post #361 of 541 Old 01-22-2014, 01:00 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHBrandt View Post

For the purpose of this thread, I'd say it's "cable" if it uses QAM modulation to stream video within your home, since the whole thread is about whether you have any unencrypted QAM service. Satellite and Internet (even Internet delivered by a "cable" company) don't count. Neither do 8VSB OTA signals, even if delivered by a CATV or MATV system.

That may seem occasionally counter-intuitive. For example, Fios counts as cable, but U-Verse doesn't since U-Verse in-home equipment works more like satellite receivers.

That's something I haven't thought about. I have over 50 video apps and 10 audio apps on my TV and Blu-Ray (both Sony). If my basic cable gets encoded, do they disappear? I figure not, since they are supplied from my IP connection. I normally use the BD player for IP stuff since it has a 16M buffer which can be expanded.  I think I answered my own question anyhow.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #362 of 541 Old 01-22-2014, 03:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 217 Post(s)
Liked: 201
Yes; I think your Internet apps would be unaffected by QAM encryption. They might be affected by the recent court ruling striking down Net Neutrality, though mad.gif
post #363 of 541 Old 01-23-2014, 03:25 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 26
It appears that Charter is on a roll!
Quote:
BAY CITY, MI — Ann Arnold is about to change the way she watches TV. She's also planning to change the number of TVs she's watching.

Arnold, of Monitor Township, was at the Charter Communications store at 1480 S. Valley Center Drive, on Tuesday, Jan. 14, to purchase new digital set-top boxes for her televisions.

She'll need them when Charter makes the all-digital switch in the Bay City market on Tuesday, Feb. 4. The move means customers must have a digital set-top box for each television in their home or the signal will not go through.

Arnold has six televisions in her house, but said she'll only continue to use two after the digital switch because of the cost. She's not altogether happy about it.

"At least we should be able to get local stations (without a box)," she said. "(Charter is) picking on the poor."

However, it is possible to get local stations for free via a digital antenna in lieu of cable.

Charter officials say customers will have access to more than 175 high-definition channels, better picture quality and significantly faster Internet speeds as the company completes its move to an all-digital network throughout the first half of the year.

Charter made the all-digital switch in the Saginaw market in September. Mt. Pleasant and Alma made the switch overnight Monday, Jan. 13. Midland, Pinconning, Standish, Beaverton and Gladwin make the switch Jan. 21. The Feb. 4 switch affects the Bay City area, Essexville, Bangor Township and Kawkawlin.

As part of this upgrade process, Charter customers must acquire Charter-issued digital set-top boxes for each of their televisions, according to a company news release. These set-top boxes will provide Charter customers with Video On Demand access for every television in their home, with more than 12,000 Video On Demand options, including more than 3,000 in high-definition.

Bay City area Charter customers can obtain their first digital set-top box at no cost by visiting the Charter store located on South Valley Center Drive in Monitor Township,
or the temporary Charter store located at 503 N. Euclid Ave. on Bay City's West Side. Midland's Charter store is located at 2013 W. Wackerly Road.

The stores are open from 8:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday and until 1 p.m. on Saturdays.

"We are going to provide the first box for free for the first 12 months," said company spokesman Bill Morand.

Each additional box costs $6.99 per month.

Mary Shea, 65, of Essexville, picked up two of the digital set-top boxes at the Monitor Township store on Tuesday.

"It's going to cost us money, but what are we going to do?" she said.

http://www.mlive.com/business/mid-michigan/index.ssf/2014/01/charter_communications_goes_al.html

Notice how they never tell people that it doesn't take anymore bandwidth to have the basic cable channels on clear-QAM vs. encrypted QAM. We're doing it for your benefit, so you can have access to more channels and faster internet speeds. Half-truths are for the most part lies.
TeflonSoul likes this.

