4k 60hz HDMI Long Run - Capabilities Issues - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 08-21-2017, 07:44 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
4k 60hz HDMI Long Run - Capabilities Issues

Issue:
Trying to run source -> 35' active HDMI -> 4k receiver -> 35' active HDMI -> 4k TV - This current setup isn't working at all.

Equipment:
Receiver - Denon AVR-X3300
Sources - PS4 Pro / Nvidia 1080ti
HDMI cable - Monoprice Luxe 35' active HDMI
TV - Samsung UN65KS8000

In depth explanation of issues and attempts for solution:
My overall goal is to have a 4k capable office and centralize the networking/av equipment in my server room. I wanted to utilize a closet space for the 4k Blu-ray player and the PS4 pro and other components i would directly interface with while the receiver would be controlled via my Logitech Harmony Hub. I purchased the 35' active HDMI cables from monoprice as they stated they were capable to handle what my objective was... they were not. Hooking the PS4 Pro up to the receiver using the 35' HDMI and the receiver output to the TV as the zone 1 source the TV showed it recognized something was on the ARC input but nothing showed. I tried to then remove the receiver from the loop and run just the source PS4 Pro directly to the TV using the 35' HDMI cable, still no joy. I then attempted to run a 35' cable from my 1080ti to the TV directly and it did detect it on the TV but the image was very distorted. Looking online I then bought an Monoprice Blackbird HDMI repeater... with that in the loop at any point nothing worked. I have thought of potentially running 4k 60hz 4:4:4 capable HDMI over Ethernet as the solution but am unsure of the success. So here I am stressed and out of options that I can rely on. Please help!! If you need any additional information please let me know and I will answer. Thank you for any assistance provided.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 08-21-2017, 07:54 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1297 Post(s)
Liked: 2787
welcome to AVS

you should post this in the link in my sig: Test Reports HDMI Cables that support 18GBPS&HDMI 2.0b

please take the high road in every post:do not respond to or quote a problematic post: report it
HDMI.org:what a mess this is a red flag issue
HDCP = Hollywood's Draconian Copy Protection system
Test Reports HDMI Cables that support 18GBPS&HDMI 2.0b

Last edited by markrubin; 08-21-2017 at 07:59 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Cable, Digital Cable - Non-HDTV

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page