Time Warner Cable - Signature Home Service - Page 11 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #301 of 537 Old 03-10-2012, 03:59 PM
AVS Special Member
 
ybsane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 1,183
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenJF3 View Post

Good to hear. I'm hoping to get 8742's to replace my 8642's, but thus far Time Warner seems to be blowing me off. They say they will set it up, but then I hear nothing.

It depends how many they get in, some systems are getting more than others and it may take some time. As soon as I ask one our techs if he has one or two on the truck they are gone already. I have to get my timing in order for first thing in the morning when they swap out their old equipment.

All Comments made are my own and not of my employer.
ybsane is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #302 of 537 Old 03-10-2012, 04:26 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
BenJF3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Central New York (Syracuse DMA)
Posts: 3,769
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 28
I understand that, but I'd be willing to have some drop shipped if need be. This last update really crippled the speed and response on my 8642's.

8/30/2013 - Time Warner Liberation Day!
BenJF3 is offline  
post #303 of 537 Old 03-15-2012, 03:32 PM
Newbie
 
Tek860's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: NYC
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Re network receivers losing the connection. It's usually the receivers firmware and has nothing to do with your internet service. It's widely known in the Home theater crowd the denons and many other have had networking issues.

I LOVE the 50mg downloads, especially if you use a download manager that can request multiple streams of a file from the server. I can hit the full capacity of the line. I think its a bit rediculuous that the only way to get faster uploads then 675K (or whatever it is) is to have this servive, but the 5meg uploads are sweet and my p2p ratios are finally decent.

I had the motorola, ubee, and last tuesday they just brought a new arris router they just rolled out the day before.

HATED the motorola, the wifi reception was awful, got half the speed over wifi then ethernet, and the signal was useless in the next room over (small 1bd nyc apt).

Ubee, better signal not great, got the 50mg speed over wifi, seemed to not like to have all 4 ether net ports filled, wifi would suffer, died in 2 weeks

Arris - ITS HUGE almost the size of the cable box, no complaints at all so far, fast reliable, and good signal, not many options in the admin page tho.

The cable guy mentioned they had a cisco router that was the best on hes ever seen, if you have one dont call about it unless you need to cuz they are pulling them out of the field for some reason.

PS - why is my cable box 5 hours ahead?
Tek860 is offline  
post #304 of 537 Old 03-15-2012, 03:46 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
BenJF3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Central New York (Syracuse DMA)
Posts: 3,769
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Sonofabitch! I've been trying to get that Arris Gateway since I got Sig Home! Can you scope it out and give me the model number? I'm thinking it won't do much good because TWC has been WORTHLESS as far as customer relations go for me. I was suppose to get an itemized bill for my taxes, still waiting. I was suppose to get a call about upgrading to the 8742 and also still waiting still waiting. I honestly thought Sig Home was suppse to provide this superior level of service, but it sucks just as bad as the standard level when you get down to it. The only reason I'm staying in Sig Home is the Wideband at this price point. If they jack the package any significant amount, I'm done. The DVR software is abysmal, the latest update has added even more lag (as if that were possible)! I'm going to look up the local reps name and try to put a call into him about getting updated equipment. I guess, my point is that for $200+ a month that the service should rate as "tolerable".

8/30/2013 - Time Warner Liberation Day!
BenJF3 is offline  
post #305 of 537 Old 03-15-2012, 05:21 PM
AVS Special Member
 
ybsane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 1,183
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenJF3 View Post

Sonofabitch! I've been trying to get that Arris Gateway since I got Sig Home! Can you scope it out and give me the model number? I'm thinking it won't do much good because TWC has been WORTHLESS as far as customer relations go for me. I was suppose to get an itemized bill for my taxes, still waiting. I was suppose to get a call about upgrading to the 8742 and also still waiting still waiting. I honestly thought Sig Home was suppse to provide this superior level of service, but it sucks just as bad as the standard level when you get down to it. The only reason I'm staying in Sig Home is the Wideband at this price point. If they jack the package any significant amount, I'm done. The DVR software is abysmal, the latest update has added even more lag (as if that were possible)! I'm going to look up the local reps name and try to put a call into him about getting updated equipment. I guess, my point is that for $200+ a month that the service should rate as "tolerable".

