Poor network performance with Netgear MCAB1001 MoCA - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 12-16-2009, 06:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi MoCA/Networking gurus,

I just purchased Netgear MCAB1001 and connected two of my HTPC and the third one to the router. I was quite excited to achieve at least 50-60 mbps but I am not getting the expected bandwidth. What is weared is that I am getting different speeds between two computers in different directions.

I am using NetCPS.exe to measure the performance. In the diagram below with MAINHTPC being the server and LAPTOP PC being the client (bottom if image: red/green arrows) I get 70-80 mbps. But in the reverse direction I only get 16 mbps. For the world of me I am not able to figure out what the issue is, or how to start debugging.

The network driver advance settings are all set to "auto detect".

Any thoughts?

Cheers. -Amitabh
LL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 12-18-2009, 10:41 AM - Thread Starter

Anybody?
post #3 of 4 Old 01-01-2010, 08:57 AM

Don't know if you solved your issues but I figured I just comment in case you didn't..

Get yourself some diplexers and install them at your MoCA locations, in your case you have have three MoCA devices so get three diplexers.. Pass the TV signals to your sets and pass the SAT signal to your MoCA device.. This would eliminate the need to pass the entire MoCA signal through them where the signal is useless..

Secondly, I would try using regular splitters that are rated up to the 1Ghz band instead of the 2.5Ghz splitters your using now.. The higher frequencies result in higher loss through your cable run.. Run your MoCA devices on channel 1 to utilize the 1Ghz frequency which is stronger..

The length of a film should be directly related to the endurance of the human bladder. ~Alfred Hitchcock
post #4 of 4 Old 02-23-2011, 05:29 PM

Do you have one main moca device that sends it to the others? Cause i'm looking to do something like that. If so can you link me to the Device i currently have the mcab1001 and really don't want to buy a new set each time i want to expand.
Reply Home A/V Distribution

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page