Is Customer Service Dead (Comcast)? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 01-27-2009, 06:57 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Does this board allow venting? I hope so because if I don't release soon, I'll probably take my new (and very first) digital, flat screen, 52" Sharp 85u down to Comcast and shove it up someone's backside!

Day 1: Got my TV, set it up, looks like I'm getting some HD content straight out of the wall from Comcast's Expanded Basic. It looks fantastic and I'm in my glee!

Day 2: I call Comcast to inquire about HDTV and was told by rep#1 that I simply needed an HD box for $6.95/month. I could order it and have it installed or pick it up at a local office. Thank you very much for the info, I'll get back to you.

Day 3: Called Comcast to inquire about getting additional HD programming and was told by rep#2 it was available with the HD box for $15.95/month. ESPN, National Geographic and a few others. Thanks for the info! ... Called again an hour later and rep#3 told me that I HAD to get Digital Cable to access HD, getting the HD box only would NOT allow me to view any HD channels. Was a little disappointed about receiving incorrect info from the first two reps. So called again and rep#4 told me that all I needed was the HD box and I could pick it up at a local office.

Day 5: Called Comcast again. This time rep#5 told me only did I need Digital Cable, I needed the Digital Premier Service to get HD, because HD channels are not available on regular Digital Cable. Getting a little frustrated so hung up and called again... rep #6 told me I simply needed an HD box and did not have to subscribe to any additional services. So, can I pick up the box and install it myself? Sure... oops... there aren't any available at your local offices, but I can put you on a waiting list. Thanks, please do so, I will eagerly await your call.

Day 9: Hello rep #7, I was just wondering if you can tell me whether my local offices received any HD boxes, "No I can't" ... then silence. Okaaaay.. I just wanted to see if I could get a box to... "You have to go and see if they have any yourself." But last week another rep checked for me and told me.. "We don't do that anymore you have to go in yourself. They get boxes but they go quickly so so have to take your chances" So between last week and today you changed policies and... "Uh huh! You just have to go yourself and try to get a box" Okay... can you provide me with the numbers for the local office so I can call before I ... "They don't receive calls, you can only go in in person" Well this makes dealing with Comcast very difficult, and I do not get the feeling that Comcast cares about having me as a customer. I have to tell you that this new policy is really customer-unfriendly. Can you escalate my comments to a supervisor? I don't feel that I'm being taken care of as a Comcast customer. "Okay, well, is there anything else I can do for you?" Unfortunately it doesn't seem so. "Have a nice day and thank you for calling Comcast."

I was floored! It is so clear that the customer is not important to them.

I went online immediately to switch my internet from Comcast, but I'm on the intro deal of $24.95/month (Comcast took over from Brighthouse in November), it would almost double my cost to switch. And my association pays for the Expanded Cable so it'll cost me to get a different provider.

I just don't believe how far customer service has fallen, and I understand that the reps themselves may have little power to influence any changes, but a little empathy with me as a customer can go a long way. I will continue to seek other options. Unfortunately, when I'm burned, I leave and stay away for a long time. More than 3 years ago Verizon didn't take care of me as a customer, and although I can switch back to them today and get the Blackberry Storm discounted (I really want it), I will not give them my business. (Although I will admit that I am VERY tempted).

Thanks for reading... I feel better!

Sony 52W4100 LCD, LG 42PG25 Plasma, Sony 46Z5100 LCD, Samsung 19D4000 LED, Samsung BD-P 2550, PS3 Slim, Sony BDP-S350, LG BD570, Panny DMR-EZ485V
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 02-09-2009, 11:51 PM

After 9 long agonizing years I finally switched from Comcast to AT&T last week. I've been a mobile customer with them for like 7 years and I was beside myself with joy when U-verse was available in my area. Hopefully you can find someone who works in the call center for Comcast that has an idea of what's going on and is willing to help you. The ratio is about 1 for every 1,200 employees give or take 50.
post #3 of 3 Old 02-10-2009, 06:07 PM

There's a reason they often come in low, if not last, in ratings.
Reply Cable, Digital Cable - Non-HDTV

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page