TWC Consumer Input Thread - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #91 of 685 Old 10-12-2006, 09:36 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi Diana, thanks for being here! I'm in the Dallas area and a recent Comcast convert. Sorry in advance for the long post!

1) The biggest issue I've had is a bug with my Moto 6412 III DVR which causes latency in response to commands entered via the remote control. For example, I'll tune into a football game and pause it for 30mins so I can skip commercials. When I'm ready to begin watching, I press the fast forward button twice on the remote to fast forward to the kickoff. The remote 'command received' light illuminates on the STB, and the program starts fast forwarding at the first ff speed, but the fast forward graphic either doesn't get painted on the screen, or only partially paints. I see the teams prepare for kickoff, and press a thrid command: play. But the STB hasn't finished executing the first ff command yet, and the program continues to fast forward. This can go on for seconds or as long as three minutes. Finally, the first command completes, the first ff graphic is painted, and the second two commands are executed in rapid succession. The game is now half way through the first quarter. I now hit the rewind button twice to get back to the kickoff, and the whole process repeats itself in reverse. This happens constantly, and is enormously frustrating. I have my remote programmed to operate my TV, and it works flawlessly... so the issue is specific to the STB. Calls to TWC customer service have not been productive. I've seen this behavior referenced in other threads and boards.

2) If I'm recording a program and attempt to change the channel, I get a prompt to either stop the recording and change the channel, or cancel the command. In order to keep recording, I instead have to manually switch to the second tuner, then change the channel. Shouldn't the DVR be smart enough to realize it has another tuner, and switch to it automatically? I just moved here in March from NY/Cablevision, and their SA8300HD box did this.

3) The Dallas channel lineup changed recently. Two things I don't understand...
a) In the new lineup, we now get a digital SD feed of the major networks (in addition to analog SD). I don't think Comcast did this. I know there are digital subscribers with SD televisions who would be interested in the digital SD feed, but is this really necessary? Since the changes, there's been a marked increase in motion artifacting, video, and audio dropouts on the HD channels.
b) The network HD channels are not mapped with the premium HD channels in the lineup. So I can easily search through premium HD programming in the guide, but to see network HD I have to wander through all the various network feeds (SD digital, SD analog, HD, subchannels, etc) for each network. Why not map the HD networks with the rest of the HD tier?

4) In the guide, the only description of each channel number is the local station call letters. Is it possible to include the network name (CBS, etc...), or a network icon? It would make it much easier to navigate the huge number of network feeds I mentioned above.

4) As has been stated by other posters, I'm very anxious for an expanded HD lineup and full bandwidth HD channels.

Again, thanks for being here!

Andy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 685 Old 10-14-2006, 11:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
whenever TWC decides to get new STB's I hope they get one's with the latest technology in them.

Like the use of VC1 and MPEG-4 compression.

As well as an HDMI inputs. HD set's have a limited amount of hdmi inputs, it would be good if the box could have 1 or 2 hdmi inputs & the ability to select which input would be displayed at any given time.

A third tuner to allow for up two 3 simultaneous recordings.

Multi-room capability sound interesting as well.

Email Melinda Witmer at TWC Corporate, the SENIOR VICE PRESIDENT & CHIEF PROGRAMMING OFFICER if you want more HD Channels!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #93 of 685 Old 10-14-2006, 03:01 PM

So it's been a week since Diana first posted... still there Diana? It would be funny if she lost this thread and never came back... .
post #94 of 685 Old 10-14-2006, 03:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoopahMan View Post

So it's been a week since Diana first posted... still there Diana? It would be funny if she lost this thread and never came back... .

I believe that she indicated that she would be busy moving to the new job.

Dave Hancock
post #95 of 685 Old 10-14-2006, 04:15 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 105
Suggested improvement to Moto 64xx DVR interface...

Today, if you are watching live TV or a recording and want to see how far along you are in the program/recording (e.g. 36 minutes into a 1 hour show), you must push the PLAY button (which on the silver remote is way up near the top of the remote, in a location that requires you actually look at the remote and lift your hand or fingers in order to press it... pretty inconvenient and non-ergonomic location). This is the only way the "fuel gauge" is presented, and no other information is displayed.

