New Brite-view BV2322 (Air syncHD) - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 65 Old 12-21-2010, 07:19 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
OK, I just received my 2322 today.
It took me about 20 minutes to get it hooked up - Dish VIP622 loop through to Samsung PN58C550, transmitted to my bedroom Toshiba 52HM84 DLP.

I just plugged the stuff in and it started working - I didn't have to do anything.

Point to point about 22 feet through one standard interior sheet rock wall.

It synced up in about 45 seconds and is working great!
I'm not a videophile but the transmitted 1080i picture (my DLP is only 720p) looks as good as when it was hard wired.

If it keeps working like this I'll be a happy camper!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 65 Old 01-03-2011, 05:16 PM

I received mine last week. I wish I could say the same.

It won't sync with my HD66, and it only sync's with my Vizio 47" LCD if it's in the same room. (which is why I bought it anyway)
After running all the HT wiring in the walls and ceiling, the "being who knows all" in my house decided she wants the TV on the opposite wall

It wouldn't sync from kitchen to basement...maybe 25' away.
post #33 of 65 Old 01-09-2011, 04:16 PM

I am sorry to hear about your experience, Chancho. I hope you are able to make it work.

There is no cable outlet in our living room where we wanted to put a TV. The cable comes into the house in the corner of the basement just below the living room and the wireless distance required from that location to where we wanted the TV was roughly 15-20 feet through one floor. I chose to give Air SyncHD a try and connected its transmitter to the Comcast set-top box in the basement and its receiver to the TV in the living room. I am happy to report that the setup works very well and the image quality appears to be the same as using a wired HDMI connection. Signal strength with wide mode off was 3 bars (which I think is full strength). I saw some stuttering of the image when transitioning from HD to SD channels, but this was quite infrequent. I also noticed that switching the wide mode between on and off on Air SyncHD was changing the Comcast set-top box settings between 1080i and 720p (1080i with wide mode off and 720p with wide mode on); not sure why or how. I chose wide mode off then went into the set-top box menu and changed it from 1080i to 720p, and it seems to be working fine. I will report more as I gain more experience.
post #34 of 65 Old 01-16-2011, 12:56 PM

I received my brite-View "Air SyncHD" (BV-2322) from Amazon.com yesterday, and it exceeds my expectations! It's looped from our AT&T U-Verse IPN330HD STB via HDMI to our bedroom HDTV (on the front side second story of our house) and transmitting downstairs to our kitchen HDTV on the rear side of our house. I did not set it to wide. Both the audio and video reception are exceptional and the IR Blaster is working perfectly without noticeable additional lag time beyond the inherent lag in the IPN330HD.

Instructions for the blaster were far from specific so I experimented a bit and ended up sticking on all 3 of the IR receivers on the IPN330HD, 2 on either side of the STB's IR receiver and 1 on the surface just beneath it. I'd say the broadcast distance between the transmitter (and IR Blaster) and receiver is about 28 feet across and down 10 feet (plus floor joists) through a carpeted wooden floor and sheet-rocked kitchen ceiling. Both transmitter and receiver are just lying flat on the surfaces and no adjustments were necessary.

It's great not having to put up with interference from electronics, the microwave, cell phones, etc as we did with our old faithful AngelTrax setup. It's also great using HDMI cabling, full 1080i and HD audio in the kitchen.

**UPDATED 3/11/2011: the IR blaster seemed to get progressively weaker to the point where it wouldn't handle any remote functions at all. Since I now have AT&T U-verse, I bought the AT&T RF remote, which includes a dongle that inserts in the U-verse set-top box. This was just what I needed, now everything is perfect again. Although, I do feel the bright-View team need to re-engineer their blaster circuitry, and/or adjust the price down accordingly. I plan to give them my feedback.
post #35 of 65 Old 02-13-2011, 03:45 PM

I have the bv-2500 right now. If I buy the airsynch, will it interfere with the 2500?

Thanks,
Buzzy
post #36 of 65 Old 04-14-2011, 08:57 AM

i am interested in the brite-View "Air SyncHD" (BV-2322) but before purchasing i want to get some info first.

I have a SONY 46" mounted on the wall, the BV-2322 will be attached to the wall mount behind the TV (with the receiver's front facing toward the ceiling). With this setup, would it be problematic for the transmitter/receiver to connect and cause lag in pictures/sounds?

