Need help replacing niles tva20 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 12-31-2008, 09:53 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have used a niles tva20 in my bedroom to switch between whole house audio and the tv in the bedroom. I have gone out and bought a new lcd tv and it does not have variable audio output so I have no way of controlling the volume to the tv. Does anyone know of a box that would be similiar to the niles but allow controlling of the volume. I tried sending audio out of the tv to a receiver and then out to the niles but the receiver volume control would not adjust the level out of receiver. I just need to control the volume of the tv audio going to the niles some how. Thanks for any help and suggestions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 11-16-2012, 03:59 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I've got an old Niles TVA-20 that I've had for a number of yrs that up until a recent TV change has worked flawlessly. In switching out the two sets I can not control the audio that passes thru the TVA-20. I didn't do anything differently with the connections. Can anyone provide a solution? The Niles still works so I don't think the answer is to replace it. Thanks in advance.
post #3 of 3 Old 11-16-2012, 09:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 77
If your TV has a headphone jack, use it for audio out.

Buy a TV with variable audio output.

Bring a pair of headphones to the store, to make sure it works.

If the TV has fixed audio out, and you can't return it, buy an AVR to replace the switching amp.

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. -Buddha

Give a monkey a brain and he'll swear he's the center of the universe. -Fishbone
Reply Home A/V Distribution

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page