Actiontec MI424WR - a cheap MoCA bridge for all! - Page 19 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes

post #541 of 1225 Old 08-16-2010, 07:17 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have the netgear moca unit. I bought a 5-2400mhz splitter from ram, model S02-02-kg. When I split the Fios connection, one to the moca box and one to the stb, I lose the menu & vod. Is the problem withthe type of splitter? Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #542 of 1225 Old 08-18-2010, 11:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Location: Been all over. Currently living in upperstate NY in the Capital District area.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xnappo View Post

I think it must have something to do with packet management or something.

I am assuming that when people are experimenting with CAT5 vs. the Actiontecs, when going through the Actiontecs you are also going through a router? I would be curious to see if it works any better using the Actiontec as a router (though we know it has issues with NAT tables, I don't think that would hurt here).

I am also very curious about the Netgear models - if someone tries them please report:
- Does the issue go away using two Netgears
- Does the issue go away using a Netgear only at the sending side
- Does the issue go away using a Netgear only at the receiving side

xnappo

Actually I am slowly resolving all my stuttering issues and it isn't the Actiontecs... well it does appear to be partly thier fault but I bet even the new units will have the same issue.

The Playon!HD I am testing will down mix TrueHD (or do a passthrough) and also downmix Dolby Digital Plus. All my files played fine over a 100bT cat5 network, and work on the Actiontec ethernet switch if everthing is on the same unit. My problem started when I went over coax, but... not all files were having a problem. In fact most of my HD DVD and Bluray rips worked, and everything is in 1080p.

I looked at all the ones that were stuttering over coax and they are all TrueHD or DD+. What I did was to run the rips through tsMuxer and down converted the HD audio and so far 9 out of the 18 that stutter are playing fine over coax... I have to do the other 9 yet but I am sure they will work.

So what's happening if they play fine on ethernet but not over coax? I think there is a slight hit in packets and timing, enough that the timing was off just enough for the Playon! to have a hard time internally downconverting the HD Audio.

It makes sense to me and right now is plausible enough to be the problem. Plus when I removed the HD audio track the problem went away...

This will be a show stopper for some people who must have True HD. Me? Well most discs still don't have HD audio, and even the ones that do, the movie at the theater was still done in 5.1 (for most). Thing is unless you're using an HTPC or something like a Dune player, probably 99.9% of the media streamers don't do true HD audio. Most either downmix it or do a passthrough. I am fine with the downmix. So pretty much what I did was to downmix the source file instead of having my streaming device wait for the HD Audio packets and then internally downmix. Either way it is getting downconverted so it doesn't matter to me if I do it at the source.

There will be a day when these streamers will all do HD Audio, and by then I'm sure they will have better packet handling too. For now I am a happy camper... thanks guys for this thread!

"Make everything as simple as possible, but no simpler." - Albert Einstein
post #543 of 1225 Old 08-18-2010, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbassett View Post

Actually I am slowly resolving all my stuttering issues and it isn't the Actiontecs... well it does appear to be partly thier fault but I bet even the new units will have the same issue.

The Playon!HD I am testing will down mix TrueHD (or do a passthrough) and also downmix Dolby Digital Plus. All my files played fine over a 100bT cat5 network, and work on the Actiontec ethernet switch if everthing is on the same unit. My problem started when I went over coax, but... not all files were having a problem. In fact most of my HD DVD and Bluray rips worked, and everything is in 1080p.

I looked at all the ones that were stuttering over coax and they are all TrueHD or DD+. What I did was to run the rips through tsMuxer and down converted the HD audio and so far 9 out of the 18 that stutter are playing fine over coax... I have to do the other 9 yet but I am sure they will work.

So what's happening if they play fine on ethernet but not over coax? I think there is a slight hit in packets and timing, enough that the timing was off just enough for the Playon! to have a hard time internally downconverting the HD Audio.

It makes sense to me and right now is plausible enough to be the problem. Plus when I removed the HD audio track the problem went away...

