Russound A-BUS - Popping sound when adjusting volume - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 10-19-2008, 09:47 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm helping a friend install the Russound A-Bus system, and we're getting a popping sound when adjusting the volume. It happens when using both the keypad and the remote.

He's using the A-H484 Hub and the A-K2 Keypad.

Another strange side-note -- we could hear an AM radio station playing through the speaker (faintly in the background with the volume cranked). There was nothing hooked up to the hub when this was happening! I'm not sure if it's related or not, but I thought I'd mention it.

I have the same system in my home, and have never ran into the popping volume sound issue, so I'm baffled.

If anyone has any troubleshooting tips or suggestions (other than don't ever use Russound A-Bus ), I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 10-20-2008, 07:08 AM
Advanced Member

I have that exact same issue with my AH484.
I'll be watching for resolution, as I hate it!
I figured it was just normal.
post #3 of 7 Old 10-21-2008, 06:11 PM
Advanced Member

My post won't help you but I have the same keypads and hub and have had no trouble with the popping noise or interference. Is the keypad close to electrical by chance?

I really like the abus system quite a bit.

Not to hijack the thread but I'm looking at Russounds RC61s speakers, do you have any experience with Russound speakers?

Tom
post #4 of 7 Old 10-22-2008, 05:36 AM

Snapping is typical as the amplification is done at the keypad. I have had clients complain in the past and sometimes i change out the keypads and problem fixed. In terms of hearing AM that seems strange considering you don't have a radio hooked up. There is somethign called an always on state and at times you can hear faint noise from the speakers but i have no help for you on hearing the radio.
post #5 of 7 Old 10-22-2008, 05:42 AM
Advanced Member

AFAIK, every one of my keypads (8) makes the IR noises. At high volume (or worse, the volume is high and the source is paused), it is rather annoying.
post #6 of 7 Old 10-22-2008, 02:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdm73 View Post

Another strange side-note -- we could hear an AM radio station playing through the speaker (faintly in the background with the volume cranked). There was nothing hooked up to the hub when this was happening! I'm not sure if it's related or not, but I thought I'd mention it.

It's likely a strong, close by radio station whose signal is getting into the amplifier. A non-linear portion of the amp will detect the signal which is then amplified so you can faintly hear it. Probably not much you can do about it.

Carl
Curmudgeon Elektroniker
post #7 of 7 Old 05-03-2012, 01:00 PM

Hi all, i have had an ABUS system installed for about 8 years now and have been very happy with it. I have an issue that has suddenly arisen...

I have a system that is set up with the zone cat5 connections in the box in the basement - in my living room i have a small black box that connects to the wall via CAT5 (run to the basement module) and that black box has a R/W audio input. I have my Uverse box inputting into those R/W connectors.

When I turn on any of my keypads in the house, i can hear an audible hissing that gets worse the louder you put the speakers.

Has anyone encountered this? Could it be that connections are getting 'dusty' or something either within the downstairs main box or the black box module behind my Uverse box and causing interference? If so is there a right/wrong way to clean them?

Or is it something more sinister like my black box input or module in the basement is going bad?

ANY help or thoughts to try and troubleshoot would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks

-Stu
Reply Home A/V Distribution

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page