Dish Network HDTV - Page 87 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-01-2014, 08:33 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoilerJim View Post
This may have been answered before, but does Dish Network have an actual "on-demand" service like the cable companies do? I have U-verse and am also familiar with Comcast, both of which offer "on-demand" for (among other things) subscribers of the premium channels like HBO, Showtime, etc. I have a friend in southern Indiana who has Dish and missed the first two episodes of "The Knick" on Cinemax, so I asked him why he just didn't watch them on-demand. You would have thought I was speaking a foreign language, and he told me he had never heard of such a service and was pretty sure it wasn't avilable. So, my question is... does Dish Network have an on-demand service or do programs have to be saved to the DVR for later viewing?
If the show is available, watch right away.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-22-2014, 09:22 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Hopper Update

Definitely like the most recent software update to Hopper. Brought icons to show which shows are available on-demand, can now see next available episode of series recorded on DVR, and best of all one-button on and off for closed captions!
ltownsend likes this.

Visiting since 2002!
Old 12-17-2014, 03:14 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 10
anyone use the winegard pathway X2. i'm really interested in this product.

If i wanted to put something in front of my dish so its not so obvious, what materials can the signal go through?
Old 12-25-2014, 09:28 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I upgraded from Hopper to Hopper with Sling recently & am having a problem with GUIDE. I was wondering if anyone with a Dish Hopper with Sling was experiencing this issue.

Turning the Hopper ON the GUIDE forgets the previous personal setting & will always be reset to MY CHANNELS. Once the GUIDE is set to the personal setting it often reverts back to MY CHANNELS out of no where. I figure it's a software glitch but wondered if others were experiencing this?
Old 05-17-2015, 09:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Anyone else having issues in the last month or so with stuff being ordered that you know for a fact was not ordered?

Somehow the Mayweather Pacquino fight was ordered for my home, and I just logged into my dish network account and somehow I started getting Brazzers TV about a month ago also!

I know neither one of these was ordered in my home, so it seems as though dish network is either ripping people off or it's some sort of glitch on their end. I complained for both instances but they wouldn't give me any refunds for this crap I didn't order. Only some partial credits.

1 Mitsubishi WD-82642 82" TV
1 Onkyo TX-NR929 11.4 setup
2 Emotiva XPA-5's
1 Emotiva XPA-100
1 Definitive Technology CLR 3000 (Center)
2 Definitive Technology BP2004TL's (Mains)
2 Definitive Technology ProMonitor 1000's (Heights)
6 Definitive Technology BPX's (Rears Wides Sides)
4 CHT VS-18.1 Subs
Old 05-18-2015, 03:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 344 Post(s)
Liked: 301
How do you "know" no one ordered those things? Sure you don't have kids in the house ordering things that they shouldn't be ordering?
yadfgp likes this.

Me do not have signature.
Where I am when I'm not here!
Old 05-18-2015, 04:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDMe2 View Post
How do you "know" no one ordered those things? Sure you don't have kids in the house ordering things that they shouldn't be ordering?
I live alone and my hopper box has the 4 code parental lock, and my account online is not set up to save my log in info.

One of the things that was ordered, I asked the dish network rep how it was ordered and they said it was ordered via online chat. Which is BS because I'm the only one with access to my account. I'm the only one who knows all this info.

2 Emotiva XPA-5's
1 Emotiva XPA-100
4 CHT VS-18.1 Subs
Old 05-19-2015, 06:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Strange... but the devil's advocate in me has to ask... if you live alone, why do you have the parental lock enabled? The whole point of that is to lock out other people in the home from doing just what you've described... and if no one else is in the home, there's not a lot of point in enabling that is there?

Not saying there aren't glitches... but these are not the usual kind of glitches I've heard of... about 95% of the time these things boil down to someone in the home (or perhaps you had a visitor) ordered something, perhaps even by accident, and just didn't admit to it.

There is the rare case of online chat being ordered and if an account number is close to yours, it could be typoed by the CSR... but those are usually easier to clear up because if you didn't order them, then you never tuned your receiver to them... and you can prove that, or rather they can pull logs from your receiver and prove you never tuned to them... in which case, they should credit you for them.
yadfgp likes this.

Old 05-19-2015, 06:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDMe2 View Post
Strange... but the devil's advocate in me has to ask... if you live alone, why do you have the parental lock enabled? The whole point of that is to lock out other people in the home from doing just what you've described... and if no one else is in the home, there's not a lot of point in enabling that is there?

