How to send a clear wireless video/audio signal from one tv to another? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 03-30-2009, 04:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
My parents have a satellite dish they use for European TV. The box for it is hooked up to the tv in their bedroom. My father connected some sort of wireless device that plugs into the box and sends the signal to a receiver that's hooked up to the TV in the downstairs living room.

The wireless thing doesn't work very well and the picture and audio in the living room comes out very scratchy and the audio all screwed up. It gets even worse when the microwave is turned on. I doubt the one my father bought is of good quality. Can you guys recommend another wireless video/audio sender. I don't think drilling and running wires is an option. They don't really mind having to go upstairs to change the channel if needed because they usually only watch a couple of them anyway.

Someone on another forum recommended this, is it any good? :
http://www.x10.com/products4/google/...1dc043434c01f2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 03-31-2009, 08:11 AM
AVS Special Member

I assume this is a standard def PAL signal?

I believe the X10 product will work for that. There's also one from Terk http://www.google.com/products/catal...ult#ps-sellers. I believe they both also transmit the IR remote signals. Don't know which is better.

Carl
Curmudgeon Elektroniker
post #3 of 6 Old 04-08-2009, 05:33 PM - Thread Starter

sorry I don't know if it's a standard def PAL signal or even what a PAL signal is it's not hight definition or anything.

do you know if there is any product that won't be affected by the microwave? when the microwave is turned on the audio/video signal in the living room gets very distorted. my parents room (where the satelite box is located) is right above the kitchen/ living room (where the receiving unit and tv is located).

if not that's ok. as long as the picture and audio signal is clear on the other end, even if only when the microwave is turned off, my parents would be thrilled.

crutshow, is that Terk leapfrog unit a good quality one or just a random example you linked?

thanks for the help!
post #4 of 6 Old 04-09-2009, 07:22 AM
AVS Special Member

If the upstairs and downstairs locations are close, why not run a Cat5e cable and use composite baluns? http://www.avovercat5.com/products/avov1a2.htm

Maybe Cat5e could be run under the carpet or right through the outside wall and back in the house to where their other tv is located. It would be a small hole and the Cat5 could probably be easily hid outdoors on the house or behind siding. A little work, but a good alternative. That would give you the best signal, short of buying another sat box.

Just my .02
post #5 of 6 Old 04-09-2009, 12:06 PM
Vin
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by types View Post

do you know if there is any product that won't be affected by the microwave? when the microwave is turned on the audio/video signal in the living room gets very distorted. my parents room (where the satelite box is located) is right above the kitchen/ living room (where the receiving unit and tv is located).

This 5.8GHz system gets very good reviews and it shouldn't be affected by the microwave since it's operates at a different frequency....I don't have any personal experience with it though.

Vin
post #6 of 6 Old 07-15-2009, 05:43 PM

I own the RF-Link 5.8 GHz system and am currently looking for a replacement. It is "ok" but has difficulty sending a clean signal from my bedroom to my kitchen which is only about 30 feet. I could use some help finding something different to use if anyone minds giving me some ideas. Problem is with my kitchen tv is on an island that only has a power outlet. No other connections. Is there a way to get the signal to the tv via powerline ethernet connection? Not sure how it would break out from the module to the tv but just thinking. Thanks for any help.
Reply Home A/V Distribution

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page