please visit www.PadbergDISHClassAction.com or call 1-888-968-7008 to request a copy of the full class action notice if you do not have internet access.

On July 11, 2013, the Court ruled that this lawsuit may be maintained as a class action, meaning that the case can proceed on behalf of all DISH customers who meet the criteria to be in the class. You have the choice to stay in the class or exclude yourself from the class. If you wish to remain in the class, you do not need to do anything. The Court has appointed lawyers to represent the class, so you do not need to hire your own lawyer if you wish to remain in the class. However, you may hire a lawyer at your own expense who can enter an appearance for you in the case if you so choose.

If you want to be excluded from the class, you must send a written notice including your name, address and a statement that you wish to be excluded from the class to: DISH Class Administrator; c/o Dahl Administration, P.O. Box 3614, Minneapolis, MN 55403-0614 or mail@PadbergDISHClassAction.com. To be effective, your exclusion notice must be received by the class administrator on or before July 2, 2014. If you do not exclude yourself from the class, the final outcome of the lawsuit, whether favorable to the class or favorable to DISH, will apply to you. If you exclude yourself, you will not participate in any favorable result from the litigation, but will retain all rights you have related to any individual claims you may have.

**Pursuant to 47 U.S.C. § 338(i)(4)(B)(ii), you are hereby notified that the Court has ordered DISH to disclose to counsel for the class on May 28, 2014 certain personally identifiable information of class members, including each class member's name, mailing address, e-mail address, DISH programming package, and the price of the DISH programming package, in connection with class counsel's further administration of the class and representation of the claims of the class members.

RIP John, my best friend. Oct 17th 1966 - Nov 13th 2010

RIP Victor, my dad, June 26th 1927 - April 13th 2011
post #2568 of 2574 Old 04-02-2014, 01:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaTaGuMp View Post

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet, I am gonna be rich. Class action lawsuit being filed over FSN/FX. Just got the email.

You received this Notice because records indicate you were a customer of DISH Network L.L.C. (“DISH”) who 1) paid for a programming package for all or part of October, 2010 that included Fox Sports Net (“FSN”) programming and/or FX programming; and 2) did not receive a monetary credit equal to the value of such programming, which DISH failed to provide from October 1, 2010 to October 29, 2010. If you meet these criteria, you are a member of the class certified by the Court unless you choose to exclude yourself.

A class action lawsuit has been filed by Plaintiff Mike Padberg against DISH alleging that DISH breached its subscriber contracts and/or the duty of good faith and fair dealing by failing to provide subscribers with a monetary credit equal to the value of the FSN and/or FX programming that was not provided by DISH from October 1, 2010 until October 29, 2010. DISH denies these claims and has asserted numerous defenses to this action. The Court has not ruled on the merits of the claims or DISH's denial of the claims. To obtain additional information about the case, including the full class action notice, please visit www.PadbergDISHClassAction.com or call 1-888-968-7008 to request a copy of the full class action notice if you do not have internet access.

On July 11, 2013, the Court ruled that this lawsuit may be maintained as a class action, meaning that the case can proceed on behalf of all DISH customers who meet the criteria to be in the class. You have the choice to stay in the class or exclude yourself from the class. If you wish to remain in the class, you do not need to do anything. The Court has appointed lawyers to represent the class, so you do not need to hire your own lawyer if you wish to remain in the class. However, you may hire a lawyer at your own expense who can enter an appearance for you in the case if you so choose.

If you want to be excluded from the class, you must send a written notice including your name, address and a statement that you wish to be excluded from the class to: DISH Class Administrator; c/o Dahl Administration, P.O. Box 3614, Minneapolis, MN 55403-0614 or mail@PadbergDISHClassAction.com. To be effective, your exclusion notice must be received by the class administrator on or before July 2, 2014. If you do not exclude yourself from the class, the final outcome of the lawsuit, whether favorable to the class or favorable to DISH, will apply to you. If you exclude yourself, you will not participate in any favorable result from the litigation, but will retain all rights you have related to any individual claims you may have.