Really you want the Arris..? I would highly recommend having a Motorola Modem with an Arris for phone use only....! PM me Ben and I will give you more information why.

All Comments made are my own and not of my employer.
ybsane is online now  
post #306 of 537 Old 03-15-2012, 06:14 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
BenJF3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Central New York (Syracuse DMA)
Posts: 3,769
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Will do, but initial reports were showing great performance out of the Arris and it's one less device.

8/30/2013 - Time Warner Liberation Day!
BenJF3 is offline  
post #307 of 537 Old 03-30-2012, 10:52 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
BenJF3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Central New York (Syracuse DMA)
Posts: 3,769
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Well, I got two brand new 8742 DVR's and I have to concur with other reports. The Navigator is MUCH faster. I now have no 3-5 second delays between some button presses. However, there is still noticeable "Guide Lag" where the info box can't keep up with the scrolling of the guide. It still takes a few seconds to catch up and display the proper channel and info. That said, the actual guide navigation (moving around the grid) is faster with no delay between button presses whereas before my 8642 would stack commands and then execute all at once.

The funny story is how I actually got one! I was out at a customers doing a home theater install and he went ahead to go pick up his DVR. I'm working installing wiring and such and he gives me the DVR to install. I look at it and go "NO WAY!" It's an 8742 and he asks if it's the wrong one ( I told him to try and get at least an 8640 prior because they were giving out 8300's last I checked). I then went on to explain the effort and channels I've gone through trying to get myself a set of them. He tells me his local office has stacks of them and they are new in the box. In fact, the local reps were screwing up and issuing them with standard power cables and not the AC/DC adapters. So, he then proceeds to ask me about moving to Digital Phone because it would save him money over his current phone bill. I explained the pros and cons of it and he decides to get it, so we both go down to the office and I get him set up with an install kit, port his number, etc and ask about getting some 8742's for myself. The CSR tells me I can't take them because I'm a whole home customer and it requires a truck roll. The only way to do it is to bring in my current ones and exchange them. I understand why they do this because the average person wouldn't be able to just add the to a line that they have a filter on, but I'm thinking they may be gone by the time I can do the turn around. She did me a solid and set them aside for me which allowed me to go back today and do the swap. The box itself is very compact compared to the 8642 and also much quieter. I'm not hearing the constant spin up/spin down of the hard drive.

I'll continue to report as it goes.

8/30/2013 - Time Warner Liberation Day!
BenJF3 is offline  
post #308 of 537 Old 03-30-2012, 11:00 AM
Advanced Member
 
saeyedoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 950
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Glad to hear you got them Ben!
I've been pleased with them as well, except for one small glitch where it was showing the DVR to be 90% full when it was 10% or so, fixed with a re-boot.
The internet has been rock solid running in bridge mode to an airport extreme, haven't had to reboot the modem or router once unlike my former set-up.
saeyedoc is online now  
post #309 of 537 Old 03-30-2012, 11:05 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
BenJF3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Central New York (Syracuse DMA)
Posts: 3,769
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by saeyedoc View Post

Glad to hear you got them Ben!
I've been pleased with them as well, except for one small glitch where it was showing the DVR to be 90% full when it was 10% or so, fixed with a re-boot.
The internet has been rock solid running in bridge mode to an airport extreme, haven't had to reboot the modem or router once unlike my former set-up.

Agreed with the Internet - my connections have been far more consistent and stable by NOT using the options in the Motorola modem. There has got to be some issue with the firmware causing the DNS loss and connectivity issues with mobile devices. For now, I'll stick with my trust old WRT54G!

8/30/2013 - Time Warner Liberation Day!
BenJF3 is offline  
post #310 of 537 Old 04-07-2012, 08:17 AM
Advanced Member
 
JMGNYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 506
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I had Signature Home installed earlier this week so I thought I'd share my experience.

Installation had a few hiccups but nothing serious. On the TV front I needed some new cables and a new splitter to get my signal up to good levels but once that was worked out things worked well. I got 2 new 8742's. I'm pleased so far with their performance and features given the Navigator software's limitations. I tried adding my e-sata external drive that I had hooked up to my old 8300 but it wasn't seen by the software. I can use the 500GBs elsewhere.

