RF Bypass Module - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 11-27-2009, 04:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi:

I recently "upgraded" to the Time Warner (Austin, TX) Digital Service + Earthlink high-speed internet bundle to avoid the upcoming price increase for old un-bundled services (the bundle also includes the standard analog service). The old Scientific Atlanta converter box (Explorer 3250) supplied for viewing the digital stuff was not equipped with the optional "RF Bypass Module", which I really need to conveniently use the digital service in conjunction with a VCR. Even though Time Warner Austin still advertises this desirable option in their latest sales literature, it is "not available" according to their "customer service" and "tech support" reps. Scientific Atlanta (now owned by Cisco) claims that this optional module (E2051-X01) is not available directly to "consumers" and must be obtained from "your local cable service supplier". "Catch 22" comes to mind.

Anyway, if any of you know where I could find one of these things, I'd appreciate any leads. I'm currently using a manual "A/B Switch" and splitter to accomplish the bypass, but I really would like to use the remote control to do this (after all, that's the intended purpose of the X2051-X01 module).
Reply Cable, Digital Cable - Non-HDTV

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page