Cisco RNG150 audio settings? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 04-06-2012, 01:28 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hope this is the right forum for this.
I have a Comcast Cisco RNG150 cable box. I have some questions about the audio settings. The on screen descriptions for the settings are really vague. Have had no luck on the Comcast forum and Comcast support is just as vague as the info that the box spits out.

There are 5 basic options for the audio - Default Audio Track, Audio Output, Compression, Stereo Output and Optimal Stereo. Three are pretty obvious. Default Audio Track is language select, Compression I assume sets a peak limit on the audio and Optimal Stereo says it optimizes the audio level. I am not sure about Audio Output and Stereo Output.

Audio Output has three subselections - TV Speakers, Stereo and Advanced.

Stereo Output has three subselections - Mono, Stereo and Matrix. What is the Matrix option?

If you select Advanced under Audio Output, the Compression and Stereo Output options are available. If you select TV Speakers or Stereo under Audio Output, the Compression and Stereo Output options are removed. Do the Audio Output settings apply to HDMI and Stereo Output settings to the analog outputs? They are obviously interrelated but I do not know exactly how.

Any help appreciated.
Charlie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 04-06-2012, 05:52 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Matrix is the old way of how Surround sound was done. Basically Dolby Surround. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matrix_...d_recording%29 Set for Advanced, and in there Light, and Set Output to Matrix. They actually apply to the Left & Right RCA outputs, not the HDMI or Optical.
Reply Cable, Digital Cable - Non-HDTV

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page