This will be a show stopper for some people who must have True HD. Me? Well most discs still don't have HD audio, and even the ones that do, the movie at the theater was still done in 5.1 (for most). Thing is unless you're using an HTPC or something like a Dune player, probably 99.9% of the media streamers don't do true HD audio. Most either downmix it or do a passthrough. I am fine with the downmix. So pretty much what I did was to downmix the source file instead of having my streaming device wait for the HD Audio packets and then internally downmix. Either way it is getting downconverted so it doesn't matter to me if I do it at the source.

There will be a day when these streamers will all do HD Audio, and by then I'm sure they will have better packet handling too. For now I am a happy camper... thanks guys for this thread!

Great info! Thanks for sharing!

The length of a film should be directly related to the endurance of the human bladder. ~Alfred Hitchcock
post #544 of 1225 Old 08-28-2010, 12:54 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I just installed the Actiontec ECB2200 units. They connect fine, but I'm not sure if my speed is appropriate.

I ran an internet bandwidth test (speakeasy.net) and got about 25MB/sec (same as the computer hard wired to the router. Then I transferrered a 1.7 GB file which took 6 minutes. I calculated that to be about 4.75 MB/sec.

My house is very old and the cable wiring is mostly wrapped around the outside. I have never seen an amplifier (I assume those need to be plugged in and couldn't be outside or hidden behind a wall - although there could be one in the drop ceiling in the basement).

My full setup - Comcast cable modem to Apple Airport Extreme (Not gigabit) to Actiontec MOCA to coax through the house.

Before I go out and add another pair I'd like to make sure these are doing the job.

Any advice?
post #545 of 1225 Old 08-29-2010, 04:42 AM

I had another rev A unit go bad, and this time it was not the power adapter, it was the caps on the board. I opened up the unit and one of the cans was completely separated from the rest of the cap. In fact, it was loose and rattled around in the case before I even opened it. Several others caps were bulging. When all the suspect caps were replaced, it worked fine again. So if you have a rev a unit with LEDs that just flash quickly and the unit does not boot up, try soldering some new caps in place of any that look suspect.
post #546 of 1225 Old 09-08-2010, 08:21 AM

I just purchased two units...a rev E and a rev D. Everything worked as expected until I added a splitter to split off to the cable modem. I see the LAN Coax light come on, then a few seconds later the cable modem looks like it reboots and then it can no longer receive the necessary info from the main line to make the ISP connection. It will sit there with the receive light blinking until I power off the Actiontec that is sharing the splitter. I get this same issue even after swapping the Actiontecs.

Perhaps the splitter is bad or inferior? I haven't yet had a chance to swap them yet.

Edit: I just got some time to read thru the thread a bit. It looks like a few folks with the same modem as myself (Surfboard SB5101) had issues with respect to the splitters. I am going to pick up a couple from Best Buy to test...hope this resolves the issue!

Ok, I have replace the two splitters I am using with the new ones and nothing as changed. I see the cable modem make a successful online connection, then it acts like it reboots once the Actiontec starts the LAN Coax connection. After this, the receive light on the modem will continuously blink as if it is not getting anything from the ISP.

I live in an apartment so I am not sure what else I can look at.....any help on this is much appreciated!
post #547 of 1225 Old 09-09-2010, 08:41 AM

Alright, so I went so far as to put in a different cable modem....still did not fix the problem! So after scouring the Internet, I found some info and it sounds like any splitter will interfere with the cable modems ability to connect to the Comcast ISP. So, I think I will have to find another solution. Well, I will keep an eye on this thread in case anyone can provide any insight.
post #548 of 1225 Old 09-10-2010, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zyonuf79 View Post

Alright, so I went so far as to put in a different cable modem....still did not fix the problem! So after scouring the Internet, I found some info and it sounds like any splitter will interfere with the cable modems ability to connect to the Comcast ISP. So, I think I will have to find another solution. Well, I will keep an eye on this thread in case anyone can provide any insight.

Not true, you need to get a splitter capable of allowing the frequencies that the cable modem uses to pass..

The length of a film should be directly related to the endurance of the human bladder. ~Alfred Hitchcock
post #549 of 1225 Old 09-11-2010, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnosis4U2NV View Post

Not true, you need to get a splitter capable of allowing the frequencies that the cable modem uses to pass..

