post #451 of 537 Old 01-06-2013, 02:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Mehs View Post

Yes, I am an extremely proud Time Warner fan boy as they are the best solution around.
You said, “Navigator Whole Home lacks ALOT compared to DirecTV. You can't schedule across clients, you can't see a central list of scheduled recordings…”
I said, “And how exactly do you do that with DirecTV? I can’t do that with an HR34 and an HR24 whole house set up, DirecTVs two best DVRs on the market running either the National Release software or the beta software.”
That has nothing to do with lack of knowledge, which I have plenty of by the way or you switching or not switching to satellite. You brought up a supposed feature of DirecTV, and I would like to know how you initiate those said features. Because I can’t figure it out, and according to you it is a feature that is available on DirecTV, but not on Time Warner’s Navigator.
No, I get that. But your constant unwarranted bashing of Navigator is getting old. And is anything but fair.
As someone who has had Dish Network for over 5 years, DirecTV for 2 years after that, Time Warner for 6 years and both TW and DirecTV again for the past year, using flagship products from each service, I think my opinions about this stuff are more valid than most. It’s not trolling, its called the truth.

I worked for TWC for many years,before that Comcast and than Adelphia in the 80's. Navigator has the worst interface I have ever seen hands down. If had my way with my current status in FTTH I would have Windows Media= it is the best thing out there bar none. TWC losses more video customers monthly in a ratio of what they gain monthly for internet in the Commercial/Residential Market. If you are happy Steve that is great, but do not compare Navigator software as being up to par with Direct TV or others because it is not. I have been in e-mail chains were the main focal point was to get Navigator as close to Direct's software with our raising the lawsuit flag. I would not expect any great strides in the near future either, unless a complete start over is done with Navigator on a 100% cloud based system.

All Comments made are my own and not of my employer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #452 of 537 Old 01-06-2013, 02:52 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Opinion is not fact. The Genie with C-31 does exactly what you claim DirecTV doesn't. I've updated my post to reflect that. It shares full function across the network. TWC's current hardware cannot do that.

If asking for desired features is unwarranted bashing, then so be it. Ask the many people I help via this forum and outside if I'm unreasonable. The goal has always been to advance Navigator.

Also, I recant troll. Fanboy is more appropriate. I don't like to take a thread into personal attacks or insults. We simply disagree on issues concerning this. I don't hold animosity toward you for that. I just want the facts out. I was merely pointing out that its not really a fair debate when one side can do no wrong. Saying I'm unfair when I make a balanced approach citing good and bad while making statements as you do only shows who is truly biased. You admit your open bias up front, so I respect that. At least, people have a point of reference on where you're coming from.

8/30/2013 - Time Warner Liberation Day!
post #453 of 537 Old 01-06-2013, 03:07 PM
AVS Special Member

You can't schedule across clients, you can't see a central list of scheduled recordings

And how exactly do you do that with DirecTV? I can’t do that with an HR34 and an HR24 whole house set up, DirecTVs two best DVRs on the market running either the National Release software or the beta software.

I can on my HR34, I had it installed since Oct 2012 and everything works as expected.

post #454 of 537 Old 01-06-2013, 03:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
I worked for TWC for many years,before that Comcast and than Adelphia in the 80's. Navigator has the worst interface I have ever seen hands down. If had my way with my current status in FTTH I would have Windows Media= it is the best thing out there bar none. TWC losses more video customers monthly in a ratio of what they gain monthly for internet in the Commercial/Residential Market. If you are happy Steve that is great, but do not compare Navigator software as being up to par with Direct TV or others because it is not. I have been in e-mail chains were the main focal point was to get Navigator as close to Direct's software with our raising the lawsuit flag. I would not expect any great strides in the near future either, unless a complete start over is done with Navigator on a 100% cloud based system.

Give me some examples of why the DirecTV UI is better than Navigator. I have both at my disposal and would like to see what others are seeing. Here’s a few I will write off, right off the bat.

1) 16:9 GUI. Like I said it looks nice, but shows not much more information than Navigator. DirecTV doesn’t take advantage of the screen real estate they have to work with and the EPG is cluttered with the ads and art work, which add nothing to the overall experience.