On the internet front, I had a fairly extensive home network setup already so I asked right away that the modem be put in bridge mode. The installer couldn't do it. He had to call the office and have them do it remotely. He explained that so many people were messing up their modems that they've pretty much locked out any local access to it. That's fine, I really don't want to use it as a router or use its wifi. There were some internet drops while the install was going on but it's been rock solid since then with speeds for about 51 down and 5 up according to speedtest.net.

My home phone has been fine. Nothing to report there.

My one question now is about what's recording where since I have 2 DVRs. Some recordings were set to box 1 and some to box 2. You can only see in the future recordings list what was actually set on the specific box you're looking at however once the show is recorded it shows up everywhere. Does a recording actually record to the disk in the box it was setup on or how exactly does it all work? I'm think future when I may start running tight on disk space.
JMGNYC is offline  
post #311 of 537 Old 04-07-2012, 08:33 AM
Advanced Member
 
saeyedoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 950
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 27
I've found the best way to manage the DVR recordings is through the iPhone app. You can see everything that's set to record and can toggle between both to set up new recordings.
The other strange thing I've noticed is if I'm watching a recorded program from another box, finish and delete it, it often still shows up on the recorded list and I have to delete it again.
saeyedoc is online now  
post #312 of 537 Old 04-07-2012, 09:00 AM
AVS Special Member
 
HuskerHarley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Lincoln,Neb
Posts: 1,462
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMGNYC View Post

Does a recording actually record to the disk in the box it was setup on or how exactly does it all work?

Yes,, it records to box you set recording on.

I've had Signature since December 2010, I strongly suggest, your absolutely favorite must see shows, be recorded on your "MAIN BOX" (Main viewing location) it gets very frustrating FFing a program recorded on the satellite box.

HH
HuskerHarley is offline  
post #313 of 537 Old 04-07-2012, 09:18 AM
AVS Special Member
 
HuskerHarley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Lincoln,Neb
Posts: 1,462
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by saeyedoc View Post

The other strange thing I've noticed is if I'm watching a recorded program from another box, finish and delete it, it often still shows up on the recorded list and I have to delete it again.

I get this alot as well,,

I'm getting strange recordings lately, set to record a series that is done, and it records what ever is in it's slot.

TWC has finally admitted, to me, they are having severe tiling issues in Lincoln, Nebraska (I suspect it's nation wide??) they are dragging their feet getting it fixed, because not too many people calling in with complaints and usually when they do complain, the tech that shows up for a service call will blame it on the TV,,SO, if you see tiling, especially with sports, call them to get it fixed.

This has to be because they are compressing the signals to add more channels,,correct me if I'm wrong.

HH
HuskerHarley is offline  
post #314 of 537 Old 04-12-2012, 04:25 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
BenJF3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Central New York (Syracuse DMA)
Posts: 3,769
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Well, I'm back to suffering almost daily re-boots with the Wideband Internet. The DNS problem appears to be back for some reason.

8/30/2013 - Time Warner Liberation Day!
BenJF3 is offline  
post #315 of 537 Old 04-24-2012, 04:29 PM
Advanced Member
 
Jason30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 569
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hopefully Ben or someone else here can help. I'm in the Syracuse area as well, just had the signature packages installed today with a ubee modem set to bridge mode and hooked to my asus router. Everything was working fine until I unplugged the modem to move the ac plug. It was not in the battery backup slot of the APC unit. Didn't think it would be a fatal mistake but now the ubee is offline. Just have power light, blinking ds and eth1 light on. Called the signature "hotline" and she told me she couldn't connect and that someone would have to come out to fix it! Are you kidding me with this thing? If it loses power I have to have someone come out to get it working again??? I'm now on a neighbors open wifi to post this. I've done the unplug wait a minute thing with the sig tech, any other ideas? This is ridiculous. Thanks in advance for the help.
Jason30 is offline  
post #316 of 537 Old 04-26-2012, 12:26 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
BenJF3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Central New York (Syracuse DMA)
Posts: 3,769
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason30 View Post

Hopefully Ben or someone else here can help. I'm in the Syracuse area as well, just had the signature packages installed today with a ubee modem set to bridge mode and hooked to my asus router. Everything was working fine until I unplugged the modem to move the ac plug. It was not in the battery backup slot of the APC unit. Didn't think it would be a fatal mistake but now the ubee is offline. Just have power light, blinking ds and eth1 light on. Called the signature "hotline" and she told me she couldn't connect and that someone would have to come out to fix it! Are you kidding me with this thing? If it loses power I have to have someone come out to get it working again??? I'm now on a neighbors open wifi to post this. I've done the unplug wait a minute thing with the sig tech, any other ideas? This is ridiculous. Thanks in advance for the help.