Ok, so I am using a splitter that allows a frequency range of 5-2050MHz. How can I find out if the cable modem is using a frequency outside of that range?
post #550 of 1225 Old 09-11-2010, 11:06 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:

Ok, so I am using a splitter that allows a frequency range of 5-2050MHz. How can I find out if the cable modem is using a frequency outside of that range?

It isn't. All US cable modems are in that range.

xnappo
post #551 of 1225 Old 09-12-2010, 04:20 AM

Quote:

So, I think I will have to find another solution. Well, I will keep an eye on this thread in case anyone can provide any insight.

You may want to try a diplexer (Holland STVC, DPD2, or similar) instead of the splitter. Hook the Actiontec to the SAT port and the cable modem to the VHF/UHF port on the dixplexer. This might help if the problem is that your cable modem strength is marginal, because the diplexer would have less loss on that leg than the splitter.
post #552 of 1225 Old 09-30-2010, 03:51 PM

Is there any retail place that sells a moca poe filter? I looked at power&tel website it seems you can't order stuff online but had to email/get a quote from their sales people, I'm not sure if they're interesting in selling just 1 poe filter....
post #553 of 1225 Old 10-04-2010, 08:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I stumbled on this thread and then picked up two MI424WRs off Ebay.

I had an area in my house that had been a wifi dead zone. Wiring it would have been a pain. But, it has coax. I got the link between the two MI424WRs working properly.

But, I am also trying to use one MI424WR as a wireless access point. The wireless portion seems unreliable. There are two SSIDs in my Network. I can see each easily. I have no problems with wireless access from my main non-actiontec router. With the actiontec, I have difficulty logging in sometimes. I may get an error message but sometimes the connection is established. Sometimes it is not. I also have problems with internet connectivity. Sometime I have internet access. Sometimes I do not.

Is anyone using the MI424WRs as wireless access points?

Here is my basic setup:

(1) Netgear Router and Wireless Access Point.
DHCP On from 192.168.0.2 to 192.168.0.49

(2) First MI424WR
Wireless OFF
DHCP Off
CAT6 connected to Netgear Router
COAX connected to Second MI242WR

(3) Second MI424WR
Wireless On
DHCP off
SSID different from Netgear's
COAX connected to First MI242WR

Affable Nitwit
post #554 of 1225 Old 10-19-2010, 09:41 PM

Has anyone been able to find a place that sells MoCA POE filters individually? There are plenty of manufacturers and distributors, but the distributors are only interested in selling in bulk to service providers.

I have scoured the Internet and not been able to find one place that sells POE fitlers to the end user.

Any help would be appreciated.
post #555 of 1225 Old 10-22-2010, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayster View Post

Has anyone been able to find a place that sells MoCA POE filters individually? There are plenty of manufacturers and distributors, but the distributors are only interested in selling in bulk to service providers.

I have scoured the Internet and not been able to find one place that sells POE fitlers to the end user.

Any help would be appreciated.

I have the same question. I currently have 2 Actiontec MI424WRs and 1 Westell 9100EM MoCA bridges and everything works fine, but I'd like to add a POE filter to both improve performance and prevent any "leakage" of my network to other homes.
post #556 of 1225 Old 10-22-2010, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawguy View Post

I stumbled on this thread and then picked up two MI424WRs off Ebay.

I had an area in my house that had been a wifi dead zone. Wiring it would have been a pain. But, it has coax. I got the link between the two MI424WRs working properly.

But, I am also trying to use one MI424WR as a wireless access point. The wireless portion seems unreliable. There are two SSIDs in my Network. I can see each easily. I have no problems with wireless access from my main non-actiontec router. With the actiontec, I have difficulty logging in sometimes. I may get an error message but sometimes the connection is established. Sometimes it is not. I also have problems with internet connectivity. Sometime I have internet access. Sometimes I do not.

Is anyone using the MI424WRs as wireless access points?

Here is my basic setup:

(1) Netgear Router and Wireless Access Point.
DHCP On from 192.168.0.2 to 192.168.0.49

(2) First MI424WR
Wireless OFF
DHCP Off
CAT6 connected to Netgear Router
COAX connected to Second MI242WR

(3) Second MI424WR
Wireless On
DHCP off
SSID different from Netgear's
COAX connected to First MI242WR

I had similar problems when using 2 SSID's on the same Network. I had problems with laptops getting errors about "IP Address already in use". When I changed the second router to the same SSID, but different channel, the problem went away. Not really sure why you want 2 SSIDs. Doing this forces you to have to manually pick the SSID with the best signal, or else the PC will automatically pick the SSID that's at the top of the preferred network list.