Also, I have a PS3 and wonder has anyone tried playing graphic intensive games like GT5, MW2, using the bv2322.
post #37 of 65 Old 04-14-2011, 11:04 AM

@buzzedagain - sorry I didn't see this until today. As long as the BV-2322 and BV-2500 are 5 or 6 feet away from each other, they should interfere with each other.

@XxTAKIxX - it should work fine; we tested the same setup (and we do have a 30-day return policy in case it doesn't work for you). PS3 works well, too.
post #38 of 65 Old 04-15-2011, 05:56 PM

I just got a new BV-2322 Air SyncHD today. I plugged the transmitter into my Dish 722k. I connected the receiver to a 42 sharp. I have no problem getting a picture but I Cannot get any sound. It's when I connected transmitter to a Sony Blu Ray player I got the same results.

I have not seen anywhere anybody having problems with sound.

Does anyone have suggestions?

Thanks
post #39 of 65 Old 04-16-2011, 12:28 PM

I Finally got everthing working good picture and sound.
post #40 of 65 Old 04-16-2011, 07:38 PM

Thanks for your quick reply. With all the great reviews i have read so far, I believe I will buy this to eliminate the wire clutter for my living room. Thanks.
post #41 of 65 Old 04-18-2011, 12:19 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 13
After now roughly four months of use - I've been having more and more problems with getting the system to work.

This past weekend was the worse - perhaps the units are heat sensitive - although both my tx and rx are just sitting on table tops, the tx is getting really hot. It was so bad that it was constantly shifting channels and all I could see was green blocks on screen no matter the channel. So I tried switching to wide mode and that didn't work either as I got the same result. I turned everything off for an hour and retried, everything worked ok, but at that point it was late afternoon and things had cooled off.

We'll see how this product fairs as summer comes along.
post #42 of 65 Old 04-18-2011, 04:31 PM

@Trek2000: sorry for the late reply and thanks for sharing that it is working now. Could you share more info on how you got it to work? I think this might benefit the others reading this thread. Thanks in advance.

@nightfly85: I can see how the heat can be a concern, since in favor of making a silent unit, there is no fan for heat dissipation. We do have one-year warranty, though, so within this one year you can ask for an exchange for a new unit if you continue to run into troubles connecting the Tx and Rx. I hope this helps.
post #43 of 65 Old 04-20-2011, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brite-View View Post

@Trek2000: sorry for the late reply and thanks for sharing that it is working now. Could you share more info on how you got it to work? I think this might benefit the others reading this thread. Thanks in advance.

@nightfly85: I can see how the heat can be a concern, since in favor of making a silent unit, there is no fan for heat dissipation. We do have one-year warranty, though, so within this one year you can ask for an exchange for a new unit if you continue to run into troubles connecting the Tx and Rx. I hope this helps.

I am not really sure why it works now. I first hooked the transmitter up between my Dish 722K and my NAD receiver. I got sound over my speakers that were connected to my NAD receiver (primary TV) but
not from the BV-2322R that was connected my Sharp (secondary TV).

I then connected the transmitter between the NAD receiver and my primary TV there was still no sound. I later determined that there was no sound being passed to the transmitter when it was connected this way.

I decided to connect it back the way I connected it the first time. Because I knew sound was reaching the transmitter and being passed through it when connected that way. Too my surprise it worked.

I don't know why it did not work the first time I hooked up that way. I tried ever thing I could think of.
post #44 of 65 Old 04-21-2011, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trek2000 View Post

I am not really sure why it works now. I first hooked the transmitter up between my Dish 722K and my NAD receiver. I got sound over my speakers that were connected to my NAD receiver (primary TV) but
not from the BV-2322R that was connected my Sharp (secondary TV).

I then connected the transmitter between the NAD receiver and my primary TV there was still no sound. I later determined that there was no sound being passed to the transmitter when it was connected this way.

I decided to connect it back the way I connected it the first time. Because I knew sound was reaching the transmitter and being passed through it when connected that way. Too my surprise it worked.

I don't know why it did not work the first time I hooked up that way. I tried ever thing I could think of.

