Nuvo GC - can ipod touch stream pandora? - AVS Forum
Home A/V Distribution > Nuvo GC - can ipod touch stream pandora?
mrevo2u's Avatar mrevo2u 09:51 PM 02-03-2010
Can the ipod touch stream internet radio to the GC? Just about ready to start my GC install. Any problems if using 2 ipods (regular and touch) as your only sources? Thanks

ace3's Avatar ace3 09:12 AM 02-04-2010
Nope. Wish it would, though. If you start Pandora, put the touch in the ipod dock, and then turn on the GC to the ipod, it goes into Music mode.

Well, this is assuming you're using the Nuvo ipod dock ... if you just had a standard ipod dock with RCA jacks on it, it would play anything your ipod played ... you just wouldn't be able to control it from the keypads.

No problems using 2 ipod docks as your only source, either. My wife and i listen to my ipod 99% of the time. We also have the dual-tuner, which comes in handy that other 1% of the time.

they're coming out with a new MusicPort that will support Pandora, apparently. can't wait for that, as I listen to Pandora all the time.
mrevo2u's Avatar mrevo2u 09:54 AM 02-15-2010
That is a bummer. Just getting familiar with Pandora and wondering if there is a way to save a streamed internet radio or Pandora signal onto itunes or ipod music so you could play it from the ipod harddrive?
jautor's Avatar jautor 01:03 PM 02-15-2010
The NuVo MusicPort Server will stream Pandora, and displays metadata on the keypads. They've stated that an upgrade for the PC-based MusicPort will also be available. And if you did a bit right now with the latest MusicPort software (a version of Mirage from Autonomic Controls) - the support is already there.

It only shows up in the "NuVo Client" interface - the flash standalone or browser interface to the MusicPort under the 'Radio' tab. This isn't the official support yet, as the menu options don't show up on the keypads, but Pandora works great.

Really looking forward to the official update/supported version, which should have XM/Sirius streaming, and more importantly, RadioTime, which will give us access to a lot of Internet Radio!

Jeff
ggergm's Avatar ggergm 04:01 PM 03-08-2012
I hope it's OK to bump this thread to ask the question again two years later. Maybe the software has changed.

I have an Essentia E6G system and I want to add the Nuvo iPod dock, using it with an iPod touch. If I download the Pandora app for the touch, will the Nuvo keypads then be able to display the song and album info?

How about the SiriusXM app? If I added Internet radio to my existing SiriusXM contract, would the same thing happen? Using an iPod touch in the Nuvo iPod dock, would the song info then show up on the keypads?
jautor's Avatar jautor 04:33 PM 03-08-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggergm View Post

I hope it's OK to bump this thread to ask the question again two years later. Maybe the software has changed.

I have an Essentia E6G system and I want to add the Nuvo iPod dock, using it with an iPod touch. If I download the Pandora app for the touch, will the Nuvo keypads then be able to display the song and album info?

How about the SiriusXM app? If I added Internet radio to my existing SiriusXM contract, would the same thing happen? Using an iPod touch in the Nuvo iPod dock, would the song info then show up on the keypads?

No, and probably not NuVo's fault, either. The iPod interface gives you access to the "iPod" functions (IIRC), not an "app control" capability.

Getting the audio stream off of the iPod/iPhone (regardless of the audio source) can be done - the Bluetooth bridge being the most elegant.

But for keypad control of Pandora, it's the MusicPort. If there is another device that has Pandora support and an API to pull the info, getting stuff to the keypads is possible... Haven't found anything that fits that bill for Pandora, though.

Jeff
Neurorad's Avatar Neurorad 08:03 PM 03-08-2012
Call AutomatedOutlet.com by phone to get a quote on an MPS4 music server.

Read the MPS4 thread at cocoontech.com first.
ggergm's Avatar ggergm 06:02 AM 03-09-2012
Thanks for your help, guys.

I'm familiar with the MPS4, having installed one and struggled to get it on line and reliable. I know some of the issues were with my friend's home network but within a year it stopped seeing her network altogether. I verified the problem at my house and the MPS4 was replaced by Nuvo. The new one has worked great.

I own the earlier NV-M3 500 music server, which doesn't hook up to the Internet but will save .wav files, so I like it for that. I also have the seriously great sounding Polk Audio xrt12 XM tuner, of which I will be very sorry when it either dies or is made out of date by SiriusXM. And a computer is one of the inputs on the Essentia for Pandora and other Internet sources.

I was just trying to come up with a cheap, back door way into the Nuvo system, especially to have the information show up on the keypads. I think I'll just get a regular iPod dock for the touch and say to heck with it. That way I can make it play what I want.
cartman13's Avatar cartman13 03:00 PM 03-09-2012
I have a Nuvo GC and I chose to go with a Casatunes Music Server instead of the MPS4. Casatunes still doesn't have Pandora, and I have yet to find something 3rd party that will feed meta data from Pandora to the keypads.

For Pandora, I set up a Grace Audio Solo. I simply switch to the source i assigned for it and turn on the grace audio from my iphone app.

Still hoping a plugin is designed to allow Pandora to run in Casatunes.

The other Pandora streaming solution from and Ipod would be using airtunes and an airport express. Also no meta data is sent.
jautor's Avatar jautor 03:59 PM 03-09-2012
I asked Casatunes about Pandora support at CEDIA. They were aware of the demand, but had nothing concrete to announce...

Jeff
Up
Mobile  Desktop