I have a Netgear WNDR3300 as my main router. DHCP ON, wireless ON, Channel 1. Then I have an Actiontec MI424WR with DHCP OFF, wireless OFF connected directly via ethernet, just like you. Then I have a Westell 9100EM connected via Coax with DHCP OFF, wireless ON, same SSID as main router, Channel 11. Finally, I have an Actiontec MI424WR connected via Coax with DHCP OFF, wireless ON, same SSID as main router, Channel 6. I've had this configuration for about a week, with no problems yet.

Using the same SSID allows wireless roaming, which means your laptops configured to automatically connect to your main SSID will choose the one with the best signal. However, check the wireless card and driver to ensure it has this capability. I had to upgrade my laptop to the newest Intel driver and use the Intel (not Windows) software to connect.

Good luck.
post #557 of 1225 Old 10-25-2010, 09:07 AM

I have Verizon FIOS in my home (for about 2 yrs now). I recently read this post and decided to move from wireless bridge in my family room to MOCA bridge using Actiontec MI424WR router bought over ebay. I was able to get the MOCA bridge working, but my ethernet (on VZ FIOS Router) stopped working when the MOCA bridge is ON/connected.

Let me detail my setup. I have a VZ FIOS MI424WR Router (Rev E, called main router from now on) which communicates to ONT via coax. I bought another VZ MI424WR Router from ebay (Rev D, called remote router from now on), which I want to use as a MOCA bridge through coax in my family room.

I followed the instruction mentioned by OP. I was able to get the MOCA bridge working, my HTPC connected via ethernet to remote router was able to connect to internet and I get great speeds too. However, my other computer connected via ethernet to main router stopped working. I logged into the main router to make sure that it is in fact still the main router (and that remote router had not become the main router). The main router is still connected to ONT and shows coax-WAN connection. As soon as I power off the remote router, ethernet connectivity to main router is restored (it take about 2 min). Again, I power on the remote router, again ethernet connectivity on main router is lost.

Also, I did factory rest both routers before I began to do the bridge setup. I have tried putting remote router in 2 different rooms (coax connections), I get same results (as detailed above). I really have no idea why this is happening. I also tried changing MOCA channels, no success. BTW- the "Coax-LAN" light does come on on remote router when the MOCA bridge is established. Can someone please help. Thanks.
post #558 of 1225 Old 10-25-2010, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajny View Post

I have Verizon FIOS in my home (for about 2 yrs now). I recently read this post and decided to move from wireless bridge in my family room to MOCA bridge using Actiontec MI424WR router bought over ebay. I was able to get the MOCA bridge working, but my ethernet (on VZ FIOS Router) stopped working when the MOCA bridge is ON/connected.

Let me detail my setup. I have a VZ FIOS MI424WR Router (Rev E, called main router from now on) which communicates to ONT via coax. I bought another VZ MI424WR Router from ebay (Rev D, called remote router from now on), which I want to use as a MOCA bridge through coax in my family room.

I followed the instruction mentioned by OP. I was able to get the MOCA bridge working, my HTPC connected via ethernet to remote router was able to connect to internet and I get great speeds too. However, my other computer connected via ethernet to main router stopped working. I logged into the main router to make sure that it is in fact still the main router (and that remote router had not become the main router). The main router is still connected to ONT and shows coax-WAN connection. As soon as I power off the remote router, ethernet connectivity to main router is restored (it take about 2 min). Again, I power on the remote router, again ethernet connectivity on main router is lost.

Also, I did factory rest both routers before I began to do the bridge setup. I have tried putting remote router in 2 different rooms (coax connections), I get same results (as detailed above). I really have no idea why this is happening. I also tried changing MOCA channels, no success. BTW- the "Coax-LAN" light does come on on remote router when the MOCA bridge is established. Can someone please help. Thanks.

Unfortunately, I don't have FIOS, I just use their routers as MoCA bridges.