Thank you! I'm still glad to hear that it worked eventually - that's the most important part.
post #45 of 65 Old 04-25-2011, 05:27 AM

Liked: 12
thanks rcass for starting the thread. that's one thing you gotta love about avs - chances are always good that one can find info and advice on pretty much any device.

i actually first learned of brite-view in a htpc-mac chat thread about transmitting wirelessly from a laptop to a hdtv.

i have 3 hdmi devices: mac mini, fios hd set top box, samsung bd player. for ease of use, the bv2322 can't be beat. i do have a couple of issues though:

- with the mac mini, the connection lasts at most 2-3 minutes. then it's 'looking for signal' > followed by a temporary connection at 720 (though black screen only - my hdtv lets me know when a source signal is picked up and gives me info on resolution) > followed sometimes by a temporary connection at 1080p > then back to looking for signal. initially, i thought it was my setting the resolution for the hdtv to 'screen fit' (that makes it easier to avoid mucking around in the overscan controls within mac preferences). however, i set the hdtv to 16:9 and dialed-in the overscan in mac preferences to fit the tv. i still have issues with losing connection. to the point that i reverted to a physical hdmi connection between mac mini and hdtv. i should note here that the connection between fios box and bv2322 has not dropped once.

- no drop-outs aside, i do have a question regarding 1080p. the fios box seems to connect at 1080i at best. can I do anything to force 1080p?

anyhow, great product. hope i work out the kinks with the mac connection. also, if anyone has suggestions for a 'media locker' or rack to put my components, please post your thoughts.
post #46 of 65 Old 04-25-2011, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleitry View Post

- with the mac mini, the connection lasts at most 2-3 minutes. then it's 'looking for signal' > followed by a temporary connection at 720 (though black screen only - my hdtv lets me know when a source signal is picked up and gives me info on resolution) > followed sometimes by a temporary connection at 1080p > then back to looking for signal. initially, i thought it was my setting the resolution for the hdtv to 'screen fit' (that makes it easier to avoid mucking around in the overscan controls within mac preferences). however, i set the hdtv to 16:9 and dialed-in the overscan in mac preferences to fit the tv. i still have issues with losing connection. to the point that i reverted to a physical hdmi connection between mac mini and hdtv. i should note here that the connection between fios box and bv2322 has not dropped once.

- no drop-outs aside, i do have a question regarding 1080p. the fios box seems to connect at 1080i at best. can I do anything to force 1080p?
Thanks for the comment. We're currently testing the Air SyncHD with the Mac Mini in the office but we couldn't reproduce the dropout issue. Could you let me know the distance between the transmitter+Mac Mini and the receiver+TV?

Also, please note that the "WIDE" mode needs to be off in order to see 1080p content, and when the WIDE mode is off, the transmission distance would be shorter, too.

I am not sure which FIOS set top box you're using, but the set top boxes from cable/satellite companies generally only output 1080i, (no 1080p upscaling).
post #47 of 65 Old 04-25-2011, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the comment. We're currently testing the Air SyncHD with the Mac Mini in the office but we couldn't reproduce the dropout issue. Could you let me know the distance between the transmitter+Mac Mini and the receiver+TV?

Also, please note that the "WIDE" mode needs to be off in order to see 1080p content, and when the WIDE mode is off, the transmission distance would be shorter, too.

I am not sure which FIOS set top box you're using, but the set top boxes from cable/satellite companies generally only output 1080i, (no 1080p upscaling).
thanks for the follow-up.

regarding your question, the distance between transmitter+mac mini and receiver+TV is ~20ft with unobstructed line of sight. basically, for the inital set-up my media components are on one end of the living room near my couch with the tv+receiver at the other end of the living room facing the couch.

WIDE mode is indeed off and it's my understanding that turning it on would in effect 'cap' the resolution. if possible, given the lack of dropouts with the fios box, i would like to figure out first whether something else is amiss.

regarding the fios box itself, i'll hardwire it to the tv again tonight to confirm whether it pumps 1080p.

if you don't mind, could you please let me know the following about your testing environment:
- TV brand/model -- mine is a samsung un55d8000

- what TV setting are you using (if any) for screen adjustment [16:9, screen fit/pixel by pixel] -- currently, i'm using 16:9

- what os x display settings are you using (if any) -- currently, i'm set at 1080p + using the overscan slider (3 or 4 clicks to the right)

- what media management app are you using (if any) -- currently, i'm using xbmc

- are you using the default channel for the transmitter/receiver? my kit defaults to channel 1.

thanks for your help brite-view.
post #48 of 65 Old 04-25-2011, 01:04 PM

Hello again, I will post my replies under your questions:

Quote:

if you don't mind, could you please let me know the following about your testing environment:
- TV brand/model -- mine is a samsung un55d8000 It is Sharp LC-42D62U

- what TV setting are you using (if any) for screen adjustment [16:9, screen fit/pixel by pixel] -- currently, i'm using 16:9
We are using 16:9 as well.

