Home Theater Direct MA-1265 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 01-18-2009, 05:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Anyone have any experiences they would like to share regarding this system?
I have a whole house that I would like to equip with audio in every room (12 rooms).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 01-24-2009, 03:01 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
none with it, however i like their speakers
post #3 of 6 Old 01-24-2009, 07:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by bird man View Post

Anyone have any experiences they would like to share regarding this system?
I have a whole house that I would like to equip with audio in every room (12 rooms).

Don't have the amplifiers but have two controllers. The key pads are easy to setup and build quality looks decent for the price. I have not finished setting up my system however so I can's speak for sound quality.

I'm considering getting rid of my four Elan Z660's and replace them with two HTD amps because the Elan apparently does not have 12 v trigger. If you try the 1265 please post your opinion, I would definitely be interested to know.

mk
post #4 of 6 Old 01-25-2009, 02:06 PM - Thread Starter

My home is going through a renovation right now so I have plenty of time to plan things.
In another thread under "HTD OWNERS" I posted my purchase of HD-R80 and HD-W80 8 inch speakers.
They both sound alike. The only difference are the shapes.
The person doing my whole house wiring introduced me to the Proficient C645 Kevlar speakers (6.5 inch).
As a test, I had the two brands installed in a wall and hooked them to a Yamaha R-1000 receiver.
The results: Proficients had a more complete upper range but lacked the bass the 8 inch HTD produced.
The HTD had a midrange that was missing (It is not noticeable until a comparison is done with the 6.5 inch Proficient C645's.)

I like the full upper range of the Proficients and the bass of the HTD's.
The HTD's are great speakers for the money.
The Proficients (8 inch) are about 50 bucks more.

So, I am mulling on a decision to go either the HTD's or the Proficients C850 speakers ( 8 inch size to make up for the missing bass in the C645).

Till that is resolved, I will wait on the MA-1265 amp.
post #5 of 6 Old 09-27-2012, 10:54 AM

I purchased the Home Theater Direct 12 discrete channel amplifier (MA-1235) back in 2008 to power a 10 speaker, whole house stereo system in 5 rooms. It's been a WONDERFUL piece of equipment and performed flawlessly until a recent lightning storm which caused 3 of the 12 channels to stop working. Since I was only powering 10 speakers, I could have continued to operate with just 10 channels but not 9.

I requested a return order from HTD and received instructions to return it to them. After they received it, they determined that the main board was fried, AND THAT THEY WOULD FIX IT FOR FREE!! This company has my everlasting support as they fixed it OUT OF WARRANTY for FREE.

Don't think twice in buying from this company. They're products are tops and they stand behind what they sell.

Rich in Atlanta smile.gif
post #6 of 6 Old 10-02-2012, 05:25 PM

Just finished pre-wiring my new house for a Lync 6 HTD system, can't wait to get it installed. There seems to be nothing but positives about HTD on this forum, always great to read continued great reviews!
Reply Home A/V Distribution

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page