Best Cable Booster/Amplifier in the market?? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 07-30-2011, 05:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi, I currently have a 1 port Electroline Amplifier/Booster and has worked great for years, I now have to change it to a 2 port and was wondering if there is a better brand in the market or if I should stick with the Electroline brand.

Yes I could just stick with Electroline if it's been working but I like to get the best equipment available so If there is something better then Electroline then I would like to explore that option.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
(I hope this is the correct section for this topic)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 07-31-2011, 06:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Electroline is fine.
They make single, dual, 4x and 8x amps, so you could stay with them.
Be aware that most distribution amps are just a 15 dB amplifier, with/without internal splitters....you can just add a two-way splitter to the one you have.

(Each time the amp output is split, you are dividing the signal power, so you have "15 dB - 3.5 dB" each time...a two-way will make the overall gain about 11.5 to 12 dB. A 4-way is about 7.5 dB gain, an 8-way is about 4 dB total gain...)

Ken English, Sr. Engineer, KSL-TV.
"The postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent the Company positions, strategies or opinions."
post #3 of 6 Old 08-01-2011, 11:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Like Ken wrote; Keep the amp you have and just add a 2-way (or whatever size you need) splitter to the output. Electroline is an excellent amp.

CIAO!

Ed N.
post #4 of 6 Old 08-05-2011, 03:44 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by egnlsn View Post

Like Ken wrote; Keep the amp you have and just add a 2-way (or whatever size you need) splitter to the output. Electroline is an excellent amp.

That's the problem, I already had a splitter and for some reason after using it this way for a while now I can't get enough signal to the Modem, Only when removing the splitter I get the Modem to work. I replaced the splitter with a Monster splitter and still doesn't work. I figured getting a 2 port electroline could help me.
post #5 of 6 Old 08-05-2011, 06:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knights View Post

That's the problem, I already had a splitter and for some reason after using it this way for a while now I can't get enough signal to the Modem, Only when removing the splitter I get the Modem to work. I replaced the splitter with a Monster splitter and still doesn't work. I figured getting a 2 port electroline could help me.

Getting a visit from the Cable Company (even if you have to pay for it) would help you more.
post #6 of 6 Old 08-05-2011, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by olyteddy View Post

Getting a visit from the Cable Company (even if you have to pay for it) would help you more.

+1.

Buying all that equipment to find out it still doesn't work is likely to be more of a cost than what the cable company would charge. And odds are if you need an amp for just a few connections, there is something else wrong, that new equipment won't fix.
Reply Cable, Digital Cable - Non-HDTV

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page