Sorry for the delay - I was sick the past few days and not checking my Office PC. A power interrupt shouldn't brick the modem.

1st: Try logging into the modem. Type 192.168.0.1 into your browser and check the settings there. You should be able to reboot the modem manually that way. If you can get in, write down the settings for reference.

If that doesn't work, try plugging it back in and pushing the reset button on the back until the lights cycle. NOTE THAT THIS WILL RESET IT TO FACTORY DEFAULT AND LOSE YOUR BRIDGE SETTINGS. You will have to reconfigure everything from scratch. However, if the modem is bad, it isn't going to matter.

Please report back and let me know how you make out.

8/30/2013 - Time Warner Liberation Day!
BenJF3 is offline  
post #317 of 537 Old 04-26-2012, 01:06 PM
Advanced Member
 
Jason30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 569
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks Ben. Well it turns out the modem went bad, no one knows why powering off/on did this though. The tech did all the things you did with the reset and nothing worked so he replaced it. It may be important to note the first one was not new, it had some scuff marks on it. Since this service has only been in the area for about a year they tell me it's a little strange they'd have used ones, although someone could have moved or just canceled the service. My guess is it was a refurbished modem that wasn't fixed correctly. The replacement Ubee was new in the box just as the two 8742 Cisco DVR boxes were.

So far everything seems to be working as advertised, although on tests like speedtest.net I get very different results depending on server chosen. I would always get some variance on standard RR but for example I can range all the way from 45 Mbps downstream (never get the full 50 Mbps as advertised) all the way down to 15 Mbps. Upstream seems consistent in the high 4's. With actual use downloading something I seem to get up to 5.8-5.9 MB/s which is equal to the high 40 Mbps's range. What kind of results are you seeing from Syracuse?
Jason30 is offline  
post #318 of 537 Old 04-26-2012, 03:29 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Steve Mehs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 3,478
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Are you testing on a wired or wireless connection? I'm in the Rochester service footprint and have just about always tested at or above 51Mb downstream on the Syracuse server on my hardwired connections. Up until a month or so ago I was using an older Linksys WRT600N router. It was one of the very first draft N routers that hit the market and was upwards of 4 years old. I would occasionally see 45Mb+ on when connected wirelessly, but it would vary greatly. One day I'd be at 19, the next 42, the next, the next 35. Last month, I replaced that router with the new Linksys flagship router, the E4200 v2, and now I constantly see speeds like this when I'm wireless (Although the ping is a little high for me, usually I'm at 5ms):



I too have the UBee DOCSIS 3 modem and have it in bridge mode. I'm currently awaiting a D3 Phone modem combo unit but I have never nor will I ever use their cable modem as a router. I was one of the very first Signature Home customers outside of the initial test in Charlotte and I wasn't too happy when I found out my line had to be split four times since the internet and phone needed their own separate modems as TW didn't offer and combo units. The installer insisted that I used the built in router of the cable modem. As he was pulling out of the driveway after the install, I started to hook my own router back up.

Time Warner Cable – Signature Home Premium View w/Epix, Sports Pass, HD Pass, Spanish Tier, Cisco Explorer 8642HDC, Cisco Explorer 8742HDC Both Running ODN 7.2.0_11
DirecTV – Premier, HD Extra Pack, NFL ST Max, NHL CI, MLB EI, Whole House DVR, HR34-700 Running 0807, HR24-200 Running 0802

Steve Mehs is offline  
post #319 of 537 Old 04-26-2012, 03:50 PM
Advanced Member
 
Jason30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 569
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Testing on wired connection with an ASUS RT-N56U dual band gigabit router.