**Pursuant to 47 U.S.C. § 338(i)(4)(B)(ii), you are hereby notified that the Court has ordered DISH to disclose to counsel for the class on May 28, 2014 certain personally identifiable information of class members, including each class member's name, mailing address, e-mail address, DISH programming package, and the price of the DISH programming package, in connection with class counsel's further administration of the class and representation of the claims of the class members.

Yep, if you are an attorney. Otherwise, if this goes through, we may get a dollar. And that is being generous. biggrin.gif
post #2569 of 2574 Old 04-02-2014, 02:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliens View Post

Yep, if you are an attorney. Otherwise, if this goes through, we may get a dollar. And that is being generous. biggrin.gif

No way, this one will be different, easily going to be a billionaire.

RIP John, my best friend. Oct 17th 1966 - Nov 13th 2010

RIP Victor, my dad, June 26th 1927 - April 13th 2011
post #2570 of 2574 Old 04-15-2014, 08:42 AM

ESPN3 and WatchESPN seem to be working for Dish customers now.
post #2571 of 2574 Old 05-27-2014, 08:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 47
weve got 2 722 DVRs supporting our 2 hd tvs

thinking of adding a 3rd screen

what would be best both hd wise and economically to.support 3 hd sets with 3 different users. Multiple recording requests likely in this scenario

thanks

neflixis our nemesis
post #2572 of 2574 Old 05-27-2014, 08:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. wally View Post

weve got 2 722 DVDs supporting our 2 hx tvs

thinking of adding 3rd had screen

what would be best both hd wise and economically to.support 3 hd sets with 3 different users. Multiple recording requests likely in this scenario

thanks

Assuming you have 722 DVRs (and not 722K)... (the difference being 1 OTA tuner in a 722 vs 2 OTA tuners in the add-on module for a 722K)...

You have 2 SAT tuners + 1 OTA tuner in each DVR... for 4 SAT + 2 OTA overall (4 OTA if you had 722K).

My personal recommendation for you IF you are going to add another room...

Get a 2 Hopper + 1 Joey setup.

Each Hopper has 3 SAT tuners and can have 1 OTA tuner via a USB-add-on from Dish. That would give you 6 SAT tuners + 2 OTA tuners.

The Joey can connect to either Hopper and watch recordings made from either Hopper or it can use any of those tuners to watch live TV.

Each Hopper can only see its on tuners, but can watch recordings on the other Hopper.

Also... The Hopper will use a single tuner for ABC/CBS/FOX/NBC LiLs... so you can record all four of those any time of the day and just tie up one tuner.

There is also a nice nightly "primetime anytime" feature that can be set to automatically record 3-4 hours of primetime on those LiLs every night... and commercial skip features on those recordings by the next day.

If you have any external hard drives with recordings from your 722 receivers, those will work on the Hopper and you will not lose any of those recordings.

This, to me, is the best way for you to go.

The other way to go, is adding another 722 for another room... and you'll end up with 1 more OTA tuner that you probably don't really need... and less interoperability than with the Hopper/Joey setup.

Yeah baby!  It's Halloween!
post #2573 of 2574 Old 07-13-2014, 10:25 AM

Anyone having problems with PBS SoCal Channel 50 on a Dish Receiver? All of a sudden the OTA signal has dropped to 50 instead of the normal 98. All of my other OTA channel are still showing 98 and better. I still get strong signals from Channel 50 on my TV receiver so I have to think its something weird in the signal. Thought the ota module in my dish vip622 might be going bad....but only affect one channel?

Any ideas?

I posted this to the ota forum but someone suggested posting it in the Dish forum. Is there a Dish OTA forum?
post #2574 of 2574 Old 07-15-2014, 12:06 PM

newz54,

What is the zip code of the services? What I want to do is check to see if there is a documented issue for your area to better help you.

Thanks
Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page