Summer service Time Warner - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 04-17-2012, 05:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a lake home that had Time Warner service last year. It was cheaper to turn off the service and return equipment than it was to use their "seasonal" ripoff rate. I went in today to re-establish service. It was then that I learned that it requires a truck to come out to re-establish service at the pole.
What I don't understand is why the company has to re-enter the home. This is inconvenient for me as I don't live up there. Can anyone explain to me why the company needs to do this as I'm already wired?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 04-17-2012, 05:46 PM

Liked: 32
As you know, they do not need to. Al they are doing, is really speculating that the homeowner undid or cut cables, so the CSR believes by what their script states, that they must have a technician do what the consumer can check on their own. Insist on a "Self-Install" option. That is, you pick up the box, hook it up and activate it. if it does not work then, then they can roll a truck if something happened to the drop since last time service was hooked up.
post #3 of 8 Old 04-17-2012, 06:25 PM - Thread Starter

I will try what you suggest.
post #4 of 8 Old 04-17-2012, 07:03 PM

I am not sure which area of Time Warner Cable offers self-install on a new account. This is different from Comcast, which does have this service. In the east region, a tech roll is always required, it's not part of the CSR script. Sometimes a caretaker can be there when the tech comes, but the service is not activated from the office. The customer has totally disconnected rather than having a seasonal hold. Usually this means the pole has been tapped.
post #5 of 8 Old 04-17-2012, 09:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 202
Quote:

Usually this means the pole has been tapped.

?trapped? They usually just disconnect at a pole, don't they?
post #6 of 8 Old 04-18-2012, 05:00 AM

Liked: 32
Sometimes, or they place a trap at the pole. Still if all they have to do is remove the trap, there is no need for the truck to roll to install the box, if the place had service before, and the end user is competent enough to hook it up themself and know how to troubleshoot if it does not work.
post #7 of 8 Old 04-18-2012, 07:20 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked: 256
Either way, they will have to be at the location to provide service from the pole/ped. With that in mind, it's better for them to visit once and verify proper operation in one truck roll.
post #8 of 8 Old 04-18-2012, 02:23 PM

Yes, sorry, was typing fast. There is a truck roll fee to open a new account regardless if op has a box installed, and an authorized adult over the age of 18 is required to be present. Sometimes there are outages during the winter, and customers who chose the seasonal hold option instead, (perhaps keeping a phone number), often have problems with the service restoration.

Even though customer previously had service, it is a brand new account, new account number, equipment deposit, install fees.
Reply Cable, Digital Cable - Non-HDTV

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page