Sonos syncing? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 02-12-2010, 06:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just setup a sonos system running Rhapsody connected to an amp that distributes to 4 zones in my house. Running perfectly. Can't complain at all. My question is if i were to add a zoneplayer 90 to the family room surround sound setup, (which is not one of the zones the amp is distributing to), will the audio to the family room be in sync with the audio distributed to the other zones via the amp? The family room is right next to another zone and i don't want to have them un-sync'd. thanks in advance!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 02-12-2010, 10:02 PM

It will be slightly out of synch. I asked the same question a while back on the sonos forum and didn't get any responses. I decided to buy it anyway and tried it out myself with the following configuration: The ZP90 in the family room with the AV receiver hooked to the line-in and the ZP120 in the kitchen. I turn the AV Receiver plus TV on and then play the TV audio in the kitchen over the ZP120. There was noticeable lip synch issues when I was in the kitchen looking at the TV. I say noticeable but it's not something that would drive me crazy if I have to run in the kitchen and get something but it would be a problem if I wanted to watch TV from the kitchen while doing something.

With that said, from my unscientific testing the delay is affected by the distance between the two zoneplayers and also if there is a third zoneplayer. I say this b/c if you have the zoneplayers in the same location and both have network connections I think the delay would be even less that what I'm getting now. With your setup, will your two zoneplayers be in the same location or will they be in different rooms?

Let me know the answer to the question above and I'll rig up my system in a similar configuration and let you know the results.
post #3 of 3 Old 02-12-2010, 10:43 PM

Wait wait wait...I think I might have read your post wrong! So you have a ZP90 playing to the distribution amp and you want to know if there will be a delay if you hook another ZP90 that is playing to the family surround sound? So in your configuration, both of the ZP90's are in the same zone and both are outputting rhapsody to different amps.

If that's the case then everything should be synched perfectly. I run mine in this configuration all the time and it's perfect. I have the ZP90 in the family room playing Sirius over the 7.1 surround sound and then the ZP120 in the kitchen is in the same zone playing Sirius. Perfectly synched.
Reply Home A/V Distribution

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page