What's Soundstage on PBS? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 06-24-2003, 01:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Coming in July on PBS HD will be a series called Soundstage. Any one know anything about this series? What artists are scheduled?

Thanks

Rick Steverson

Surely you didn't make the mistake of thinking I know what I'm talking about?!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 06-24-2003, 01:31 PM - Thread Starter

Looks like I found the answer myself. My first check on the PBS website turned up a "not produced by PBS" dead-end and then I found this using their search :) http://www.pbs.org/previews/Soundstage/

A quote from this link:
Quote:
SOUNDSTAGE is back! The critically acclaimed music series, which aired on PBS from 1974 to 1985, returns this summer with 13 one-hour programs. The ever-popular Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers open the season, which features some of today’s chart-topping performers and hottest groups, including Lyle Lovett, Alison Krauss, Chicago, Lucinda Williams, Michael McDonald, Ashford and Simpson, and more. SOUNDSTAGE premieres on PBS Thursday, July 3, 2003, (check local listings).
This is looking interesting! Tom Petty and the Heartbreaker do two hours in HD that they break into two one hour shows to start this 13 show series off. Lets tune in Thursday at 10 EDT/ 9 CDT July 3 and see what PBS has in store for us.

Rick Steverson

Surely you didn't make the mistake of thinking I know what I'm talking about?!!
post #3 of 4 Old 06-24-2003, 06:27 PM
PVR

Moderators - PLEASE MOVE THIS BACK TO HDTV PROGRAMMING.... THIS PROGRAM WILL BE IN HD!
post #4 of 4 Old 06-24-2003, 08:39 PM
Advanced Member

Soundstage is a program that has its roots back in the 70's and was produced here in Chicago by WTTW, our PBS station. It disappeared for almost 30 years, and is now being revived. It was extremely well done, and was the first program I had heard in stereo. It was simulcast on a local FM station. I remember performances by the Bee Gees, Barry Manilow, and Steve Goodman.

They have been showing the production of the Chicago concert that was done a few months ago. It is stunning in HD. Extremely well produced. Really shows the potential of HD in this application.

They have built a new theater at their studios specifilly for these shows. I believe it is produced by a company call HD Ready here in town. I give the Chicago perfomance 5 Stars and all my thumbs up. Check it out when it comes on in your area.

Mike K.
Closed Thread Cable, Digital Cable - Non-HDTV

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page