Russound/Squeezebox Interface Program - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 34 Old 08-16-2011, 08:17 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks Neil - yes - I am an ios user and love the sonos platform. Maybe I've missed it but I though the only way to get metadata from sonos to the keypads was the MYRO:BRIDGE - which is a great product by the way and may end up going that route. Until I get a full fledged media server was looking for an interim solution. The home automation system is RTI.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 34 Old 12-04-2011, 06:19 AM

Is SqzRuss working with the latest Squeezebox (radio and touch) and Logitech Media Server v7.7.0?
post #33 of 34 Old 12-09-2011, 05:41 AM - Thread Starter

I'm afraid that SqzRuss won't work with Radio or Touch. The display architectures are completely different than the older character-based players.

I haven't upgraded to Logitech Media Server yet (I'd prefer to stay stable for a while). I see no reason that it shouldn't work; the server CLI commands it uses should be pretty stable from release to release.

Regards...

P.S., I didn't think anyone was still using the program.
post #34 of 34 Old 11-15-2012, 07:39 PM

Hi John,

There is still interest in your software!

I recently acquired a Russound CAV6.6 and want to incorporate Internet radio as a source (with UNO display feedback, of course), so your software sounds like just what I need. Problem is, I don't have a Squeezebox (yet). Before I invest in one to make all this work, I was wondering how difficult it would be to tweak this to use a PC with Winamp as a source instead? I already have said computer hooked up to my Russound and it has a serial port so the hardware is all there. I can also control Winamp by remote, too, so sending its metadata to the Russound is all I'm missing. I've searched around and can't find anything like this, and that's what got me here. Just wondering if you have any suggestions? I can program a little, but haven't used Lua before.

Or could I use something like SoftSqueeze instead of Winamp? Basically looking for any kind of software rather than hardware that would work with SqzRuss since I have a PC running 24/7 right next to the Russound.

Thanks!
Jeff
Reply Home A/V Distribution

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page