In contrast, if you push the perfectly and conveniently located INFO button (which you can always find even in the dark without looking, because of its particular location on the remote) you see lots of information about the program/recording... but you do NOT see the "fuel gauge" showing how far along you are in the program/recording.

I would like to suggest that the information presented when INFO is pushed also include the "fuel gauge" showing how far along you are in the program/recording. It may need to be relocated a bit from its standard placement when PLAY is pushed, or perhaps miniaturized or something, but it sure would be nice if the "progress" information conveyed by the "fuel gauge" were shown in addition to the other information displayed by INFO.
post #96 of 685 Old 10-15-2006, 02:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
One thing that drives me nuts is when I tune to TNT-HD and the video is not HD, but Stretched upconverted video.
Every single program on the guide is labeled as "HDTV",when in fact it isn't.
I don't know if this is a nationwide problem with all MSO's, other TWC division, or just my NYC division.

Email Melinda Witmer at TWC Corporate, the SENIOR VICE PRESIDENT & CHIEF PROGRAMMING OFFICER if you want more HD Channels!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #97 of 685 Old 10-15-2006, 02:40 PM

Awesome Diana, just checking - transitioning to new shoes can have a lot of surprise challenges, hope it all works out OK!
post #98 of 685 Old 10-15-2006, 03:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyHDTV View Post

One thing that drives me nuts is when I tune to TNT-HD and the video is not HD, but Stretched upconverted video.
Every single program on the guide is labeled as "HDTV",when in fact it isn't.
I don't know if this is a nationwide problem with all MSO's, other TWC division, or just my NYC division.

I think it is system-wide (all MSO's). Actually, quite a bit of their programming really is HD - and darn good HD at that (example, "The Closer" and "Saved"). I don't watch a lot of the reruns (Law & Order, etc., but I thought that more of them were being shown in HD as well.

I think the issue is that TNT-HD management had decided that EVERYTHING should be full-screen, even if the original was 4:3 SD. Thus, if the program is not true HD, they upconvert it & stretch it. This is true of even the commercials! Like the programs, some of them really are HD, though many are not.

Dave Hancock
post #99 of 685 Old 10-15-2006, 03:41 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snickering Hound View Post

Thanks for asking Diana, I'd have 2 suggestions:

1. Please take a hard look at the analog tier and see what channels you can move to the digital tier to free more space for High Definition programming. It would be nice to move some of those multiple home shopping channels into the digital tier for example.

2. Here in Houston we have 3 1080i HD channels sharing 621mhz, HD-Net, HD-Net Movies and TNT-HD. They are choked for bandwidth and the macroblocking is awful. Please give the HD channels the bandwidth they need to look good.

When you consider that subscribers are paying extra for the HD-Plus tier that HD-Net is a part, they should look much better than they do.

I don't know that the solution is eliminating Analog channels at this point. You would be surprised to know how passionate viewers are of each individual shopping channel and it is their very most favorite channel. Always remember every channel you hate and see no reason to have on the line up is another paying customers very most favorite channel.

That said - HD should not be encumbered and SDV should resolve those issues for you. Not as fast as you would like, but not so very far in the future.

Please also note Houston is no longer TWC, so I'm making an assumption that Comcast will address your issue on the same sort of timetable as TWC.

Diana Smith
Director of Marketing for Video Services

post #100 of 685 Old 10-15-2006, 03:44 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I also dislike the fact that their is rate shapping, but I rather have it then lose HD channels.

See the rock and hard place we are in....

Quote:

I know your not settled in yet at your new post but if you did know and was allowed to, could you give an ETA for when SDV would arrive at TWC's various divisions?
like NYC???

At this point I do not have that knowledge. I know its an idea repeated a couple of times through the posts and I understand all the reasons for wanting it. I also know that there are some customers who would scream bloody murder if we put up a projected date and missed it, so it would be tricky.

This is not a no, this is a promise to explore the possibility (its not something I can sign off on by myself) and to provide you a full explanation as to why or why not once that decision is made.

