Just bought house- help with house audio - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 04-12-2010, 01:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just bought a house where the previous owner had some type of whole house audio set up installed. There are speakers in the ceiling of the kitchen, on the deck, in the master bedroom and master bathroom, as well as the family room.
The family room speakers are simple- they just hook into my home theater receiver. The rest are a little harder for me to figure out.
It appears that the master bath, bedroom and kitchen run into the basement, where they are connected to an Audioplex distribution hub. Three sets inbound, and one outbound that runs into the family room and is labeled "House". There are four sets of wires from each room (red, green, black and white) which are plugged into L+, L-, R+, R- terminals on the hub, and four wires, same color, coming out of the hub into the living room.
Then, there is a set of four wires in the family room labeled "Deck", and one labeled "Pool". I can assume these wires run to the speakers at these corresponding areas.
Each of these areas has a volume controller, and the master bedroom has a control pad. When I pulled it out of the wall, I saw that it was connected to Cat 5, and there is a set of unconnected Cat 5 wires in the basement next to the hub.
My question should be obvious at this point: What do I need to run this system so that I can actually listen to music in these areas? Ideally, I would access music on my computers, but also wouldn't mind the capability to listen to whatever is on the television.
Help?!?
Please keep it simple, as I am an extreme newbie when it comes to audio/video.

Thanks,
Don
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 04-12-2010, 03:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 99
any name on any of the controllers?

Panasonic 65" plasma*

Denon 4520* 

PSB T45* PSB B15* PSB C60*

Dual PSA XS30* Dual PSA XS15se*

Squeezbox*

Niles ZR-6 6 Source, 6 room Audio Reciever*

post #3 of 3 Old 04-12-2010, 05:04 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
What is it that you want? What kind of control do you want to have over the system?

Kind of difficult to provide any guidance here. You might be better benefited by finding an integration company or other AV company to help you.
Reply Home A/V Distribution

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page