Originally Posted by wkwjones
I have not "pulled the trigger" ...
Hmm, thanks for the quick reply. I just bought it in December and I can say that both things are not true ... yet.
I've got a support request (email) into them. Here's the question, long explanation but necessary:
My configuration is this:
Tivo Series 3 HD -> Input 1 via 6ft HDMI cable
PS3 -> Input 2 via 6 ft HDMI cable
Output A -> 10ft Cat6 Cables -> HDMI Receiver -> 4ft HDMI Cable -> Panasonic 50" Plasma
Output B ->
Output C -> 6 ft HDMI Cable -> Pioneer SC25 Receiver
Output D -> 50 ft Cat6 Cables -> HDMI Receiver -> 6ft HDMI Cable -> Panasonic PT-4000u Projector
I've created a diagram which may be easier to understand, if the image comes through. Here it is below:Attachment 197449
Question 1) Is there any way to have a single port put out both HDMI and CAT6 signals? This would be very useful because I have to carry the video signal 35ft but the audio only needs to go about 3 ft (within the A/V closet). Another option would be to have a toslink out of the switch rather than out of the HDMI receiver. Right now I have to use 2 output ports for one source.
Question 2) I can't get the PS3 signal reliably out of the switch. The display flickers at both the Plasma and the Projector. I've got the following notes:
- I have no problem with the TiVo. Signal is strong, audio and video at both destinations.
- I swapped HDMI cables between the Ps3 and the Switch, from the 6ft HDMI to a 20ft one. I don't have ability to go to a shorter cable. This test was to validate the cable was ok, and I saw no change in image.
- I swapped HDMI ports for Input 1 and Input 2 and saw no affect. TiVo works solid in either port.
- I tried a couple of different EDID settings, I have the SmartScan option disabled.
- Both displays are affected, though the projector is affected much worse, can only establish a signal for a fraction of a second, but ...
- When I uncoiled about 15 ft of the the 50ft Cat6 cable I got steady signal at the projector, with only a bit of flicker.
- The total run to the plasma is only 20ft, (6 ft HDMI + 10ft Cat6 + 6ft HDMI), which is significantly under the 100ft range.
- PS3 directly connected works fine. It was used this way for a long time until the switch was introduced.
I am concerned about this though. Obviously, I'd like to watch blue ray movies from the PS3 in the projector with no flicker. Based on the notes above it appears that the problem is the way the Switch is processing the PS3 signal. For all the same Displays the TiVo works absolutely fine so I would think that the infrastructure from the switch out to the displays is solid. The uncoiling of the wire belies that comment, however.
Do you have any recommendations? Anything I can do to improve the signal performance from the PS3 in? Does you expect any different performance from any of the ports?