Diana Smith

post #101 of 685 Old 10-15-2006, 03:52 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathRay View Post

5. Better channel groupings in the guide. The way our channel listing is set up now is awful since you have to skip over dozens of channels that you either don't get or don't want while scrolling through the guide (main network at one end, good cable nets somewhere in the middle, and HD channels at the end, all intermixed with random PPV, VOD, foreign, and radio channels)

7. Free HBO on-demand for people who subscribe to HBO (having to pay extra is ridiculous)

9. The ability to access the DVR from a second TV

5. I don't know the lineup in your area but many systems employ Network Neighborhooding. Within TWC, channel lineup falls under individual system/division responsibility

7. "Embedded SVOD" is in the works throughout the TWC footprint. I cannot provide a timeline for the completion throughout the country.

9. We tested Multiroom DVRs in South Carolina - in fact I still have a beta in my living room for 2 more weeks (then I have to give it up). That said there were still too many issues to launch. We provided SA a laundry list of things to address before we would consider launching in SC. To date, these issues have not been addressed. (And I really don't want to give up mine because of recordings I have not MR functionality)

Diana Smith

post #102 of 685 Old 10-15-2006, 04:00 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin1 View Post

Edit: This touches on hardware that affects the guide as much as anything, but second generation cable card specs supposedly provide for bi-directional communication which, I am told, is necessary for the guides to operate. I have to believe that TWC has enough economic "clout" to get these things manufactured if they want to do so. Consumers want them even if VOD capability is lost...yes, I know that TWC does not like the prospect of losing VOD, but people actually want to be able to use cable cards for SageTV or even MS MediaCenter boxes which they would purchase on their own which would not be restricted to the two channel limitation of the SA 8000/8300 boxes. TWC has several conflicting interests as both content provider and cable operator, but it should be clear by now that customers want more and better capabilities than are currently offered with the SA boxes and (first generation) current cable cards.

M Cards are in production at SA, TWC Divisions should begin to receive a quantity after the first of the year - BUT, the 2 way M cards don't automatically upgrade existing 1 way devices... the vast majority on the market today (and what people have purchased for the past 3(?) years)) is still 1 way and will continue to be so going forward.

In my opinion, the 2 way card with a device is great - the existing one way devices are antiquated already and with SDV they will lose programming. This is not TWCs way to force people to spend more for equipment, its TWCs way to continue to offer programming and advanced technology customers demand.

By the way - I don't intend to spend any additional time posting about one-way cable cards or any perceived devious plan by cable companys to thwart this technology. I'll be a very happy camper when the 2 way technology is available for both cards and equipment.

Diana Smith

post #103 of 685 Old 10-15-2006, 04:03 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk View Post

If you come through with some of these enhancements, I'll change my name to IlliniOwnJayhawks!

deal

Diana Smith

post #104 of 685 Old 10-15-2006, 04:06 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazywoody View Post

I Also will navigator have the manual recording option?Could you at least list the recording options that will be available.Thanking you for your concern over TWC customers.(It's a refreashing change)

I don't know yet - my first couple of weeks will be boot camp then I can answer more specifics.

Diana Smith

post #105 of 685 Old 10-15-2006, 04:07 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trtjj View Post

will TWC increase the bandwidth in my area. Every time a football game or season premier like "Lost" i get massive drop outs and pixelation. New York City. Manhattan East 89th street

SDV will be rolled out in all TWC Divisions in the foreseeable future. This will increase your bandwidth.

(But, no, I don't know when....)

Diana Smith

post #106 of 685 Old 10-15-2006, 04:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Location: Houston, Texas Comcast SA 8300HD DVRs Guide S25 Phase 1 with Patch
Quote:
Originally Posted by DianaTWCSC View Post

I don't know that the solution is eliminating Analog channels at this point. You would be surprised to know how passionate viewers are of each individual shopping channel and it is their very most favorite channel. Always remember every channel you hate and see no reason to have on the line up is another paying customers very most favorite channel.

That said - HD should not be encumbered and SDV should resolve those issues for you. Not as fast as you would like, but not so very far in the future.

Please also note Houston is no longer TWC, so I'm making an assumption that Comcast will address your issue on the same sort of timetable as TWC.

Houston is still TWC at least until sometime in the first quarter of 2007.