2) Folders. Useful for those that use their DVRs to archive content, but typically I watch then delete.

3) Customizable Guide. I like to have every channel I subscribe to in the guide and visable. With DirecTV, they have way too many junk infomercial and barker channels littered throughout the line up to make channel surfing a fluid experience. Time Warner really doesn’t do that, at least not here, so it’s not a big deal to me.
Quote:
I can on my HR34, I had it installed since Oct 2012 and everything works as expected.

How do you do that? Give me the step by step instructions.

Time Warner Cable – Signature Home Premium View w/Epix, Sports Pass, HD Pass, Spanish Tier, Cisco Explorer 8642HDC, Cisco Explorer 8742HDC Both Running ODN 7.2.0_11
DirecTV – Premier, HD Extra Pack, NFL ST Max, NHL CI, MLB EI, Whole House DVR, HR34-700 Running 0807, HR24-200 Running 0802

post #455 of 537 Old 01-06-2013, 03:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Here's the important thing: state what you think is a fact or what is your opinion, invite comments, continue the discussion for a FEW days, let it go. Don't repeat the same ole same ole day after day, month after month. It quickly gets old and irratating.
post #456 of 537 Old 01-06-2013, 03:56 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Ybsane, at some point you have to write it off. His lack of knowledge about DirecTV Whole Home is evident as I stated earlier about the Genie with C-31 client. He obviously doesn't understand it or just plain refuses to acknowledge it. I'll try to make it clear.

A Genie is the central whole home unit. The C-31 client give the user a seamless DVR experience the same as if they were at the Genie. The user sees all recorded content as well as all scheduled content. They don't have to go room to room to set up and manage units to prevent duplicates or conflicts. The entire system can be managed from ANY connected device.

post #457 of 537 Old 01-06-2013, 04:14 PM
AVS Special Member

I have acknowledged many times that the C31 exists and I know what it is. What features it has or doesn’t have doesn’t matter as it’s not a real whole house DVR solution to me. I’ve forgotten more about DirecTV then you will ever know and I know how this stuff works. So to ask the question for the fourth time now, forgetting that the C31 even exists since for most of my time back with DirecTV it hasn’t, how can I schedule across clients and see a central list of scheduled recordings while using the HR34 and HR24 DVRs in a whole house network? Apparently I’m stupid and no idea what the hell I’m talking about so give me step by step instructions on how to do this.

Again, I think the Hopper/Joey on Dish and the HR34 + C31 Combo are absolutely beyond retarded. If it works for someone, fine. But I think it’s an asinine solution.

Time Warner Cable – Signature Home Premium View w/Epix, Sports Pass, HD Pass, Spanish Tier, Cisco Explorer 8642HDC, Cisco Explorer 8742HDC Both Running ODN 7.2.0_11
DirecTV – Premier, HD Extra Pack, NFL ST Max, NHL CI, MLB EI, Whole House DVR, HR34-700 Running 0807, HR24-200 Running 0802

post #458 of 537 Old 01-06-2013, 05:08 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Mehs View Post

I have acknowledged many times that the C31 exists and I know what it is. What features it has or doesn’t have doesn’t matter as it’s not a real whole house DVR solution to me. I’ve forgotten more about DirecTV then you will ever know and I know how this stuff works. So to ask the question for the fourth time now, forgetting that the C31 even exists since for most of my time back with DirecTV it hasn’t, how can I schedule across clients and see a central list of scheduled recordings while using the HR34 and HR24 DVRs in a whole house network? Apparently I’m stupid and no idea what the hell I’m talking about so give me step by step instructions on how to do this.
Again, I think the Hopper/Joey on Dish and the HR34 + C31 Combo are absolutely beyond retarded. If it works for someone, fine. But I think it’s an asinine solution.

We did. The C-31/Genie is DirecTV's solution. TWC doesn't have a comparable system. No one is calling you stupid. I just tried explaining it to you in my previous post, but you absolutely refuse to acknowledge it other than to trash it. If it doesn't work for you, that's fine. You at least have to acknowledge that both sat providers and some other cable providers at least offer a fully integrated Whole Home system. The majority want a system like this while some do not. Integration is the primary reason I'm doing a WMC based solution.

post #459 of 537 Old 01-06-2013, 06:30 PM
AVS Special Member

how can I schedule across clients and see a central list of scheduled recordings while using the HR34 and HR24 DVRs in a whole house network?

