Question about cable, and the channels we receive - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 01-01-2013, 01:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
We shut off our cable tv subscription last week, and Time Warner rolled out a truck a couple of days later to turn things off up on the nearby telephone pole.

But here's the odd thing...we're still receiving a handful of cable channels. MTV and VH1 come in, albeit somewhat fuzzy, and AMC and Bravo come in nice and clear. I figure since they're there, I will continue to watch them. Is there any legal way to boost the reception of the fuzzy channels, though? And any guesses why we would still be getting these channels?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-01-2013, 07:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob_J View Post

We shut off our cable tv subscription last week, and Time Warner rolled out a truck a couple of days later to turn things off up on the nearby telephone pole.
But here's the odd thing...we're still receiving a handful of cable channels. MTV and VH1 come in, albeit somewhat fuzzy, and AMC and Bravo come in nice and clear. I figure since they're there, I will continue to watch them. Is there any legal way to boost the reception of the fuzzy channels, though? And any guesses why we would still be getting these channels?
Well, since watching cable TV without paying for it isn't exactly legal, I'd have to say there is no legal way to 'boost' the fuzzy channels. Enjoy it while you can. The 'something for nothing' cable crowd has been the driving force behind the cable companies push to scramble all their programming. mad.gif
post #3 of 3 Old 01-02-2013, 02:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 25
If an analog channel is fuzzy, you can only make it as good as it is right at the point of entry, before the signal splits. If it is not appreciably better when you connect a TV directly at the input or "demarcation point", then there is nothing that amplification can do for you.
Reply Cable, Digital Cable - Non-HDTV

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page