When you say the Ethernet connection to the main router "stopped working", do you really mean that Ethernet connectivity to the computer attached to the main router is lost?

A few things I would look at:

DHCP - should be turned off on the remote router.
IP Address - ensure all your devices have unique IP addresses - PC's and Routers.

Also, take a look at:

http://www.dslreports.com/faq/verizo...tworking#15984

Good luck.

Tom
post #559 of 1225 Old 10-25-2010, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plomaris View Post

Unfortunately, I don't have FIOS, I just use their routers as MoCA bridges.

When you say the Ethernet connection to the main router "stopped working", do you really mean that Ethernet connectivity to the computer attached to the main router is lost?

Yes. Ethernet connectivity to the computer attached to main router is lost. The computer can not even ping 192.168.1.1 - which is the IP addr of the main router. The remote router is at (static) 192.168.1.177.

Quote:

A few things I would look at:
DHCP - should be turned off on the remote router.

Yes, DHCP is turned off on remote router, Broadband Coax and Broadband Ethernet are disabled, Ethernet and coax are bridged (with STP).

Quote:

IP Address - ensure all your devices have unique IP addresses - PC's and Routers.

hmmm, I think you might be on to something here....I did not think of this before, but I have a wireless router at (static) 192.168.1.10 through which all computers (wired and wireless) are connected to main router....maybe there is an address conflict....Let me check that...Thanks.
post #560 of 1225 Old 10-25-2010, 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plomaris

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajny View Post

hmmm, I think you might be on to something here....I did not think of this before, but I have a wireless router at (static) 192.168.1.10 through which all computers (wired and wireless) are connected to main router....maybe there is an address conflict....Let me check that...Thanks.

I checked the devices again, there was no IP conflict. As an extra caution, I set the wireless router (Buffalo WHR-G54S) at (static) 192.168.1.200 instead of 192.169.1.10. The DHCP space of the main router is from 192.168.1.2 to 192.168.1.150. So, this should totally eliminate any chances of IP address conflict.

Also, I was able to get the ethernet port on the main router working at the same time as MOCA bridge. Looks like the problem is when the MOCA bridge (coax-lan) in ON/connected, there are issues connecting the wireless router (Buffalo WHR-G54S) to the main router via ethernet. Other computers connected directly to main router via ethernet work fine when the MOCA bridge (coax-lan) in ON/connected. I replaced Buffalo WHR-G54S wireless router with a SMC switch, that does not work either. I know this sounds weird.....maybe its the cable between the main router and Buffalo WHR-G54S...It is a home made cable....I will try another cable later this evening...Thanks.
post #561 of 1225 Old 10-26-2010, 06:40 AM
CPB

Liked: 15
Question... I've got FiOS and two Rev Es set up, the primary was installed by Verizon and I just picked up another to act as the remote. All working great so far although the throughput isn't stellar (I can only max it out at 70mbps when I have a 128k TCP window size in iperf... oh well, better than nothing I suppose)... but I digress...

I was thinking of enabling the "Privacy" option in the Coax setup of the routers, just for extra peace of mind.

However, from the manual, it says

"Privacy - Toggle “Privacy” by clicking in the “Enabled” check box. If Privacy is
activated, all devices connected via coaxial cable must use the same password.
We recommend leaving the Privacy option deactivated."

Does anyone know how this plays with FiOS STBs? I am worried if by enabling this then my STBs won't be able to connect. I realize for a number of you this may not be a problem but hopefully a few of you have tried this setting within your Verizon FiOS setup and can chime in. Thanks!
post #562 of 1225 Old 11-20-2010, 09:10 AM

I am having some weird problems. I have 4 424's as moca network and for about a year or so everything been working fine without any problems. One of the devices died so I got a replacement and the settings are identical to the other 424's.. everything is disabled except home/office network both dns/dhcp is turned off each has a unique IP etc.

The problem that I am having is that i am unable to get to any machines behind the moca devices. from my main network i can ping and get to the gui on all of the moca devices however anything thats plugged behind the moca device is unpingable both dhcp and static were tested and this is happening to multiple devices. from the local moca's it shows ethernet device count as 0 on all the remote moca's

any help will be appreciated...
post #563 of 1225 Old 11-28-2010, 07:56 AM

What kind of speeds are you guys experiencing with these MoCA setups?