Here is my results just now for the Syracuse server on speedtest.net


Now look at the difference just going to Rochester


Or Kingston, Ontario



Now for an odd one: http://speedtest.texas.rr.com/ This one claims to be in Austin Texas and I get my best results, 51.00 Mbps down, 4.53 Mbps up.
Jason30 is offline  
post #320 of 537 Old 04-26-2012, 04:22 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Steve Mehs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 3,478
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 16
The Rochester server on speedtest.net just plain sucks. It gives me similar results as yours. Well a faster downloand, but a much worse ping. Others have noticed the same thing as well. Don't even bother with that test server.

Even though the Syracuse server on Speedtest.net is hosted by TW, try doing the test directly from TW themselves.

http://speedtest.nyroc.rr.com

Time Warner Cable – Signature Home Premium View w/Epix, Sports Pass, HD Pass, Spanish Tier, Cisco Explorer 8642HDC, Cisco Explorer 8742HDC Both Running ODN 7.2.0_11
DirecTV – Premier, HD Extra Pack, NFL ST Max, NHL CI, MLB EI, Whole House DVR, HR34-700 Running 0807, HR24-200 Running 0802

Steve Mehs is offline  
post #321 of 537 Old 04-26-2012, 04:31 PM
AVS Special Member
 
rdgcss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Salisbury,NC
Posts: 1,028
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Correct me if I am wrong. All TWC DVRs use the same IR codes, I.e. power on from any remote will turn on any DVR.
rdgcss is offline  
post #322 of 537 Old 04-26-2012, 04:40 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Steve Mehs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 3,478
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdgcss View Post

Correct me if I am wrong. All TWC DVRs use the same IR codes, I.e. power on from any remote will turn on any DVR.

That is correct. I've used the same remote on a 8300, 8300HD, 8300HDC, 8240HDC, 8640HDC, 8642HDC and Samsung 3272.

Time Warner Cable – Signature Home Premium View w/Epix, Sports Pass, HD Pass, Spanish Tier, Cisco Explorer 8642HDC, Cisco Explorer 8742HDC Both Running ODN 7.2.0_11
DirecTV – Premier, HD Extra Pack, NFL ST Max, NHL CI, MLB EI, Whole House DVR, HR34-700 Running 0807, HR24-200 Running 0802

Steve Mehs is offline  
post #323 of 537 Old 04-26-2012, 04:51 PM
Advanced Member
 
Jason30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 569
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Mehs View Post

The Rochester server on speedtest.net just plain sucks. It gives me similar results as yours. Well a faster downloand, but a much worse ping. Others have noticed the same thing as well. Don't even bother with that test server.

Even though the Syracuse server on Speedtest.net is hosted by TW, try doing the test directly from TW themselves.

http://speedtest.nyroc.rr.com

are you getting similar lower results with kingston, ontario on speedtest.net as well?

interestingly, im getting my best speed at your link with the rochester server this time (different than speedtest.net uses i believe)

roch: 15ms, 44.08, 4.16
syr: 18ms, 41.45, 4.13
buff: 32ms, 32.72, 4.18
new eng: 56ms, 29.13, 4.08

what are your speeds like at these servers?
Jason30 is offline  
post #324 of 537 Old 04-26-2012, 05:37 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Steve Mehs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 3,478
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Code:
CITY     DL       UL       PING
BUF     51.06   5.15    20ms
ROC     51.01   5.18    8ms
SYR     51.03   5.18    10ms
ALB     50.67   5.07    17ms
STNY    51.07   5.11    15ms
NE      51.05   5.01    24ms









Time Warner Cable – Signature Home Premium View w/Epix, Sports Pass, HD Pass, Spanish Tier, Cisco Explorer 8642HDC, Cisco Explorer 8742HDC Both Running ODN 7.2.0_11
DirecTV – Premier, HD Extra Pack, NFL ST Max, NHL CI, MLB EI, Whole House DVR, HR34-700 Running 0807, HR24-200 Running 0802

Steve Mehs is offline  
post #325 of 537 Old 04-26-2012, 06:04 PM
Advanced Member
 
Jason30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 569
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
thanks Steve. you're dead at 51 on tw servers. dont know whats causing my large variances or why i don't see over 44 anywhere. i suppose i could try removing the splitter to the telephone modem to see if a direct connection to the ubee would make a difference.
Jason30 is offline  
post #326 of 537 Old 04-26-2012, 06:14 PM
AVS Special Member
 
ybsane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 1,183
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason30 View Post

thanks Steve. you're dead at 51 on tw servers. dont know whats causing my large variances or why i don't see over 44 anywhere. i suppose i could try removing the splitter to the telephone modem to see if a direct connection to the ubee would make a difference.