It's 2014 and you're still paying for television?

post #364 of 541 Old 01-23-2014, 03:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkreichen1968 View Post

However, it is possible to get local stations for free via a digital antenna in lieu of cable.
Apologies for going OT but this is a pet peeve of mine. This is a news report that still pushes the myth that you need a special, "digital" antenna to get OTA TV. mad.gif

I know everyone here knows that's not true, but if it's your job to report news about TV, shouldn't you be at least expected to understand basics like that?
TeflonSoul likes this.
post #365 of 541 Old 01-23-2014, 03:40 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Apologies for going OT but this is a pet peeve of mine. This is a news report that still pushes the myth that you need a special, "digital" antenna to get OTA TV. mad.gif

I know everyone here knows that's not true, but if it's your job to report news about TV, shouldn't you be at least expected to understand basics like that?

I understand. Remember when Radio Shack started selling the "Color Compatible" antenna? That would be around 1960. This is why my family doesn't buy a toaster without asking me if will work with their microwave oven. But then they will take anything if it's free.

post #366 of 541 Old 01-23-2014, 03:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 155 Post(s)
Liked: 263
Quote:

Quote:

At least they didn't say you need a "HD" antenna.
post #367 of 541 Old 01-23-2014, 03:53 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

http://www.mlive.com/business/mid-michigan/index.ssf/2014/01/charter_communications_goes_al.html

Notice how they never tell people that it doesn't take anymore bandwidth to have the basic cable channels on clear-QAM vs. encrypted QAM. We're doing it for your benefit, so you can have access to more channels and faster internet speeds. Half-truths are for the most part lies.

I did notice that the link in the big article seemed to imply they were going all digital and dropping analog. We know a channel is 6mHz, but that would never make it into print. On the other hand, clear QAM is not something that everyone can handle and would rather use the STB for the nice pretty numbers. If they get all those HD channels without a price increase I would be very shocked, yet the price of the STB is pretty high. Perhaps they are taking the long view.

post #368 of 541 Old 01-24-2014, 10:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:

Arnold has six televisions in her house, but said she'll only continue to use two after the digital switch because of the cost. She's not altogether happy about it.

"At least we should be able to get local stations (without a box)," she said. "(Charter is) picking on the poor."

Since when the POOR have 6 TV's?

I must be poor too, we have 6 TV's in the house. woo hoo! I am going to apply for food stamps and welfare. Maybe my kids will get FREE lunch at school too.

Can I use the article as justification for qualification?

6 TV's in the house on FiOS and we only pay $4.99/month to connect them all!!! Power to the CableCard and WMC7!!!
post #369 of 541 Old 01-24-2014, 10:24 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

If somebody proves clear QAM is gone, I might pay attention. This topic isn't helping those looking for lack of clear QAM in their city. It is a shame that there isn't a general cable (bashing) thread. 

post #370 of 541 Old 01-24-2014, 01:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueiedgod View Post

Since when the POOR have 6 TV's?

I must be poor too, we have 6 TV's in the house. woo hoo! I am going to apply for food stamps and welfare. Maybe my kids will get FREE lunch at school too.
Oh, come ON.... She said six TVs, not six 60" plasmas! Small TVs are cheap. It's perfectly reasonable for even a poor household to have accumulated six over the decade or two that a typical TV lasts.

In the meantime, if you want to bash the poor, may I suggest taking it to redstate.org? Some of us would like to discuss losing clear QAM, not whether the poor are allowed to own appliances rolleyes.gif
post #371 of 541 Old 01-24-2014, 01:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Oh, come ON.... She said six TVs, not six 60" plasmas! Small TVs are cheap. It's perfectly reasonable for even a poor household to have accumulated six over the decade or two that a typical TV lasts.

In the meantime, if you want to bash the poor, may I suggest taking it to redstate.org? Some of us would like to discuss losing clear QAM, not whether the poor are allowed to own appliances rolleyes.gif

If people didn't abuse ClearQAM, i.e connect more TV sets than they were paying for, or only subscribing to Internet, and still connecting TV's, then ClearQAM would still be here.

I don't understand why people think they are entitled for FREE CableTV? Free TV is ONLY over the air. If it is not coming from your antenna, then someone spent money and energy to bring it to you, and if you have not paid for it, you should not get it, even if someone failed to block/lock/disable it.

Haven't people learned in 2nd grade that there is no such thing as "free lunch"?

