Problem connecting HDMI to BenQ PE8700... - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 09-12-2012, 09:56 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Dear AV Gurus,

I hope someone here can provide me some help. I had a BenQ PB6200 which died on me. I was told the PS is most likely the culprit. Anyway, I looked around on Craiglist, and found a BenQ PE8700 (http://www.projectorcentral.com/benq_pe8700+.htm) for sale. PO hardly used it and unit was in excellent condition.

Quote taken from Projectorcentral.com:
"The PE8700 connector panel gives you three inputs in the "video group" and two in the "graphic group." The video group consists of one composite RCA, one S-video, and one set of three component RCAs for component interlaced input (no 480p available on this input). The graphic group gives you one DVI-I connector and a set of 5 BNCs for component interlaced, component progressive, HDTV, and computer input."

So, I have a DVI-D to HDMI transceiver. I tested the connection to my Dish receiver. Initially, the projector would not detect the signal when both units are on. However, when I re-seat the HDMI from the back of the Dish receiver, the projector detects the signal on the DVI.

I then take the setup one step further. I connect the Dish receiver to one of the HDMI port on the back of the receiver, and connect another HDMI cable from the receiver's HDMI out to the projector. I turn everything on, but I do not get any output on the screen. I tried reseating the HDMI cables, and still no luck. FYI, I did switch the receiver to the correct output channel...

I know the DVI connector on the PE8700 will only accept up to XGA resolution, but I am not sure about the signaling frequency on the XGA. I assume since DVI is a subset of HDMI, and both are digital, the transceiver should work. Any help or advice is much appreciated...

Thank you.

Vincent

Vinux