Not saying there aren't glitches... but these are not the usual kind of glitches I've heard of... about 95% of the time these things boil down to someone in the home (or perhaps you had a visitor) ordered something, perhaps even by accident, and just didn't admit to it.

There is the rare case of online chat being ordered and if an account number is close to yours, it could be typoed by the CSR... but those are usually easier to clear up because if you didn't order them, then you never tuned your receiver to them... and you can prove that, or rather they can pull logs from your receiver and prove you never tuned to them... in which case, they should credit you for them.
I didn't used to have the parental lock on. When the fight mysteriously was ordered and I called to dish to complain about it, they recommended I have the parental lock on. So that's when I turned it on. Then as I said earlier, the Brazzers channel was ordered but it couldn't have been ordered through my TV, due to the parental lock being on. They said that was ordered through the online chat system. Which there's no way that could have happened due to me being the only knowing my account login info.

Turns out today when I got my latest bill, it was about $130.00 more than what I had expected. I looked to see what other stuff "I" ordered, and found that on May 14th, not only was the Brazzers channel ordered, but about $70.00 worth of adult movies, plus the movie Mortedecai was ordered twice also.

So since no one but me can access my account, I'd say it's safe to say Dish is ripping me off. I haven't checked in with Dish about all the other stuff that I recently found out was ordered. Whenever I tell them I didn't order anything that was ordered, they tell me there are no refunds.

Thanks for the tip on checking the logs to see that I never tuned into those channels, that alone right there should say I didn't order this stuff. I mean afterall, why order about a $100 worth of programming if you don't even bother to watch any of it?

EDIT : Well I just called dish to see if they can look up the logs of what I've viewed and she said she was unable to do so.

While I was on the phone with her I went though as much as humanly possible to ensure that no one but me can order anything at all so that should prevent this sort of thing from happening again. And if it does happen again, I'll know that dish is ripping me off.

2 Emotiva XPA-5's
1 Emotiva XPA-100
4 CHT VS-18.1 Subs

Last edited by yadfgp; 05-19-2015 at 07:17 PM.
Old 05-20-2015, 01:13 PM
AVS Special Member

She can't be telling the truth on that front... As long as you have your receiver connected to a phone line OR an Internet connection... they are collecting logs from the receiver all the time about your viewing habits and to report PPV orders. Someone there can definitely tell whether or not you tuned to a channel on that receiver, especially a PPV one where there is an authentication process that happens under the covers between the time you tune to a channel and actually get the audio/video once the receiver knows it is ok for you to watch.
yadfgp likes this.

Old 05-20-2015, 02:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Yea, when I asked her if there was some way about being able to tell if anyone actually tuned into those broadcasts, if there was some sort of log keeping track of what I had been watching, she said something to the affect of not knowing how to do that. She said she would look into and put me on hold for a minute to see, but when she got back to me she kinda brushed it off and that was the end of it.

It would seem to me that what you're saying makes sense. I might call back and press that issue further.

It's only been 6 days since the last unauthorized orders were made.

Thanks for all the help HDMe2.

2 Emotiva XPA-5's
1 Emotiva XPA-100
4 CHT VS-18.1 Subs
Old 05-21-2015, 01:24 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Go to http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/help/dirt-help/ and see if you can get a hold of a representative(aka DIRT) to help with this issue. It doesn't seem right that you should have to pay for these if you didn't order them.
Old 05-22-2015, 01:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yadfgp View Post
Yea, when I asked her if there was some way about being able to tell if anyone actually tuned into those broadcasts, if there was some sort of log keeping track of what I had been watching, she said something to the affect of not knowing how to do that. She said she would look into and put me on hold for a minute to see, but when she got back to me she kinda brushed it off and that was the end of it.

It would seem to me that what you're saying makes sense. I might call back and press that issue further.

It's only been 6 days since the last unauthorized orders were made.

Thanks for all the help HDMe2.
You're welcome... I wish I was able to do more than just point you at the right direction. PMing with a DIRT rep might help get some more personalized assistance. I'll second that suggestion, though I'd suggest doing it at DBSTalk, of course, since I'm a member there as well.

If I was billed for something, especially $130+ of something, I didn't order, I wouldn't be as patient as it seems like you've been so far.