TV suddenly only getting 5 fuzzy channels - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 09-15-2011, 08:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I bought a 46 inch Magnavox LCD HDTV a little over a month ago. I tried it out when I first bought it and it was fantastic. It picked up plenty of analog and digital channels when I scanned for cable channels. It was just plugged into a regular coax cable (no HDTV box). My Service Provider is WOW Cable.

And so here we are a month later. I just mounted the TV in its future home in my basement and to my surprise, when I scanned for the cable channels again, it only picks up 5 channels (sometimes 7), and they are all fuzzy or have "snow". At first, I thought it might be the cable line. But then I hooked up my small Westy to that same cable line and it was perfect.

I tried the Magnovox on a different cable line, and still the same problem. Then, I hooked up WOW Cable's digital adapter (even though it shouldn't need it and did not need it a month ago), and while I was now getting digital cable, all of the digital cable channels were still fuzzy ("snow")

Is this a problem with the cable tuner? is it complicated to fix? The TV is under warranty. Repair man is coming to see it tomorrow. Just curious what some of the experts on this forum think so I can compare to what the repair man says tomorrow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 09-15-2011, 10:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 168 Post(s)
Liked: 253
Quote:

Just curious what some of the experts on this forum think so I can compare to what the repair man says tomorrow.

The only thing the repairman can say that matters is 'it's fixed'.
post #3 of 3 Old 09-17-2011, 07:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Is the TV set up for Cable mode, or for antenna mode?

Ken English, Sr. Engineer, KSL-TV.
"The postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent the Company positions, strategies or opinions."
Reply Cable, Digital Cable - Non-HDTV

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page