Steve, I have the HR34 with 3 HD700 receivers. All I have to do is pull up list on any of the receivers and anything that was recorded by anywhere in my home shows up. What is so hard about that to believe. List also has order by date(newest first) delete,options,keep. and status of the hard drive. I would check some DBS forums to find out why we can all make this work and you can't..?

Guide: -12 hours + 12 hours guide options,sort by category,jump to date and time. change favorite list, PPV.

Info: Watch Now, Record,view upcoming, cast and crew, parental info

Favorites: channels I get, custom 1 & 2

Plus much more, like it doesn't freeze up and make me hard boot it like Navigator. Also since I was an employee I had my choice of set tops to try out e.g S/A, Cisco, Samsung, and Motorola. Nothing worked well with any of the units and this was reported by myself and others as well.

post #460 of 537 Old 01-06-2013, 07:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ybsane View Post

how can I schedule across clients and see a central list of scheduled recordings while using the HR34 and HR24 DVRs in a whole house network?
Steve, I have the HR34 with 3 HD700 receivers. All I have to do is pull up list on any of the receivers and anything that was recorded by anywhere in my home shows up. What is so hard about that to believe. List also has order by date(newest first) delete,options,keep. and status of the hard drive. I would check some DBS forums to find out why we can all make this work and you can't..?
Guide: -12 hours + 12 hours guide options,sort by category,jump to date and time. change favorite list, PPV.
Info: Watch Now, Record,view upcoming, cast and crew, parental info
Favorites: channels I get, custom 1 & 2
Plus much more, like it doesn't freeze up and make me hard boot it like Navigator. Also since I was an employee I had my choice of set tops to try out e.g S/A, Cisco, Samsung, and Motorola. Nothing worked well with any of the units and this was reported by myself and others as well.

1) What’s an HD700 receiver? That’s an incorrect model number. It could be H2X-700, but there is no HD700.

2) So all you ‘have to do is pull up list on any of the receivers and anything that was recorded by anywhere in the home shows up’. So it shows you all of the recorded events from your HR34 DVR on all the other boxes? Well that’s great, so does mine, that’s how it’s supposed to work. Congratulations. But that’s not what I’m getting at, at all. And you obviously have no idea what I’m talking about.

How can I set a recording from my HR24 and have it execute on my HR34? How can I see a list of all the events scheduled to occur across all the DVRs on my network? That’s what I’ve been asking. Its really not rocket science to press the List button and see all the events that have been recorded across all of the boxes on your network.

post #461 of 537 Old 01-07-2013, 03:25 AM
AVS Special Member

"How can I set a recording from my HR24 and have it execute on my HR34? How can I see a list of all the events scheduled to occur across all the DVRs on my network? That’s what I’ve been asking. Its really not rocket science to press the List button and see all the events that have been recorded across all of the boxes on your network"

When you select a channel on any other the device's (H25-700) Must have a HD receiver for WHDVR this comes up: Info: Watch Now, Record,view upcoming, cast and crew, parental info= and I can record.

Seriously Steve, do you even have a Direct TV system in your home.? It seems all you are doing is nit picking and starting arguments with no merit. Go back and look at how you are asking questions and see that Ben and I are responding in kind and than you are changing in your next question something else similar but different.

post #462 of 537 Old 01-07-2013, 02:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
When you select a channel on any other the device's (H25-700) Must have a HD receiver for WHDVR this comes up: Info: Watch Now, Record,view upcoming, cast and crew, parental info= and I can record.

So on the H25, when you press Record on the remote, what you’re watching will be recorded to the hard drive on the HR34? Is that correct? Because that is what I am getting out of that quote. I haven’t used a non DVR on cable or satellite since 2000, so I have no idea. On The HR24, when both tuners are recording, and you attempt to record a third channel, you get a prompt asking you which recording you want to cancel. It will not bump a scheduled event off to the HR34. Which was my whole point, in all of this and I gather is something been would like to see, but it can’t be done on neither TWC or DirecTV with an all DVR set up.
Quote:
It seems all you are doing is nit picking and starting arguments with no merit.

