Should I get greedy??? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 06-04-2009, 07:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey guys. I just signed up for the Comcast premium package with (Limited Basic Cable TV service and Internet). After the technician came to install the converter (DCH-70) I began receiving all of the movie channels, premium sports channels, and HD channels (sound only). so I'm wondering...did Comcast just make a mistake on my cable card to allow me all of these extra channels or are they unable to block these channels for some reason?

It appears to me that if I had a converter box that decrypts the HD channels that I may be able to get these channels' video as well??? In that case, I could keep the cable package I have now and switch the boxes out at my local comcast center for perhaps a small rental fee and get even more channels. But if this a problem with the cable card in my DCH-70 (non-HD), and I switch out the box and it corrects the mistake, I would be giving up all of these channels that Comcast has so graciously given me.

Any advice? Or know if the risk is worth the reward? Thanks!

-B
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 06-05-2009, 08:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
When the order leaves, boxes and cable cards are generally in a "Tech" status, wide open. Once the order is completed and checked in the next day services revert to what is on the account.
Reply Cable, Digital Cable - Non-HDTV

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page