MLB Preseason Baseball - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2007, 05:19 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
hunter65's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 568
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I tuned in at 1:00 to see the Yankees/Twins on YES. I'm out of the NY area. The game was blacked out but when I came back and checked in the 8th inning, the game was on. Des anyone know why they might have lifted the blackout?
hunter65 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-01-2007, 05:33 PM
Senior Member
 
Left Jeff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Edwardsville, IL
Posts: 298
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I believe after x number of hours they lift the blackout rules...like if the game is scehduled for 1:00, at 4:00 they might lift the blackout.
Left Jeff is offline  
Old 03-01-2007, 06:13 PM
Member
 
rcman2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Ferguson, MO
Posts: 93
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter65 View Post

I tuned in at 1:00 to see the Yankees/Twins on YES. I'm out of the NY area. The game was blacked out but when I came back and checked in the 8th inning, the game was on. Des anyone know why they might have lifted the blackout?


I don't know what service you have but I have D* and Sportspack and the game was not supposed to be blacked out. They did the same thing on the NYM/STL game as well. They did lift the blackout for the Yanks game during the 1st and the Mets during the 4th.
rcman2 is offline  
Old 03-01-2007, 06:41 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
hunter65's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 568
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcman2 View Post

I don't know what service you have but I have D* and Sportspack and the game was not supposed to be blacked out. They did the same thing on the NYM/STL game as well. They did lift the blackout for the Yanks game during the 1st and the Mets during the 4th.

I have D*. The rebroadcast of the yankees game is still blacked out after an hour and forty minutes.
hunter65 is offline  
Old 03-01-2007, 07:00 PM
Member
 
rcman2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Ferguson, MO
Posts: 93
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter65 View Post

I have D*. The rebroadcast of the yankees game is still blacked out after an hour and forty minutes.

Same here. I am able to watch the delayed broadcast of the CHW/Rockies on FSRM.
rcman2 is offline  
Old 03-02-2007, 08:35 PM
Senior Member
 
BobKat6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Whiting, NJ (NYC Market)
Posts: 337
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Most, if not all of the YES games this spring will be carried by MLB.TV this year and their ad says "no blackouts". You can get 350K for $15 and 700K for $20. So about $1 per game.
BobKat6 is offline  
Old 03-12-2007, 05:22 PM
Senior Member
 
BobKat6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Whiting, NJ (NYC Market)
Posts: 337
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Tonights Yankees @ Red Sox is live on MLB.TV and will be rebroadcast on YES at 11:00 PM. (Eastern Daylight Time)
BobKat6 is offline  
 
Thread Tools


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off