problems with the Monoprice HDMI Matrix switchers. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 12-06-2009, 04:51 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have purchased the 4x4 and 4x2 matrix HDMI switchers from Monoprice and every once in a while i lose sound when switching from one source to another.
Also it seems to take for ever to switch to a source with the screen going to black so long.

Thanks for any help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 12-07-2009, 11:52 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vid53 View Post

I have purchased the 4x4 and 4x2 matrix HDMI switchers from Monoprice and every once in a while i lose sound when switching from one source to another.
Also it seems to take for ever to switch to a source with the screen going to black so long.

Thanks for any help

I've never experience loss of sound but it does take forever to switch from one source to another. I found that their splitter I use also takes forever to switch from one source to another. You get what you pay for I guess, but given the price of these compared to others, it might be worth to run into minor issues.

The sound thing can be a handshake issue with one of your source equipments and not the monoprice matrix.
post #3 of 4 Old 12-07-2009, 02:04 PM

Define forever? 5 seconds, 10 seconds? I ask because I just ordered the 4X4 Monoprice Matrix switch for a TV wall project that I'm doing to allow the different games being displayed to easily be switched from one tv to the other(ie.. one big tv, 2 smaller tv's).
post #4 of 4 Old 12-08-2009, 03:39 AM

I bought the 4x2 as well and i am taking it out becuase its too annoying. I lose sound 3/4 of the time when swithcing between devices. I also have ot turn on my other TV in order to get my apple TV to show up on the other TV (if that makes sense). It takes 16 seconds to switch between devices. I am taking it out and using component.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply Home A/V Distribution

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page