So, you can put the blame for the "plight of the poor" on the people who abused the system.

Edit: Not sure if you have actually been exposed to the inner city poor, but I can tell you a little bit about them. I grew up in the Bronx, I know what poor is. I have no idea how my parents managed to raise both of us. But, they did a damned good job. Both of us are contributing members of society.

I volunteer in the inner city school after work, to help kids prepare for Science Olympiad. There are a few of us engineers from my work who are involved in this. I can tell you that those "poor" kids have sneakers that cost more than my nice dress shoes. I have an ancient Java based phone, far from a smart phone. They were showing off their new iPhone 5 and Galaxy IV 2 days after those came out. When PS3 came out, they all seemed to have one at home. I am sure when I go back after the break, majority will have XBOX ONE and/or PS4.

Both my wife and I work, so that we can provide for our family. We are not considered poor, but we really can't buy $300 sneakers, and $700 phones, nor $500 game systems for our kids.

So, what does redstate.org have to do with this?

A lot of people like to throw around the word "poor" But, are they really just hiding behind it?

6 TV's in the house on FiOS and we only pay $4.99/month to connect them all!!! Power to the CableCard and WMC7!!!
post #372 of 541 Old 01-24-2014, 02:22 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Please stop.

post #373 of 541 Old 01-24-2014, 02:44 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 228 Post(s)
Liked: 314
Red flag... bottom left. I tried to tell you where your thread was going.
(Posts 351 and 358).
JoeKustra likes this.
post #374 of 541 Old 01-24-2014, 03:58 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 411 Post(s)
Liked: 356

Find your way back to the topic guys...

JoeKustra likes this.

Mike Lang
Administrator
Please use the report post button to alert staff to problematic posts. Never quote or respond to them yourself.
Join the AVS Club and help support the site. Help Support AVS Forum Sponsors.
post #375 of 541 Old 01-24-2014, 05:26 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Joe,

How much evidence that clear QAM is gone do you need? The articles say that you need a cable company issued STB for EVERY TV. The press releases say you need a cable company issued STB for EVERY TV. Do you need 500 people to swear on the Bible that clear QAM is gone?

blueiedgod,

Back when I had (analog) cable (spring 2009), it didn't matter how many times I split it, to how any TVs, I had 99 channels of analog cable TV. The requirement that you have to rent a STB for EVERY TV equals a unjustified hidden cost. All new televisions have clear QAM tuners built in. You can buy a clear QAM tuner with recording capabilities for $40. This is simply the cable companies taking advantage of people with the FCC's permission!!!
JSUL likes this.

It's 2014 and you're still paying for television?

post #376 of 541 Old 01-24-2014, 06:02 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Joe,

How much evidence that clear QAM is gone do you need? The articles say that you need a cable company issued STB for EVERY TV. The press releases say you need a cable company issued STB for EVERY TV. Do you need 500 people to swear on the Bible that clear QAM is gone?

Just one person to post that all their clear QAM channels are now blank/scrambled or cannot be decoded. And that they worked yesterday. Technically I have not lost all analog, but having five test patterns from channel 2 up to 135 doesn't really count. I don't trust cable company marketing. Telling me that a letter or news article says you need a box because we are going digital is not enough for me. I trust someone on this forum, who is usually above average technically, when they post clear QAM is gone. I'm happy that there has not been one post telling us that Post #2 is wrong.

post #377 of 541 Old 01-27-2014, 02:44 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Please notice my sig has changed. There is no reason for an off-topic warning to be ignored and for everyone to be wasting their time reading them. If you don't have cable, you need to find an OTA thread. There are plenty of them. Thank you for your cooperation.

post #378 of 541 Old 01-28-2014, 08:34 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Service: Time Warner Cable (one premium channel, plus basic)

Equipment: TWC cable box to main TV

direct wall cable to EyeTV 250 plus to mac computer for recording

For the past couple of years, I have been using EyeTV 250 to record programs for delayed viewing. Never got into TiVO or DVRs. The quality of the recordings has been excellent HD (even better than what I get through the cable box at times). When TWC went all digital last fall, I was still able to receive HD broadcast channels through the EyeTV (clear QAM) but I lost the few "basic cable" channels that I had been able to access (ie. TBS).

