Recommend a 2Ghz 8 Way Drop amp... - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 04-24-2009, 03:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm wiring up the house and have a little cabinet set aside from all ethernet / cable / telephone connections. And while right now I'm only running digital cable (which I know only needs 1Ghz attenuation) - there's a possibility of moving to Dish this year sometime. And right now I'm also getting my internet via the Cable company - also could change...

So If I'm going to buy the unit, I'm going to do it right the first time. You know, have a little headroom for the future.

Now I've been looking and keep coming up against the 1Ghz barrier in 8 way drop amps. Is this inherent in all drop amps or am I not looking in the right place?

Thanks
Mark Santora
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 04-25-2009, 07:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 31
There are no 8-output drop amps that have a bandwidth of 5MHz-2GHz. If you do go with satellite, you won't need an amp as many 8-output multiswitches have internal amplifiers. If it's a SWM with DirecTV, the receivers can be up to a couple hundred feet from the SWM module.

Your cable modem line should not be amplified, so you wouldn't need one that goes down that low, anyway.

CIAO!

Ed N.
post #3 of 3 Old 04-26-2009, 10:22 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by egnlsn View Post

There are no 8-output drop amps that have a bandwidth of 5MHz-2GHz. If you do go with satellite, you won't need an amp as many 8-output multiswitches have internal amplifiers. If it's a SWM with DirecTV, the receivers can be up to a couple hundred feet from the SWM module.

Your cable modem line should not be amplified, so you wouldn't need one that goes down that low, anyway.

Ed.

Thanks for the reply man. I was pretty certain I would be ok - but I just wanted to make sure I wasn't dropping the coin on something that wouldn't be what I need in a few months.

Mark
Reply Home A/V Distribution

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page