- what os x display settings are you using (if any) -- currently, i'm set at 1080p + using the overscan slider (3 or 4 clicks to the right)
It is set at 1080p; overscan slider only 1 or 2 clicks to the right, although I do not think the overscan adjustment would be one of the variables.

- what media management app are you using (if any) -- currently, i'm using xbmc
We use Boxee here (but this should not affect the signals either).

- are you using the default channel for the transmitter/receiver? my kit defaults to channel 1.
Now that could be a contributing factor. Very rarely (but possibly) the Air SyncHD may get interference from other wireless devices, but it has 4 channels for 1080p output and 9 channels for 1080i output, and you may want to try manually changing the channels to see if that helps.

thanks for your help brite-view.
You're very welcome.
post #49 of 65 Old 04-25-2011, 01:21 PM

thanks for the info.

though i hear ya regarding boxee/xbmc, over the years i've found that the small details sometimes matter. i'll try boxee. it could be that one of the display settings for boxee is helping keep a connection to the tv alive.

regarding the channels, when pressing the channel button on the trasmitter, i always cycle from 1 to 2 to 9. because of the solid connection with the cable box, i haven't tested changing the channels much. i'll give it another try tonight.

btw - we got this far and i didn't really state clearly that i have the hdmi mac mini - so there's no dvi converter involved.
post #50 of 65 Old 04-26-2011, 05:10 AM

you're right about boxee - didn't make a difference because the connection lasted only a few seconds last night - followed by searching for signal. i also changed the channel to no effect.

on the other hand, the set top box still connects right away and maintains the connection with no trouble at all.

i'll do some testing with a mini displayport > hdmi adapter. once i receive the adapter, i'll test to verify whether this issue is peculiar to my mini's hdmi port.
post #51 of 65 Old 04-26-2011, 04:20 PM

Quote:

i'll do some testing with a mini displayport > hdmi adapter. once i receive the adapter, i'll test to verify whether this issue is peculiar to my mini's hdmi port.

Thanks for testing it with Boxee. I personally have the mini displayport to HDMi adapter (from moshi) with my MBP as well, and it should work fine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gICfXr5f-5A

This is a video from an event I participated in during CES 2011, and in the video you can see that I was using the MBP to connect with the Air SyncHD. It did survive the 2 days at the event, although it probably is difficult to prove with a 3-minute video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vyJ10Ug7zI

Here's an earlier video showing Mac Mini + Air SyncHD. Again, it's hard to show how long the connection could continue, but at least it should be able to show that it works fine in our setup.

I also would like to let you know that, we'd be happy to process RMA replacement if the Mac Mini issue persists. Please email service@brite-view.com if you'd like to get a replacement.

Thanks again.
post #52 of 65 Old 04-27-2011, 07:41 AM

Quote:

Thanks for testing it with Boxee. I personally have the mini displayport to HDMi adapter (from moshi) with my MBP as well, and it should work fine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gICfXr5f-5A

This is a video from an event I participated in during CES 2011, and in the video you can see that I was using the MBP to connect with the Air SyncHD. It did survive the 2 days at the event, although it probably is difficult to prove with a 3-minute video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vyJ10Ug7zI

Here's an earlier video showing Mac Mini + Air SyncHD. Again, it's hard to show how long the connection could continue, but at least it should be able to show that it works fine in our setup.

I also would like to let you know that, we'd be happy to process RMA replacement if the Mac Mini issue persists. Please email service@brite-view.com if you'd like to get a replacement.

Thanks again.

thanks for the offer. i'll post an update when finished testing.

random question regarding your products, do you plan to offer a transmitter/receiver solution that accommodates multiple hdmi inputs again? some folks seem comfortable using hdmi switches.
post #53 of 65 Old 04-27-2011, 10:10 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

thanks rcass for starting the thread. that's one thing you gotta love about avs - chances are always good that one can find info and advice on pretty much any device.

i actually first learned of brite-view in a htpc-mac chat thread about transmitting wirelessly from a laptop to a hdtv.

i have 3 hdmi devices: mac mini, fios hd set top box, samsung bd player. for ease of use, the bv2322 can't be beat. i do have a couple of issues though:

anyhow, great product. hope i work out the kinks with the mac connection. also, if anyone has suggestions for a 'media locker' or rack to put my components, please post your thoughts.