Quote:
Houston, TX -

Time Warner Cable/Comcast Official Statement

The Houston Division of Time Warner Cable is jointly owned by a 50-50 venture between Time Warner Cable and Comcast. During the period of joint ownership, Time Warner Cable assumed management for the Houston Division. Other divisions included in this partnership are Southwest Texas and Kansas City.

Both companies have been involved in the purchase of Adelphia cable systems across the country and are in a series of trades and swaps for control of various cable markets.

Despite Time Warner Cable’s strong presence in Texas and the appeal of continuing to operate Houston as part of its Texas cluster, the Company has selected the Kansas City-Southwest Texas pool. Both of the pools contain very attractive, well-managed cable properties. The decision to select the systems in Kansas City, Southwest Texas and New Mexico was driven by economic considerations stemming from the fact that the entire $2 billion debt from the partnership had been placed on the Houston properties. This decision is consistent with our strategy of expansion through acquisition of systems that are attractively valued.

Time Warner Cable’s presence in Texas expanded from 2.1 million to 2.7 million subscribers after the recent Adelphia transaction concluded. It is expected that once the dissolution of the partnership is concluded, Time Warner Cable will still manage 1.9 million customers in Texas and remain the primary cable provider in the State.

Comcast is the country’s largest cable provider and has a strong reputation for providing the very best in products and services to its customers.

The dissolution of the partnership is subject to customary closing conditions, including regulatory and franchise review and approvals. The transaction is not expected to close before the first quarter of 2007.

Our 2,000-plus TWC employees will continue to strive to provide our customers the excellent products and services that they are accustomed to. Our desire to achieve high levels of customer satisfaction will not waver.

http://www.timewarnercable.com/Inves...23&MarketID=19

Links:

post #107 of 685 Old 10-15-2006, 04:11 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post

My biggest issue is one I have never received a satisfactory answer to despite speaking to many CSR and tech support people at TWC. In NYC the Rangers games broadcast by MSG-HD are aired on channel 712. Unfortunately, I am usually not able to set this channel to record in advance, as when I try an error message appears that says "unrecordable channel." Once the game starts (usually 7pm) the program can be manually recorded...but it totally defeats the purpose of paying for a DVR if you have to be home when the program is on so that you can record it. This issue has been ongoing for more than a year now and nobody can explain it. As a die hard Rangers fan this is beyond frustrating.

Ok - I'm going to go out on a limb and make a guess. I 'think' this is very similar to the situation in SC where the Braves games are on a HD Bonus channel. Since this is not a regularly programmed channel, someone (in SC, me) would have to manually get each game added on a daily basis. Personally I could never fit it into my day on a consistent basis - much to the ire of some Columbia DMA posters who took me to task for 'lack' of action.

Again, I don't know for sure about the Ranger games from MSG - but I'm guess the manual nature of it was the actual barrier.

Diana Smith

post #108 of 685 Old 10-15-2006, 04:16 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan2112 View Post

Why do we need 78 analog channels? What percentage of subscribers have a digital box on their main TV?

Because around 1/2 of all customers have no digital equipment at all and they are paying for the full lineup. HD Bandwidth can be gained via SDV without taking channels from other customers.

Quote:

This is more of an equipment issue: why are we limited to 2 recordings at the same time ?

Because there are only two tuners in the current DVRs

Quote:

Why does TWC have one level of STB's? By that I mean Joe Doesn'tCare gets the same box as all of us on this board. Couldn't you make more money by providing a premium STB with more features?

There is already a plan in the works - no ETA.

Diana Smith

post #109 of 685 Old 10-15-2006, 04:18 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRAMOS1965 View Post

nyc I see time warner keeps adding indemand channels Doesn't some of those channel take up some bandwith .they upgraded manhattan 10 years ago didn't they thought when they upgrade that hd channel would take up room wasn't time warner prepared for these channels that where coming up. I thought the main lines that ran underneath the street where fiber optic

I know someone else already responded to you, but I wanted to confirm you are talking about On Demand channels - which take up 0 bandwidth because they are a stream.

The old near VOD channels named "in demand" are actually shrinking in quantity.