My response was to Ben. So if I am nitpicking about things, I guess so is Ben.
Quote:
Go back and look at how you are asking questions and see that Ben and I are responding in kind and than you are changing in your next question something else similar but different.

Actually you guys aren’t comprehending what I am asking.

Quote:
Seriously Steve, do you even have a Direct TV system in your home.?
Yes, I am sure I have DirecTV. If you need more proof I can always log into my online account and take a screen cap of the bill.

post #463 of 537 Old 01-07-2013, 03:10 PM
AVS Special Member

"So on the H25, when you press Record on the remote, what you’re watching will be recorded to the hard drive on the HR34? Is that correct? Because that is what I am getting out of that quote" That is correct, one quick thing to take note of is that there is a code for WHDVR that has to be on your account for this to work correctly. A friend of mine got installed two week's after me and could not record either from his H25 units and the CSA found that this code was missing and added it to his account.

post #464 of 537 Old 01-07-2013, 03:22 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

He is never going to acknowledge that other providers have integrated Whole Home systems and Time Warner does not. To him, making valid comparisons is nitpicking. I've stated at least two times already, if he's happy with it then that's all that matters. A majority are not and want to offer suggestions and improvements or at the very least options. It doesn't work for me and the problems have been insurmountable, so I'm going a different route. That's all there is to it. I'll acknowledge that problems are also very division based with ours being notoriously bad.

And yes, Steve the H25 will set the recording on the HR-34. I've researched this extensively while contemplating a switch to Dish or DirecTV. The advantage of going that route is it avoids the 5 tuner limit of the HR-34 with C-31 client. The advantage of the C-31 client is you get a seamless UI across the network. It's as if each set has an HR-34 and they all see the same thing. The C-31's even see OTA from the HR-34. It's a similar solution to the Arris Whole Home 6 tuner Gateway that some cable ops are using.

post #465 of 537 Old 01-07-2013, 06:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Okay, so you can use the tuner on a non DVR to record to a hard drive on a DVR in your whole house DVR, that is cool. I learned something. Not particularly useful to me, but whatever. But the fact still remains that if you use multiple DVRs, you cannot schedule across multiple boxes and you cannot view a list of all of the scheduled recordings that will occur across the network. Those are facts. You can have a regular HD box, you can have a C31 dumb terminal and you can do that, but when you have multiple DVRs in the mix, like I do, you cannot. Those are two features that I would like to see implemented on both Navigator and DirecTV. I really don’t understand how one can say you can do that with DirecTV, when you’re looking at two different type of set ups, but hey whatever.

Would I actually use those features though? The scheduling, probably not anymore. I mean I have 4 DVRs, with a combined 11 tuners and 2.5TB worth of drive space, so it’s a moot point now. Being able to see what is scheduled on other DVRs would be nice though.

As for the 16:9 GUI. Go in the Navigator thread, and find the post I made a few months ago where I took pictures of my TV, one with the DirecTV guide up and one with the TW guide up, each showing the HBO channels. Yes, the DirecTV GUI is ‘prettier’, but it really is no more useful than the TW UI.

post #466 of 537 Old 01-07-2013, 06:12 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

The closest thing to tuner sharing was being discussed as a possible upgrade later for the Hopper where two Hoppers would integrate to form one singular DVR server for all connected Joey's. Similar to the HR-34 and C-31 set up. Just a clarification - I don't believe the H25 uses it's tuner. I believe the H25 tells the DVR to schedule and record the show. However, you won't get a duplicate of that if someone else tries to set the same recording. It's a solution whereas you don't lose an active tuner because the H25 has it's own where the C-31 does not. As far as I know, you cannot schedule shows from client set tops to a connected DVR with Time Warner. The whole process of Whole Home is evolving and the debate is going at DBS Talk as well. Some people prefer a system like you with separate DVRS and some people prefer a Cnetral DVR Server like me. I just say, offer them both. I'd likely not be going the route I'm going if TWC offered Sig Home subs the option of an Arris Gateway (even at a fee). My issue is it's Navigator or bust and they are selling the Sig Home package with tag lines like it includes "Advanced DVR" which is bunk. Everyone gets the same DVR. Yea, right now Sig Home gets a better search, but everyone is getting that soon too. I'm merely saying they should offer a high end solution for those that want it. My issue with making significant chnages isn't a financial one, but a functionality one.

post #467 of 537 Old 01-07-2013, 07:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 17
How to use the tunner on a remote DVR.