Now it seems TWC is jumping on the encryption bandwagon. I received notice that all connections will require a digital adapter or cable box starting on or about 1/28. Since I subscribe to premium cable, I am entitled to one free digital adapter for one year. However, this adapter is basically a scaled-down cable box which means that I can no longer tune channels using my EyeTV (I would have to be home to change channels to what I want to record -- which kind of defeats the purpose).

As of today (1/28), I am still able to receive the Clear QAM channels on my EyeTV. If I lose them in the next couple of days, I will try an indoor antenna with amplifier. But since my area supposedly calls for a medium directional outdoor antenna, I am not too hopeful about that option. Especially since my window faces the opposite direction of the TV signal. Sigh.

post #379 of 541 Old 01-28-2014, 08:45 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcshipper View Post

For the past couple of years, I have been using EyeTV 250 to record programs for delayed viewing. Never got into TiVO or DVRs. The quality of the recordings has been excellent HD (even better than what I get through the cable box at times). When TWC went all digital last fall, I was still able to receive HD broadcast channels through the EyeTV (clear QAM) but I lost the few "basic cable" channels that I had been able to access (ie. TBS).

Now it seems TWC is jumping on the encryption bandwagon. I received notice that all connections will require a digital adapter or cable box starting on or about 1/28. Since I subscribe to premium cable, I am entitled to one free digital adapter for one year. However, this adapter is basically a scaled-down cable box which means that I can no longer tune channels using my EyeTV (I would have to be home to change channels to what I want to record -- which kind of defeats the purpose).

As of today (1/28), I am still able to receive the Clear QAM channels on my EyeTV. If I lose them in the next couple of days, I will try an indoor antenna with amplifier. But since my area supposedly calls for a medium directional outdoor antenna, I am not too hopeful about that option. Especially since my window faces the opposite direction of the TV signal. Sigh.

I'm sorry for your loss. There's quite a lot of movement with the big cable companies lately. When you finally lose your clear QAM please leave a post. TWC has been the leader in SDV. I guess they are expanding.

post #380 of 541 Old 01-28-2014, 09:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcshipper View Post

Dump EyeTV and Mac, get CableCARD tuner and Windows 7, ghasp. I know, I know.... Windows Media Center that comes for FREE with every copy of Windows 7 is the only CableLabs certified Software DVR solution. It will record all of your premium content, and you won't need to rent a box, or adapter, just a CableCARD, which Time Warner charges $2.50/month for. To add icing on the cake, you can connect 5 more TV's to the system to enjoy all of your encrypted and copyrighted TV content on, without any additional fees.

You will get the same TV listings that you get through the box. Overall, a much better solution than ElGato, for Cable. And there is no fee, ElGato has an annual fee.
jcshipper likes this.

post #381 of 541 Old 02-01-2014, 04:19 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Why should TV manufacturers even waste money on tuners these days with cable companies being so ridiculous with their set top boxes. Save us some money on the tunerless TVs and we can just buy a monitor.

So XFINITY COMCAST did the same in Atlanta , who knows how long ago. I was just checking my third TV to prepare for a Superbowl party and noticed all my scanned channels were gone. I knew we were losing basic cable channels, but I didnt' realize it really meant even OTA channels. I already rent two boxes and have a top tier XFINITY subscription. I am not paying 10 bucks a month for an extra STB which I may use 10 times a year at most.

F*** IT. I will stream the SB on my laptop and connect it via HDMI to my extra TVs in my other rooms. It's not like the STB feed was in synch with the non STB cable feed anyway. I could use slingbox too if I wanted for an extra TV.
post #382 of 541 Old 02-01-2014, 07:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantar View Post

Why should TV manufacturers even waste money on tuners these days with cable companies being so ridiculous with their set top boxes. Save us some money on the tunerless TVs and we can just buy a monitor.

