Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Moody, AL 35004
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
If it were not a issue then why does Charter have over 10 opening with this job title?
Plant Security Investigator(Job Number: 1203584)
Join Charter and live the career you’re wired for.
At Charter, we are a growing and dynamic $7+ billion Fortune 500 organization with 17,000 employees strong. Our goal is to be America’s #1 service organization in advanced video, high-speed internet and telephone service – and we need talented people like you to deliver that exceptional and unmatched experience for our customers. Join us, and be connected to a collaborative workplace where everyone plays an important role and where you can make an impact – on your career, our growing company, and our 5+ million customers.
The Plant Security Investigator support the company’s Plant Security Program by investigating claims of unauthorized connections to Charter services, collecting evidence, preparing and presenting evidence for potential prosecution, and pursuing appropriate course of action with individuals engaged in unethical activity.
The position will work with law enforcement agencies, attorneys, courts and other related agencies regarding criminal prosecution and/or civil litigation for theft of cable service, and will provide testimony as needed in both civil and criminal proceedings.
The Plant Security Investigator will use measuring devices, gaffs, safety harnesses, ladders, test equipment, PDAs, smart phones, routers, modems, converters, and wireless devices.
The Plant Security Investigator will travel (including during inclement weather) to and from assigned territories and company facilities. The successful candidate will have a personal vehicle to travel within the assigned territory, a current valid drivers’ license and satisfactory motor vehicle report.
· 18 years of age or older
· Current valid driver’s license
· Must have bachelor’s degree or minimum of 2 years’ work experience
· Must have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in law enforcement/investigation training
· 1+ year of technical work experience
· Industry and vendor specific certifications and training (NCTI, SCTE)
· Ability to handle confidential information
· Ability to prioritize and organize effectively
· Knowledge of cable or telecommunications services
· Knowledge of basic mathematics and electronics
· Experience with consumer education of products and services
· Office work and field work which may include standing 50 - 70% of the time and working indoors in confined space, poorly ventilated areas such as attics, basements and/or crawlspaces
· Exposure to dust, dirt, noise, insects, rodents, pets, and cleaning solutions
· Work outdoors in all kinds of weather and at all times of the day or night
· Work performed near power lines and electricity
· Work performed at various heights above ground on telephone/power poles
· Work and travel in inclement weather
· Ocassionally required to work overtime as the business needs dictate
Charter is an equal opportunity employer.
And I'm well informed as I have worked in the industry for over 20 yrs and a published subject matter expert with the SCTE. Thank You Very Much.