Quad Tuner for Tivo Premier? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 08-03-2012, 11:06 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I got a regular Tivo Premier, I wanted to change the dual tuner to a quad tuner.

does anyone know where I can buy a Quad Tuner that is compatible with Tivo?
I have posted before about building a HTPC, but I want to mess with this in the mean time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 08-06-2012, 09:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by heyitsbailey View Post

I got a regular Tivo Premier, I wanted to change the dual tuner to a quad tuner.
does anyone know where I can buy a Quad Tuner that is compatible with Tivo?
I have posted before about building a HTPC, but I want to mess with this in the mean time.

Is TiVO modular where you can replace components like a PC? I thought the tuner were integral to the board on the TiVO.

If you are really set on getting a Quad TiVO, you may find that even if you are able to locate the tuner, it may cost as much as buying a quad tuner TiVO. you may get lucky and find someone selling a dead quad tuner TiVO, or parting it out. But, you will have to take your chances that it is a failed something else, and not the tuner in the dead TiVO.

If you want to preserve the subscription that you may have been grandfatthered into, buy the quad TiVO without the subscription, solder the tuner out of it, and solder it into the old TiVO (not sure if it will even fit, or whether your OS can support it), and see it if works.

You best bet, and most cost effective approach is the HTPC route. Ceton can be had for as little as $150 for a quad.

6 TV's in the house on FiOS and we only pay $4.99/month to connect them all!!! Power to the CableCard and WMC7!!!
Reply Cable, Digital Cable - Non-HDTV

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page