Diana Smith

post #110 of 685 Old 10-15-2006, 04:21 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Mason View Post

so my question is what changes have developed as a result of S. Carolina's early SDV additions? Also, could you outline what head-end and other local equipment changes are needed for TWC's SDV technology?

I don't really understand the first question as to changes?

I can't outline headend equipment changes because that's way over my head

No local equiment changes are required for SDV, works on existing digital converters.

Diana Smith

post #111 of 685 Old 10-15-2006, 04:23 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe221 View Post

. Maybe if it works here it will roll out more?? I thought we were catching up with the rest of TWC?? :

Again network neighborhoods are available in systems / divisions around the country based on local management decisions. Personally I've had a neighborhood lineup since 1994 back in Champaign, IL.

Diana Smith

post #112 of 685 Old 10-15-2006, 04:25 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmp_nyc View Post

I want sports events in the guide to tell me the teams. During the baseball season, if I go to the Extra Innings package channels in the guide, every channel simply says MLB Baseball. Perhaps something a bit more descriptive would be helpful. And if I could set parental controls such that my child can't watch any game that uses a designated hitter, that would be a bonus. I don't want him exposed to such subversive concepts. (I'm kidding on that last point.)
-JMP

my MLB provides team names as you go through the guide???

I guess we have ruled out you being a Yankee fan...

Diana Smith

post #113 of 685 Old 10-15-2006, 04:28 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Another feature that would be useful, especially given the failure rate of the 8300, would be a way to export one's subscription lists and move them to a new DVR.

Very cool idea!

Quote:

What I'd really love, although it might be impractical, would be for TWC's cablecard support to improve so that those of us who are willing to pay for such a device could just get a Tivo series 3. I would go out and get one today, but I fear that it'll stop working for the channels I really want as soon as SDV comes to my area...
-JMP

Tivo 3 is one way... so it will not provide SDV channels.

Its the device!!! not TWC's cablecard support!!!

Diana Smith

post #114 of 685 Old 10-15-2006, 04:29 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

many radio stations across the country have transitioned to Digital Radio and it would be nice if these signals could be routed to the STB in addition to Music Choice. Most of us already have our STB hooked up to a receiver.

Has to be XM though - XM has Big Ten!

Diana Smith

post #115 of 685 Old 10-15-2006, 04:31 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashdumy View Post

I was one of the early ones given the new navigator.

There are 3 beta sites - which city are you in if you don't mind sharing?

Diana Smith

post #116 of 685 Old 10-15-2006, 04:35 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionOn View Post

not whatever TW feels like showing that week. It's totally inconsistent.

TWC provides what is sent from the programmer. If there is inconsistency I suggest you send some of the complaints towards the programmer as well.

Diana Smith

post #117 of 685 Old 10-15-2006, 04:39 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mac View Post

Some great ideas being put forward here.

I'm out in SoCal and like Joe, transitioning from Adelphia. TW seems to be handling the whole transition thing pretty well, but I'm frankly confused as to the TV side of things:

1) Transition website (twcusoon.com) states that I can retain my current Adelphia selection and pricing package. Literature received in the mail today (which incidentally, was dated September 17 with a return address about 15 miles from here!) states that "The following packages will no longer be offered" and goes on to list the various Adelphia packages like bronze, silver etc., the inference being that I have to switch to a TW package. Which is correct?

2) Channel lineup online shows either Adelphia tier structure or TW tier structure, depending on whether I choose when I first got cable service as before or after September 18, 2006. Literature received today (see above) only shows the channels listed by their Adelphia "tiers". Again, what's the story?

3) Why no info on DVR equipment rental costs anywhere? All it says is "equipment extra". I don't have any DVRs at the moment, but would possibly be interested in 2 if I had the facts on costs to hand.

4) Do "transitionees" (if that isnt a word, it ought to be!) qualify for any TW new customer discounts? Reports on some forums indicate that this is the case.

5) Questions and Requests for info submitted via the twcusoon site get an auto-acknowledge and generally nothing else.

Don't get me wrong, this is not a shot at TW. I've been impressed by the efforts they're going to to make this work smoothly. And it IS a massive task. However, there's no excuse for lack of or conflicting information.

twcUsoon was pretty much a national site that local systems/divisions could edit to a degree. "I Think" you need to follow the direction in the letters because they were sent by the local system at a point in time after the acquisition when details for transition to TWC packaging and pricing could be finalized.

call or email your local office with questions.