I mainly watch tv in the den. DVR is busy recording 2 shows. There is a 3 rd show I want to watch live. Pick up the IPad. Schedule the "live" show to record on the bedroom DVR. Wait 1-2 minutes. Press list on the den remote. Press play on the "live" show. Not truely live, but a minute isn't much diifferent.

Rather than bitch about some missing feature, I find a work-around
post #468 of 537 Old 01-08-2013, 04:17 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdgcss View Post

I mainly watch tv in the den. DVR is busy recording 2 shows. There is a 3 rd show I want to watch live. Pick up the IPad. Schedule the "live" show to record on the bedroom DVR. Wait 1-2 minutes. Press list on the den remote. Press play on the "live" show. Not truely live, but a minute isn't much diifferent.

Nice tip. I think it still doesn't hurt to have discussion of feature/suggestions so that a workaround isn't needed.

post #469 of 537 Old 01-08-2013, 08:26 AM

Liked: 11
I've tried looking, but can't find an answer to my particular question. Currently, Time Warner Austin is only giving out the cruddy SA-8240 DVRs on exchanges and additional box service. If I sign up for Signature Home and get new boxes, what happens if I cancel? Will they come get the new boxes and reissue me more crappy 8240s? Or will they just cancel the additional service tiers and let me keep the new boxes? Thanks, fellas.

Life is hard. It's harder if you're stupid.
post #470 of 537 Old 01-08-2013, 08:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdgcss View Post

I agree, but consider the person and his views...

http://dslrpedia.com/wiki/Steve_Mehs

post #471 of 537 Old 01-08-2013, 02:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Hey cool, I'm famous LOL

post #472 of 537 Old 01-09-2013, 09:31 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Getting that great Signature Home Service again today! rolleyes.gif

On hold for a half hour at this point to simply activate my CableCard. So, even the customer service that was suppose to be a driving issue for this package has faltered drastically. When I had massive issues after installation they were far more responsive in **trying** to help even though they never actually fixed the issues. You'd think they'd have a website for activations or the ability to do it from My Services.

ADD ON: Ended up being almost a TWO hour phone call and I still have no Encrypted Channels. Now have to wait until Friday for another "tech" to come out.

post #473 of 537 Old 01-10-2013, 05:54 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Still no active CableCard and more proof Time Warner is completely mismanaged. The CableCard department determined it's not provisioned from the headend. This should be as simple as calling the local division and having it done, but not when you're Time Warner. You have to wait for a tech to come out so he can make that same phone call from your house. It's astonishing! I've already started preparing the brief for the FCC because it is a violation to require truck rolls for a CableCard installation. Not only that, but it's just plain stupid. You call Time Warner with a simple request and have to talk to 3-5 different people all over the country who can't do anything. The one guy you need to talk to is local and nobody apparently knows how to reach him.

post #474 of 537 Old 01-10-2013, 06:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenJF3 View Post

Still no active CableCard and more proof Time Warner is completely mismanaged. The CableCard department determined it's not provisioned from the headend. This should be as simple as calling the local division and having it done, but not when you're Time Warner. You have to wait for a tech to come out so he can make that same phone call from your house. It's astonishing! I've already started preparing the brief for the FCC because it is a violation to require truck rolls for a CableCard installation. Not only that, but it's just plain stupid. You call Time Warner with a simple request and have to talk to 3-5 different people all over the country who can't do anything. The one guy you need to talk to is local and nobody apparently knows how to reach him.

Yeah, the cable card people are helpful, but SERIOUSLY understaffed. I asked and there are 3-5 people servicing the ENTIRE COUNTRY. I have waited for a hour MANY times just to switch the host id (I had to go through a couple of returns with Ceton). I also was given a non-provisioned card at my local office(after waiting 45 minutes in line, and driving 10 miles) and had to repeat the whole thing all over (I did not have to wait for a truck at least).

