Kyle XY on ABC Family - Page 7 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
First ... 5  6  7 8  9  ... Last
Cable, Digital Cable - Non-HDTV > Kyle XY on ABC Family
NetworkTV's Avatar NetworkTV 09:40 AM 06-14-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by bicker1 View Post

Their published releases indicate that they will be doing so for at least the first few episodes. There is no reason to think they won't continue throughout the summer again.

I think I can "share" one potential reason....

...of course, Kyle seems to be doing well, so it looks to be able to hold its own a bit better. However, what's a good rating on cable is only so-so on the big nets.

VisionOn's Avatar VisionOn 10:09 AM 06-14-2007
one thing's for certain, if they plan to air all this season on ABC, they'll have to rethink their scheduling. Kyle XY season 2 is 23 episodes long, not the 10 it was last year.

If they still plan to do a split season on ABC family and break until January after the first 13, ABC will have to find a way to accommodate the show when it returns for 10 more episodes.
CPanther95's Avatar CPanther95 10:47 AM 06-14-2007
Something tells me ABC will have gaps to fill.
bicker1's Avatar bicker1 12:38 PM 06-14-2007
thefutoncritic.com is showing Kyle XY Season 2 as only 13 episodes. There are no indications there that there will be an additional 10 episodes.
VisionOn's Avatar VisionOn 02:03 PM 06-14-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPanther95 View Post

Something tells me ABC will have gaps to fill.

but how often do they fill gaps in prime season with good programming, and that stays on the air longer than a week?
VisionOn's Avatar VisionOn 02:05 PM 06-14-2007
Quote:

thefutoncritic.com is showing Kyle XY Season 2 as only 13 episodes. There are no indications there that there will be an additional 10 episodes.

and that's why Fredfa doesn't link to the FC very often.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...&#post10616571
DaveFi's Avatar DaveFi 07:07 PM 06-15-2007
Just watch the season opener and I wasn't impressed. Why did they have to give Kyle a superpower? Isn't it enough he's superintelligent, a great athlete, etc, etc? Now they give him telekinesis as well? Meh.

Otherwise it was rather predictable. Hopefully later episodes will be better.
ion-man's Avatar ion-man 12:35 AM 06-16-2007
I too watched the season opener a few hours ago and I enjoyed it thoroughly. This is my first full episode (previous viewing was a few mins where Kyle had an embarassing moment regarding anatomy but I didn't see enough to know exactly what 'it' was) so there are a few loose ends but the re cap at the beginning helped a bit. I know its difficult to join a show cold turkey so anybody know if family channel is doing reruns of last season anytime?
VisionOn's Avatar VisionOn 04:02 AM 06-16-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by ion-man View Post

I too watched the season opener a few hours ago and I enjoyed it thoroughly. This is my first full episode (previous viewing was a few mins where Kyle had an embarassing moment regarding anatomy but I didn't see enough to know exactly what 'it' was) so there are a few loose ends but the re cap at the beginning helped a bit. I know its difficult to join a show cold turkey so anybody know if family channel is doing reruns of last season anytime?

you can watch the previous 5 or 6 episodes online at abcfamily.com
petergaryr's Avatar petergaryr 05:00 AM 06-16-2007
So, Kyle was in the tank for something like 16 years???

Will be interesting to see how they incorporate "XX" into the plot.

From a PQ standpoint, the colors seemed oversaturated to me...anyone else notice orange faces? I know it's not my set...the commericals looked fine. Was watching via D* MPEG4 LIL.
NetworkTV's Avatar NetworkTV 09:19 AM 06-16-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveFi View Post

Just watch the season opener and I wasn't impressed. Why did they have to give Kyle a superpower? Isn't it enough he's superintelligent, a great athlete, etc, etc? Now they give him telekinesis as well? Meh.

Otherwise it was rather predictable. Hopefully later episodes will be better.

Don't forget, he can already detect lightning and jump off the roof of a 2+ story house with ease...
huberjgl's Avatar huberjgl 01:06 PM 06-17-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by petergaryr View Post

From a PQ standpoint, the colors seemed oversaturated to me...anyone else notice orange faces? I know it's not my set...the commericals looked fine. Was watching via D* MPEG4 LIL.

I was fine OTA here.
Well, other than being really dark, colors were fine.
Must be something DirecTV is doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetworkTV View Post

Don't forget, he can already detect lightning and jump off the roof of a 2+ story house with ease...

And sink a basketball from half court, repeatedly.
Didn't he walk through a sliding glass door with little effort and nary a scratch?

Jerry
TheWinstonWolf's Avatar TheWinstonWolf 01:27 PM 06-19-2007
HE HAS SPECIAL POWERS!!