I connect to dish network, 1080i is the max resolution provided, so 1080i is displayed as well.
I have had the unit since Oct 2010, I have only had a few dropouts (<5 total), it appears to be a very reliable product so far
post #54 of 65 Old 04-27-2011, 10:59 AM

Quote:

thanks for the offer. i'll post an update when finished testing.

random question regarding your products, do you plan to offer a transmitter/receiver solution that accommodates multiple hdmi inputs again? some folks seem comfortable using hdmi switches.

Yes we do, but it'll probably be in summer so still some months away.
post #55 of 65 Old 04-28-2011, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcass View Post

I connect to dish network, 1080i is the max resolution provided, so 1080i is displayed as well.
I have had the unit since Oct 2010, I have only had a few dropouts (<5 total), it appears to be a very reliable product so far

yeah, since the fios+brite-view connection works great so far, i haven't hardwired the fios box to the tv again to confirm 1080i. I think both you and brite-view are correct - 1080i is the standard for cable companies at the moment.
post #56 of 65 Old 05-10-2011, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfly85 View Post

After now roughly four months of use - I've been having more and more problems with getting the system to work.

This past weekend was the worse - perhaps the units are heat sensitive - although both my tx and rx are just sitting on table tops, the tx is getting really hot. It was so bad that it was constantly shifting channels and all I could see was green blocks on screen no matter the channel. So I tried switching to wide mode and that didn't work either as I got the same result. I turned everything off for an hour and retried, everything worked ok, but at that point it was late afternoon and things had cooled off.

We'll see how this product fairs as summer comes along.

I purchased my BV-2500 at the end of last summer. My receiver is upstairs in our bedroom, the hottest room in the house during the day. The unit gets very hot, so hot that I was worried about it. I started turning the transmitter and receiver off with a Harmony remote when not in use. During the winter I left both on and haven't had a problem, but will probably go back into "summer mode" soon.

When the moon is in the Seventh House
And Jupiter aligns with Mars
Then peace will guide the planets
And love will steer the stars.
post #57 of 65 Old 06-23-2011, 01:41 PM

The user guide is a bit confusing for me when it describes audio.

Audio Bit Rate Support
Digital Audio from HDMI inputs: Up to 6Mbit/s bit-rate support.
Support AC3 and DTS.
- 2-channel PCM over S/PDIF : 16~24 bits audio sample with 32~48KHz sampling rate

Does this mean that 7.1 LPCM over HDMI such as that output from a PS3 is not supported?

Does this mean that HD audio bitstreams are not supported? Dolby TrueHD and DTS HD?
post #58 of 65 Old 06-27-2011, 10:36 AM

just ordered this unit with the optoma hd 20 from amazon. will be transmitting from an onkyo rc 360. sure hope it works. i was concerned to see someone here say it didn't work with their optoma hd66. there have been more positive reviews on amazon recently for the ASUS wicast than this brite view but there was a 1-2 month shipping delay on the former and the latter was in stock. i'm only going to have to send the signal about 12 feet los or if i put the receiver in the attic above the pj it'll be more like 20ft with the ceiling in between.. keeping my fingers crossed.
post #59 of 65 Old 06-27-2011, 05:11 PM

If you put the receiver in the attic above, you will need IR capability to send the remote signals. ASUS does not have that, whereas Brite-View does have that included in the kit. Otherwise, they are both based on the same Amimon chip and apparently perform equally well according to an online review comparing them.
post #60 of 65 Old 07-07-2011, 06:29 PM

works perfectly! no muss, no fuss! the brite-view receiver is up in the attic with the hdmi cable from it running through the pj mount. no searching for channels. no wading through fiberglass insulation trying to fish cable through the wall and ceilings. so far, no picture breakup or artifacts....crystal clear. well worth it to me.

gotta wonder how long it will be til hdmi transmitters are built ins on receivers and hdmi receivers are built into pj's and tv's but for now this is great. strong work brite-view.
Reply Home A/V Distribution

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page