By contrast, other cable companies have simple online tools to activate the cable card.

xnappo
post #475 of 537 Old 01-10-2013, 06:56 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xnappo View Post

Yeah, the cable card people are helpful, but SERIOUSLY understaffed. I asked and there are 3-5 people servicing the ENTIRE COUNTRY. I have waited for a hour MANY times just to switch the host id (I had to go through a couple of returns with Ceton). I also was given a non-provisioned card at my local office(after waiting 45 minutes in line, and driving 10 miles) and had to repeat the whole thing all over (I did not have to wait for a truck at least).

By contrast, other cable companies have simple online tools to activate the cable card.

xnappo

At least the person at the CableCard Support Line had a clue on what to check and isolate it. Why she couldn't call into my division to address the issue doesn't make sense, but she admitted that much. I ended up installing the Ceton Echo albeit temporarily just to try it out. Only have access to OTA and a few ClearQAM's but it worked well. Has far less Guide lag than Navigator and it's streaming the content from my PC! Hopefully, they can get this activated tomorrow so I can go through detailed setup.I'd like to run some more intensive testing on it.

post #476 of 537 Old 03-29-2013, 08:16 AM

Liked: 10
has anyone had experience with the new whole house DVR connected to slingbox? some time ago when timewarner upgraded their boxes i had issues with my slingbox so i have one older box and one new. one of my fears of switching them out is that i'll lose my slingbox capabilities...
post #477 of 537 Old 03-29-2013, 10:34 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonogal View Post

has anyone had experience with the new whole house DVR connected to slingbox? some time ago when timewarner upgraded their boxes i had issues with my slingbox so i have one older box and one new. one of my fears of switching them out is that i'll lose my slingbox capabilities...

No experience with TWC and Sling which is probably more experience than a TWC tech or rep because at least I know what it is. Your best option for Sling with support is probably Dish. I mean, seriously, TWC techs here don't even know what a Ceton tuner or Silicon Dust box are! One thought my power inserted was a splitter and couldn't comprehend why there was no signal when he disconnected it. Yes, it's that bad here. They can't even support CableCard, so good luck with a Slingbox.

My best advice for Sling with TWC would be to use an analog source from the box. TWC's newer boxes are notorious for HDMI handshake issues which result in blue or blank screens. Let us know how you make out. While I'll be dropping Sig Home shortly and ditching cable and phone via Tome Warner, I will still follow this thread.

post #478 of 537 Old 04-22-2013, 02:14 PM

Liked: 38
What is the bes HD-DVR stb for TWC/N Tx-DFW area?

I have the older silver Motorola DCH-6416....was one of the first to try the DCX3400 when it came out way back then, but Hdmi handshake issues killed it for me after trying five different brand new boxes in one day, so went back to reliable 6416.

Have had cable since 1985, here in Arlington....and TWC became the provider in the Comcast/TWC swap
out

Main issue of late is sdv Hd channels with famous
This channel will be available shortly message.
Not sure what maintenance TWC does at night but it gets old rebooting the box.....although we did have some major issue on Saturday, with almost all Hd and PPV channels going out....phone calls to TWC and they had recorded message noting the service issue and it was fixed by 9 pm....but on Sunday, Hd channels were freezing up so had to settle for viewing sd channels.
I send emails to TWC Direct forum for help when local csr's are not helpful.
post #479 of 537 Old 04-23-2013, 07:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSUL View Post

Main issue of late is sdv Hd channels with famous
This channel will be available shortly message..

In my experience this is an issue with your upstream signal back to the SDV server, not with the box itself.

I do not know how to get into diags with the Moto boxes - but Google can help there. You want to make sure your upstream signal is not pegged out at 55db - it should but 35-45 db. You may need a bidirectional amp.

xnappo
post #480 of 537 Old 04-23-2013, 10:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSUL View Post

What is the bes HD-DVR stb for TWC/N Tx-DFW area?

I'm down the street in San Antonio.

I'm using Cisco 8742hdc ... everything records and don't get that message any more since getting rid of the 8300hd a year or so ago.

I've asked before, but how do you know what channels are SDV and which are constant/fixed?

Yes, check your levels. If they are good at POE, check your on-premise cabling, splitters, and install a powered booster.

Reply Cable, Digital Cable - Non-HDTV

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page