New to drop amps - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 05-08-2014, 10:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

I am in the process of buying a house, an older couple lived there just before us and we noticed in the basement it had a box with cable wires attached to it. I did a little research and found out it is an electoline EDA-FT08100. Unfortunately that is all I know about the product, could anyone help me out and tell me exactly what it is and what capabilities I have with this? 

Thanks, 

Cliff

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 05-08-2014, 10:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 229
Quote:
...what capabilities I have with this
Depends on who put it there and why. There are two basic scenarios: either you have low signal from the cable company and they (or someone who knows what they're doing) placed it to compensate for it, or you have OK signal and it's not needed and was put there because somkeone thought it was cool or read about it on an internet forum. Either way it has no special 'capabilities' and may not even be needed.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(Just as big an idea thief as)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 3 Old 05-25-2014, 07:56 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 22
The EDA-FT08100 is a drop amplifier that increases cable signal strength for multiple televisions, with active no loss return. Under ordinary circumstances, if you have cable service feeding multiple tvs, phone, and internet modems, your cable signal will drop if you are using a regular ordinary splitter. Under these circumstances, the signal actually decreases which may impact your tv, internet and phone service. This drop amp increases the signal (in dBs) to maintain the integrity and quality of the signal, and has eight outputs.

The active return with no loss ensures that your signal from your devices to your cable company (for example charter on demand) will have no problems. However, if you use this device, you will need to put cable terminators on cable outlets that you are not using to avoid sending signals outside of your home that may interfere with your neighbor's cable service.

See this website for more information: http://www.dropamp.com/

I have had this device for over ten years without any problems.

Good luck,
Vincentfam
Reply Cable, Digital Cable - Non-HDTV

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page