That will not make a difference in your speed or channel bonding which is capable of hitting 150Mbps in theory. More likely a Utillization issue with the CMTS at the Hub you are being fed out of.

All Comments made are my own and not of my employer.
ybsane is online now  
post #327 of 537 Old 05-03-2012, 08:27 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
BenJF3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Central New York (Syracuse DMA)
Posts: 3,769
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Yeah!, time for my weekly reboot to fix the loss of the DNS server again. I really wish they would fix this SOON! I love the speed, but I still have to reboot my main router weekly with the wideband modem.

8/30/2013 - Time Warner Liberation Day!
BenJF3 is offline  
post #328 of 537 Old 05-05-2012, 09:46 PM
Senior Member
 
lsturbointeg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Fremont, Ohio
Posts: 296
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
as a cable installer for a different system we are using the Arris Gateway system using media players. we just now released this to customers last month as current employees were tested first to find out if there were any bugs to fix. i did start reading page 1 but seemed like everything was using the 1st version of the system. so far in the system i work in (not TWC) everything works great as long as signal levels are within specs, MOCA filters installed correctly and if an Amp is used that it's the correct one. i was surprised to read in the earlier pages that an external modem/wifi were used. now everything is integrated into one unit. hopefully i could chime in here with info should you guys need it. i'll double check the model #'s on the media players but i'm pretty sure they're by Arris as well. also, i didn't see but how many recordings can you guys set? in my system it's 6 but you don't have to watch any of them.
lsturbointeg is offline  
post #329 of 537 Old 05-05-2012, 10:12 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
BenJF3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Central New York (Syracuse DMA)
Posts: 3,769
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post

as a cable installer for a different system we are using the Arris Gateway system using media players. we just now released this to customers last month as current employees were tested first to find out if there were any bugs to fix. i did start reading page 1 but seemed like everything was using the 1st version of the system. so far in the system i work in (not TWC) everything works great as long as signal levels are within specs, MOCA filters installed correctly and if an Amp is used that it's the correct one. i was surprised to read in the earlier pages that an external modem/wifi were used. now everything is integrated into one unit. hopefully i could chime in here with info should you guys need it. i'll double check the model #'s on the media players but i'm pretty sure they're by Arris as well. also, i didn't see but how many recordings can you guys set? in my system it's 6 but you don't have to watch any of them.

You are probably using something along the lines of this:

http://www.arrisi.com/product_catalo...PF_14NOV11.pdf

Something I really want TWC to get and implement. The 6 tuner Gateway with the add on players:

http://www.arrisi.com/product_catalo...PF_14NOV11.pdf

This would allow for a far better integrated system with one central device. However, it appears TWC is moving in another direction and sticking with Navigator (albeit a different direction with Navigator).

8/30/2013 - Time Warner Liberation Day!
BenJF3 is offline  
post #330 of 537 Old 05-05-2012, 10:42 PM
Senior Member
 
lsturbointeg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Fremont, Ohio
Posts: 296
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenJF3 View Post

You are probably using something along the lines of this:

http://www.arrisi.com/product_catalo...PF_14NOV11.pdf

Something I really want TWC to get and implement. The 6 tuner Gateway with the add on players:

http://www.arrisi.com/product_catalo...PF_14NOV11.pdf

This would allow for a far better integrated system with one central device. However, it appears TWC is moving in another direction and sticking with Navigator (albeit a different direction with Navigator).

this is the exact system we are using. from the service side they were able to test various Home DVR systems and so far the Arris was the choice the cable company i work decided to go.
lsturbointeg is offline  
Reply Cable, Digital Cable - Non-HDTV

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off