Nuvo Concerto vs Grand Concerto - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 07-14-2008, 08:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I did find a couple of older threads addressing this, but wanted to get some feedback...

While the keypads of the Grand Concerto are pretty slick, is there are big enough difference between the two systems to justify the large difference in price? On Ebay, I can pick up a Concerto for $800-$900, while the Grand Concerto goes for $2k and up.

I'm looking for basic whole-house audio for 6-7 zones - at some point tying in some sort of video distribution (ala Audio Authority Avatrix or something similar). At this point, I don't have any plans for any type of serious home automation. If I do go down that route, it'd likely be some kind of home-brew DIY solution vs. a CI solution.

I'm currently building a new place and will be doing the low-voltage prewire myself in a few weeks time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 07-22-2008, 03:32 PM

I have limited experience with Nuvo, but can say that the Grand Concerto will offer you meta data on sources such as ipods and hard drives. You can see all your songs and playlists off your ipod for instance on your keypads. With a concerto, you cannot do this and it limits the usability of the system quite a bit over the Grand Concerto.
post #3 of 4 Old 07-23-2008, 03:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by golovemd View Post

I have limited experience with Nuvo, but can say that the Grand Concerto will offer you meta data on sources such as ipods and hard drives. You can see all your songs and playlists off your ipod for instance on your keypads. With a concerto, you cannot do this and it limits the usability of the system quite a bit over the Grand Concerto.

That's not entirely true. While plug-n-play it may not be, I send MetaData from my server mp3s (I don't have an I-pod) to the keypads. I can send essentially anything (Caller ID, weather, etc.) It takes further integration into a wholehouse control system like CQC (which is what I use), but the keypads are fully capable of receiving data. Granted, you have a single scrolling line and not the nicer 8 lines of the Grand, but for the price difference, I'm very happy with the standard Concerto.
post #4 of 4 Old 07-23-2008, 08:31 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the responses. Metadata isn't much of a concern to me at this point. It's hard to argue the aesthetics of the Grand Concerto keypad vs. the older button-happy Concerto. On the other hand, the price savings would pay for speakers and a zone amp for an additional zone...
Reply Home A/V Distribution

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page