Virtual Classroom help required with Interlaced video - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 07-12-2012, 08:21 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello all.

This is my first post. I browsed the forum categories and decided this was the best area to post. If there is a better place, a moderator feel free to move the post. Thanks

So here's my dilemma. I need to setup classrooms in a community college so that offsite students can attend class via Microsoft Lync.So far we are using a Samsung Super High Resolution UTP Camera sub-2000. It's 600TVL interlaced video pushed out through coax. It is a connected to a Canopus ADVC-110 device, then it goes to the computer through firewire. If you check the video preview the interlacing isn't too bad. I am guessing because it is running at its native resolution.

When I start a call the video settings on the server for Microsoft Lync make it so that it is 640X480. The video is VERY interlaced. So what I assume that I would need is a hardware device that would do some deinterlacing on the fly prior to broadcasting. I am aware that it would be as good as post production deinterlacing but I need something to make it less horrible without any human interaction.

1. Does anyone know of a device/card etc that I would be able to plug the camera into so that it gets deinterlaced prior to production?
2. Does someone have a better solution than my current setup? Remember that I work for a community college that does not have a huge amount of money to spend per room. Which is one of the reasons why I don't just have a progressive scan camera.

My specialty is in computer operating systems and hardware, so forgive my A/V lack of knowledge smile.gif

TIA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 07-13-2012, 09:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Well it's not the camera that's causing the interlacing. The Canopus device is DV format, which is natively 720x480i. Also, you say the server is converting that DV AVI to 640x480 to stream. Is there any settings in that server to deinterlace while it's changing the resolution? If you can't do it that way, is there any reason you couldn't just get a 50 dollar usb 720p webcam to use? That would eliminate the whole camera ->capture device connection.
Reply Cable, Digital Cable - Non-HDTV

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page