Verzion Actiontec MI424WR Router but Pansanic 54V10 and BD80 too far away for Cat 5? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 02-20-2010, 07:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Dear Forum,

Just moved from the Uk and Usa and have been taking advantage of the low prices you have for AV hardware and recently purchased a Panasonic 54"V10 and BD80 Blu Ray. I want them to be able to access firmware updates and also use Vieracast. I have Verzion Fios and the standard issue Actiontec MI424WR wifi router. The Panasonic hardware is in a different room from my router and I don't want to install CAT5 LAN and want to use to use WIFI.

Does any know of wireless ethernet bridge compatible with the Verizon wireless router so Panasonic hardware can access the internet via the Verizon Actiontec MI424WR router? I assuming the Panasonic hardware would contact to the wireless ethernet bridge via CAT5 patch cables.

Or is there a better way?

Cheers Simon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 02-26-2010, 08:53 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 17
seems like just about any wireless g bridge would work.

also, because the actiontec supports moca, you could get a nim-100 from ebay and the devices could access the internet over coax cable already in your house - this is what i use to put a media server in a closet without running cat5 to it - should be just as fast as a cat5 wired connection
post #3 of 4 Old 02-27-2010, 03:04 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks Dave...I was not aware of the Motorola NIM100...could be a good solution. Then I got to Amazon and found this device Actiontec Ethernet over Coax MoCA Adapter and this could be a solution too!
post #4 of 4 Old 03-01-2010, 10:26 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Yes, that should work also. The thing I liked about the nim100 is that is was less than 50 dollars and, for me, was plug and play. Took about 30 seconds to automatically find the network. They show up on ebay frequently - they were used by verzion before the actiontec moca router was available. You could also use another actiontec moca router if you find one on ebay for a good price.
Reply Home A/V Distribution

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page