So XFINITY COMCAST did the same in Atlanta , who knows how long ago. I was just checking my third TV to prepare for a Superbowl party and noticed all my scanned channels were gone. I knew we were losing basic cable channels, but I didnt' realize it really meant even OTA channels. I already rent two boxes and have a top tier XFINITY subscription. I am not paying 10 bucks a month for an extra STB which I may use 10 times a year at most.

F*** IT. I will stream the SB on my laptop and connect it via HDMI to my extra TVs in my other rooms. It's not like the STB feed was in synch with the non STB cable feed anyway. I could use slingbox too if I wanted for an extra TV.

I am fairly certain that no one took your OTA (Over The Air - ATSC Broadcast - uncompressed MPEG2) channels. They are still there, Over The Air.

By the way, Comast GIVES you $2.50/month credit if you rent just a CableCARD. A single CableCARD will give you 6 channels at once. What you do with them is your choice. I have them streamed to 6 different TV's... You can record 5 and watch 1, or whatever permutation of the above.

post #383 of 541 Old 02-01-2014, 07:53 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
If I could get OTA channels via an internal antenna, do you think I would bother to stream the game from FOXSPORTS.com.I meant the channels that could be gotten OTA , that are distributed by cable too.

But the cablecard thing - I called COMCAST earlier today and asked about the loss of the channels and cablecard.

XFINITY REP: "what is QAM?"
mantar "nevermind, just call your supervisor and I can ask him or her"
XFINITY "no sir, let's troubleshoot this. Unplug your STB. "
mantar " I said I no longer get NBC, FOX on my HDTV that is directly connected to your cable"
and then I explained the whole thing , and it just went over their heads.

Then the rep just disconnected me midsentence.

So I call again. unbelieveable, their technical support had another dumbo. No idea what QAM was. I even explained in plain English "for years, I could connect my TV directly to the cable without a STB and while my chnnels were limited, I could still watcxh the unscrambled channels, including HD ones especially the major networks like NBC". Nothing.
So then I asked "Can you explain to me the whole thing with cable cards. Can I just pick up one or will someone have to make a visit and I gotta pay for that visit"
REP" "Oh yo ucan just go pick up a cable chord"
mantar : "I meant CABLE CAARD"
REP: "sure, go to the xifintiy office and pick up one for free".
mantar "really? can I have two? "
REP: "Sure why not . I am sure you can get more than a couple"
mantar 'I MEANT CABLE CAAAAARD" not CHORD"
REP" "huh??"

I got fed up and hung up. What I did not quote here were period references to me asking how my main DVR box was not displaying those network channels. Or to reset my box. Or some crap.

They never had geniuses working at COMCAST. But they had people who sounded literate and were reasonably OK smart in that tech support area.
Now they hired a bunch of dumbos who not only cannot troubleshoot, they are flat out ignorant.
post #384 of 541 Old 02-01-2014, 11:04 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

I can't get OTA via antenna... since I HAVE to use some kind of paid service to get TV I broke down and got a 3 channel networked TV tuner and I am using WMC in my HTPCs.  this doesn't solve your immediate need but its a viable option.

And "dumbo" is a GREAT way to describe most of their support reps... I've had much better luck with calling later in the day and getting the Indian reps.  the reps from the US are just straight confused when I explain my system to them.

post #385 of 541 Old 02-02-2014, 07:49 AM
Thread Ender

Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked: 73
mantar... I guess you've tried to re-scan, just to be sure they haven't just moved the QAM channels?

Don't ever make the MISTAKE of buying a Samsung TV..
They consider THIS
normal on a two month old set..
post #386 of 541 Old 02-02-2014, 08:23 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WS65711 View Post

mantar... I guess you've tried to re-scan, just to be sure they haven't just moved the QAM channels?

Atlanta was declared scrambled a month ago. Different headends seem to have different schedules.

post #387 of 541 Old 02-02-2014, 01:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantar View Post

If I could get OTA channels via an internal antenna, do you think I would bother to stream the game from FOXSPORTS.com.I meant the channels that could be gotten OTA , that are distributed by cable too.

But the cablecard thing - I called COMCAST earlier today and asked about the loss of the channels and cablecard.