I have a powered infrastructure in my house that supports the POWERLINE units (my father-in-law let me test two old one's he had lying around and they work great)...

I was just about to invest in the Belkin HD Powerline but wanted to know if the speed gaines with the MoCA are substantial over a well-run Belkin HD Powerline in a well-wired/new house.

anyone have any chariot benchmarks to compare powerline (in a house that works) vs MoCA?

Thanks!
post #564 of 1225 Old 11-28-2010, 02:13 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by h0mersimps0n View Post

anyone have any chariot benchmarks to compare powerline (in a house that works) vs MoCA?

Thanks!

I don't have any numbers to share, but MoCA for me, in a 10 year old house, is *much* faster and more reliable.

Hopefully someone else can post some numbers - I have had MoCA for too long now to remember the details.

xnappo
post #565 of 1225 Old 11-29-2010, 09:20 AM

First let me send out a thanks for xnappo et al for this thread. I have been working with moca for a good 6 months now. One thing that I have noticed though is that the wireless on the actiontecs are the weakest point. I used to have an aftermarket wireless router (airport extreme n) connected before that worked brilliantly. Would I be able to integrate it back in? My biggest concern is the moca devices not being able to get a dhcp address when I make the wireless route my dhcp server. Any advice on things to look for when trying to set this up or if it is even possible?
post #566 of 1225 Old 11-29-2010, 10:33 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by biffbyun View Post

First let me send out a thanks for xnappo et al for this thread. I have been working with moca for a good 6 months now. One thing that I have noticed though is that the wireless on the actiontecs are the weakest point. I used to have an aftermarket wireless router (airport extreme n) connected before that worked brilliantly. Would I be able to integrate it back in? My biggest concern is the moca devices not being able to get a dhcp address when I make the wireless route my dhcp server. Any advice on things to look for when trying to set this up or if it is even possible?

Sure - actually the first post describes exactly that setup. I venture to guess that most people are not using the Actiontec wireless - or if they are they are using it as a range extender not as the primary router.

xnappo
post #567 of 1225 Old 11-29-2010, 03:01 PM

xnappo thanks. not sure how i missed that.
post #568 of 1225 Old 11-29-2010, 10:52 PM

I just setup 2 Rev-C's and have some issues with the internet on all devices, not just the ones running through the MI424's. Without the MOCA setup, I am getting ~20Mbs/2Mbs on Roadrunner on my PC going through a Netgear Router connected to the modem. With the MOCA operational, I'm only getting ~1-2Mbs/1-2Mbs using 2 splitters (5-1000MHz, -3.5db). Latency has not changed (40-60ms). The MOCA setup is working as far as being on the network and able to see all the devices and access the internet. However, something is causing the internet speed to degrade.

Here is some information from my Webstar DPC2100R2 modem:

Downstream Status Operational
Channel ID 163
Downstream Frequency 555000000 Hz
Modulation 256QAM
Bit Rate 15360000 bits/sec
Power Level -6.8 dBmV
Signal to Noise Ratio 39.1 dB

Upstream Status Operational
Channel ID 1
Upstream Frequency 35008000 Hz
Modulation 64QAM
Bit Rate 2048000 bits/sec
Power Level 47.7 dBmV

Should I try different splitters?
post #569 of 1225 Old 11-30-2010, 05:53 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by erp2863 View Post

Should I try different splitters?

Hmm - your power level looks a bit low, but your SNR is just fine - in fact it is really, really good - you sure it is 39 and not 29?

Anyway - yeah I guess different splitters is something to try - try to find some rated for at least 1.5GHz.

xnappo
post #570 of 1225 Old 11-30-2010, 06:16 AM

xnappo, thanks for the quick reply. Those values from the modem were a direct copy/paste.

I had bought a couple of 5-2300MHz splitters from Home Depot that don't work at all. The modem can't connect to Time Warner when I have the MI424's connected and powered-on. If I turn off the MI424's, but leave them connected, the modem connects and I get full speed. They are labeled as 2-way digital cable & satellite tv splitter.

I also live in Austin, any recommendations on where to find better splitters? Fry's?

Thanks again!
Reply Home A/V Distribution

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page