Forum Jump: 

Old 08-10-2014, 09:27 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Thumbs up Channel Master CM-7001 Antenna and Cable Tuner

hi.i am new here .
now i will try to do my best to explain what i need to know .
i am looking at buying the box mentioned above.
right now i connected to the cogeco cable to my 51 inc tv .i did scan my tv and i do get about 37 channels .
now if i buy the box do i still get the same channels .what i need is the guide because right now i have no guide .
sorry about my spelling am doing my best [70] year old .
thank you for your help .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-10-2014, 11:19 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
it look like no one know more then a do here .but thank you anyway
Old 08-11-2014, 08:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by dady View Post
hi.i am new here .
now i will try to do my best to explain what i need to know .
i am looking at buying the box mentioned above.
right now i connected to the cogeco cable to my 51 inc tv .i did scan my tv and i do get about 37 channels .
now if i buy the box do i still get the same channels .what i need is the guide because right now i have no guide .
sorry about my spelling am doing my best [70] year old .
thank you for your help .
If you are paying for TV package subscription, it is best to call Cogeco and inquire.

You did not state whether the channels you are able to receive are Analog or Digital.

In general, ClearQAM is dead (even if you have it now, you may not have it tomorrow).

NTSC is Dead.

The box works with ATSC (antenna) So, buy accordingly.

There is no free CableTV is the US.

http://support.channelmaster.com/hc/...User_Guide.pdf

What type of signals can the CM7001 tune?

The CM7001 will tune standard ATSC digital signals off an antenna, and can also tune clear QAM signals, which are unencrypted cable signals. Not all cable operators provide clear QAM signals, so check with your provider for compatibility.

Can I use the CM7001 to watch channels on my cable television connection?

If you are connected to a cable television network, they will typically have analog NTSC, Clear QAM, and encrypted QAM signals on their network. The CM7001 will only be able to view the Clear QAM channels. The analog NTSC channels on a cable television network can be viewed by connecting the cable directly to the TV set. The encrypted QAM channels can only be viewed with the set top box provided by the cable operator. Check with your cable operator to see what channels are provided using Clear QAM.

Why doesn’t my CM7001 pick up all my basic cable channels?

The CM7001 is designed to receive over the air ATSC channels, and Clear QAM channels. Cable television operators typically have analog NTSC, Clear QAM, and encrypted QAM signals on their network. Many cable operators still carry all the basic channels as analog NTSC channels, and sometimes duplicate them as either Clear QAM or encrypted QAM channels. If the cable operator has upgraded its network to carry all digital signals, it is very common for them to only carry the limited basic channels (usually the local off air channels and the public, educational, and government channels) in Clear QAM, while the rest of the basic channels are carried on their networks as encrypted QAM channels.

The analog NTSC channels on a cable television network can be viewed by connecting the cable directly to the TV set. The encrypted QAM channels can only be viewed with the set top box provided by the cable operator. Check with your cable operator to see what channels are provided using Clear QAM.

6 TV's in the house on FiOS and we only pay $4.99/month to connect them all!!! Power to the CableCard and WMC7!!!