I have a 3-zone Home Audio system powered by a Yamaha RX-V2700, which works great for me. I do have one dilemma and want to know the best solution to solve it. My zone 3 is the back porch and pool deck and has two pairs of speakers, one pair for the pool deck and another for the porch. I need to know the best solution / device to POWER zone 3.
Here are my requirements:
1) Two-channel stereo RCA stereo input.
2) Speaker outputs for 2 pairs of speakers.
3) I need to be able to balance the pool and porch speakers with a fader control or Left/Right control, because, for example, I may want the pool deck speakers turned off at night. I have to be able to do this fade/balance because the speakers on the pool deck need to be louder then the ones on the porch. For that reason a MUTE for one pair of speakers alone will not work.
4) However a MUTE for one pair of speakers would be a nice to have feature but not required.
5) Simple Treble / Bass Control.
6) 100 Watts per channel is more than adequate.
7) Good sound quality.
9) prefer smallish in terms of form factor
HERE is what I DON'T need. (Would rather not pay for features I don't need)
2) multiple inputs and outputs
3) to spend a lot of money
For background, this task was being performed by a Pioneer SX255R stereo receiver a friend gave me. It has left / right fade and even A/B speaker switches. But the fact is it sounded crappy from day one and it gave up the ghost over the winter. I'd rather not buy another stereo receiver and pay for stuff and features I don't need.
So ultimately I have two questions:
1) Is there some device other than a full stereo receiver that can give me what I need. If so, what?
2) If it turns out an older stereo receiver IS the best device to suit my needs, what should I buy and where should I buy it?
Thanks ahead of time,