XFINITY REP: "what is QAM?"
mantar "nevermind, just call your supervisor and I can ask him or her"
XFINITY "no sir, let's troubleshoot this. Unplug your STB. "
mantar " I said I no longer get NBC, FOX on my HDTV that is directly connected to your cable"
and then I explained the whole thing , and it just went over their heads.

Then the rep just disconnected me midsentence.

So I call again. unbelieveable, their technical support had another dumbo. No idea what QAM was. I even explained in plain English "for years, I could connect my TV directly to the cable without a STB and while my chnnels were limited, I could still watcxh the unscrambled channels, including HD ones especially the major networks like NBC". Nothing.
So then I asked "Can you explain to me the whole thing with cable cards. Can I just pick up one or will someone have to make a visit and I gotta pay for that visit"
REP" "Oh yo ucan just go pick up a cable chord"
mantar : "I meant CABLE CAARD"
REP: "sure, go to the xifintiy office and pick up one for free".
mantar "really? can I have two? "
REP: "Sure why not . I am sure you can get more than a couple"
mantar 'I MEANT CABLE CAAAAARD" not CHORD"
REP" "huh??"

I got fed up and hung up. What I did not quote here were period references to me asking how my main DVR box was not displaying those network channels. Or to reset my box. Or some crap.

They never had geniuses working at COMCAST. But they had people who sounded literate and were reasonably OK smart in that tech support area.
Now they hired a bunch of dumbos who not only cannot troubleshoot, they are flat out ignorant.

Don't know about Comcast, but TWC and Verizon, both have dedicated CableCARD lines, so that you by-pass people who think that if you insert CableCARD into a PC you need to be connected to RoadRunner (happened to me with TWC), or that you HAVE TO HAVE TiVO to make "TiVO card" to work (happened to me with Verizon).

Automated is the way to go.

And yes, as outlined by the FCC, if the provider offers self install for modems, STB's and DVRs, they are required to offer self install of cableCARDs. You can walk into any office, get the Card and TA (if needed).

Besides, having the tech come out will result in more confusion, since they more likely have never seen one inserted into a PC, USB, or Network attached tuner, and they will try to not to give it to you, because "they are required to make sure it is inserted into approved device before they leave"

I have to say though, CableCARD installs now are nothing compared to the early days of CableCARD PC tuners, circa 2008, where they didn't know they were called CableCARD, and you had to specify if you wanted an S-Card or M-Card, and when you told them it was going into a PC, they would stare at you like deer in the headlights. Or call up a couple more techs to come over and "watch this!"
jcshipper likes this.

post #388 of 541 Old 02-07-2014, 06:10 PM

Liked: 11

I live in Brooklyn, NY - 11217 - and it looks like Time Warner started scrambling QAM yesterday.  

I'm one of the many in the BK that can't get OTA channels at all with any Antenna.  Brick building, 2nd floor, big big trees from my neighbors blocking all views of the sky.

I've been plugging in my internet Coax and getting the basic channels for about 10 years now, but it looks like the party is over.  I kinda saw this coming as Time Warner was changing around where the channels were located and slowly yet surely removing channels from the feed.  Last night I come home and it's all black.  Dang.

Anything I can do or am I screwed?

post #389 of 541 Old 02-07-2014, 06:12 PM

Liked: 11

test

post #390 of 541 Old 02-08-2014, 12:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Liked: 253
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Goetz View Post

I live in Brooklyn, NY - 11217 - and it looks like Time Warner started scrambling QAM yesterday.  

I'm one of the many in the BK that can't get OTA channels at all with any Antenna.  Brick building, 2nd floor, big big trees from my neighbors blocking all views of the sky.

I've been plugging in my internet Coax and getting the basic channels for about 10 years now, but it looks like the party is over.  I kinda saw this coming as Time Warner was changing around where the channels were located and slowly yet surely removing channels from the feed.  Last night I come home and it's all black.  Dang.

Anything I can do or am I screwed?
Yeah, pay for cable like the rest of us...
Reply Cable, Digital Cable - Non-HDTV

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page