Diana Smith

post #118 of 685 Old 10-15-2006, 04:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Location: Houston, Texas Comcast SA 8300HD DVRs Guide S25 Phase 1 with Patch
Are there any additional sources for information about TWC Digital Navigator other than the Time Warner Cable Navigator Forum and the TWC Nebraska site that it links to? Is there a User's Guide?

Links:

post #119 of 685 Old 10-15-2006, 04:44 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by arubertd View Post

Hi Diana, thanks for being here! I'm in the Dallas area and a recent Comcast convert. Sorry in advance for the long post!

1) The biggest issue I've had is a bug with my Moto 6412 III DVR which causes latency in response to commands entered via the remote control. For example, I'll tune into a football game and pause it for 30mins so I can skip commercials. When I'm ready to begin watching, I press the fast forward button twice on the remote to fast forward to the kickoff. The remote 'command received' light illuminates on the STB, and the program starts fast forwarding at the first ff speed, but the fast forward graphic either doesn't get painted on the screen, or only partially paints. I see the teams prepare for kickoff, and press a thrid command: play. But the STB hasn't finished executing the first ff command yet, and the program continues to fast forward. This can go on for seconds or as long as three minutes. Finally, the first command completes, the first ff graphic is painted, and the second two commands are executed in rapid succession. The game is now half way through the first quarter. I now hit the rewind button twice to get back to the kickoff, and the whole process repeats itself in reverse. This happens constantly, and is enormously frustrating. I have my remote programmed to operate my TV, and it works flawlessly... so the issue is specific to the STB. Calls to TWC customer service have not been productive. I've seen this behavior referenced in other threads and boards.

2) If I'm recording a program and attempt to change the channel, I get a prompt to either stop the recording and change the channel, or cancel the command. In order to keep recording, I instead have to manually switch to the second tuner, then change the channel. Shouldn't the DVR be smart enough to realize it has another tuner, and switch to it automatically? I just moved here in March from NY/Cablevision, and their SA8300HD box did this.

3) The Dallas channel lineup changed recently. Two things I don't understand...
a) In the new lineup, we now get a digital SD feed of the major networks (in addition to analog SD). I don't think Comcast did this. I know there are digital subscribers with SD televisions who would be interested in the digital SD feed, but is this really necessary? Since the changes, there's been a marked increase in motion artifacting, video, and audio dropouts on the HD channels.
b) The network HD channels are not mapped with the premium HD channels in the lineup. So I can easily search through premium HD programming in the guide, but to see network HD I have to wander through all the various network feeds (SD digital, SD analog, HD, subchannels, etc) for each network. Why not map the HD networks with the rest of the HD tier?

4) In the guide, the only description of each channel number is the local station call letters. Is it possible to include the network name (CBS, etc...), or a network icon? It would make it much easier to navigate the huge number of network feeds I mentioned above.

4) As has been stated by other posters, I'm very anxious for an expanded HD lineup and full bandwidth HD channels.

Again, thanks for being here!

Andy

Thanks for the input. Unfortunately I have zero experience with MOTOs to date, so I can't address your specific bugs. Nor can I explain why the decisions were made on your local lineup as they were. I was not privy to the decisions.

As far as the guide. The local system can put the affiliation in the short description on the left hand side of the guide. I suggest you call them or send an email with your request.

Diana Smith

post #120 of 685 Old 10-15-2006, 04:46 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by davehancock View Post

I think it is system-wide (all MSO's). Actually, quite a bit of their programming really is HD - and darn good HD at that (example, "The Closer" and "Saved"). I don't watch a lot of the reruns (Law & Order, etc., but I thought that more of them were being shown in HD as well.

I think the issue is that TNT-HD management had decided that EVERYTHING should be full-screen, even if the original was 4:3 SD. Thus, if the program is not true HD, they upconvert it & stretch it. This is true of even the commercials! Like the programs, some of them really are HD, though many are not.

absolutely correct Dave

Diana Smith

Reply Cable, Digital Cable - Non-HDTV

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page