Haha j/k, but seriously I thought the episode was pretty good (I had already watched the ABC family showing but refrained from talking about it here). I didn't notice any particular color imperfections.

I thought it was great that so many questions were answered, but parts of it just seemed to add more questions...which is probably a good thing. I was trying to hold out for the HD showing on friday, but I'm not sure I'm going to make it.
petergaryr's Avatar petergaryr 01:55 PM 06-19-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWinstonWolf View Post

... I was trying to hold out for the HD showing on friday, but I'm not sure I'm going to make it.

I didn't! This is just like BSG....watch it in SD to see what happens....then the rerun in HD.
DaveFi's Avatar DaveFi 04:19 PM 06-19-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by petergaryr View Post

I didn't! This is just like BSG....watch it in SD to see what happens....then the rerun in HD.

Well, then don't even hint at what comes next please.

As to "special powers", I think it's a long "leap" from being able to jump 2-stories or walk through a plate-glass window unharmed to having telekenetic powers. But what's done is done I suppose. It would have been nice if they developed his powers more slowly, but I suppose with only a 10-episode season they have to start things up relatively quickly.
CPanther95's Avatar CPanther95 04:53 PM 06-19-2007
Amazing that they could answer just about every key question between the Season 1 finale and Season 2 premier - yet the show maintains its "must see" status by coming up with an equally compelling direction moving forward.
VisionOn's Avatar VisionOn 05:23 PM 06-19-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPanther95 View Post

Amazing that they could answer just about every key question between the Season 1 finale and Season 2 premier - yet the show maintains its "must see" status by coming up with an equally compelling direction moving forward.

Yeah that was really gutsy or incredibly stupid. They pretty much solved his entire origin story, his purpose and his power in one episode.

Luckily I was never that excited by the conspiracy and origin stuff I just liked seeing him interact with the rest of the family and his school with quirky consequences. As long as they keep that dynamic I think it will work.

I'm not that thrilled about XX however.
trbarry's Avatar trbarry 06:53 PM 06-19-2007
I..will..NOT..watch..until..HD..Friday!

- Tom
DaveFi's Avatar DaveFi 06:56 PM 06-19-2007
Of course now he must, after discovering who XX is (a genetic double of himself, albeit female), bond with her, even while she's trying to kill him... I really hope it's not that predictable.
petergaryr's Avatar petergaryr 07:02 PM 06-19-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveFi View Post

Well, then don't even hint at what comes next please...

Don't believe I ever have.
rezzy's Avatar rezzy 10:40 PM 06-22-2007
Saw the very beginning of last night's show. Was quite reminiscent of the one episode of Smallville when the woman from Krypton suddenly showed up (last season?). PQ was terrible, BTW.
bobby94928's Avatar bobby94928 07:05 AM 06-23-2007
I noticed the picture quality as well. It looked like an upconvert.
Roger Lococco's Avatar Roger Lococco 07:05 AM 06-23-2007
I thought it was too similar to Terminator,I was practically expecting "nice night for a walk","Your clothes-give them to me",etc.
DaveFi's Avatar DaveFi 07:57 AM 06-23-2007
Wasn't on here. A documentary on Katrina was on in the Boston area.
petergaryr's Avatar petergaryr 08:57 AM 06-23-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby94928 View Post

I noticed the picture quality as well. It looked like an upconvert.

Good analog....that's what I was thinking.

XX is going to need some serious thearpy. And some clothes. Well, therapy anyway.
bicker1's Avatar bicker1 11:54 AM 06-23-2007
It was on here in Boston at 1:06 AM. Our TiVo caught the time change and recorded it for us.
DaveFi's Avatar DaveFi 01:32 PM 06-23-2007
Quote:

It was on here in Boston at 1:06 AM. Our TiVo caught the time change and recorded it for us.

Yeah, I didn't know enough to look for it later. I suppose that's why TiVo is good.
bicker1's Avatar bicker1 03:02 PM 06-23-2007
It was broadcast 4:3 gray pillar-boxed -- probably not HD. (My TiVo setting for letter-box and pillar-box is black, so I know that the pillar-boxes came from the broadcast.) Small consolation I suppose.
Garrett Adams's Avatar Garrett Adams 04:14 PM 06-23-2007
The Sacramento HD broadcast looked fine to me.
TheWinstonWolf's Avatar TheWinstonWolf 07:22 PM 06-27-2007
What was up with the PQ on episode 2. It definitely didn't look as clear as episode one did. Eh, oh well. The quality didn't bother me so much. I liked the episode.

They seem to be toying with the XX character, kind of just changing things up as they go along. It's kept my interest though. I'm wondering when they will finally try to give Kyle some kind of love interest to show how he deals with. Here's looking to next episode.
First ... 5  6  7 8  9  ... Last

Up