New Brite-view BV2322 (Air syncHD) - Page 3 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #61 of 65 Old 12-19-2011, 11:28 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just a quick 14mos update...
Been using unit for approx 14 months, don't seem to have any drop outs of video or audio when used for sending signal between floors for the last several months. So far it has been a very reliable piece of equipment and would not hesitate to purchase again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 65 Old 12-25-2011, 10:37 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 13
I ended up exchanging my original 2322 unit due to heat issues that would affect the usability of the units. The newer units have a much better air flow design and have been rock solid warm days or not.

Really solid product with no discernible quality loss - great customer service and product bright-view.
post #63 of 65 Old 12-28-2011, 12:33 PM

how does one know if they are going to get the newer (better heat ) unit. i plan to purchase one but i dont need an oven since i dont like burning my kids.
post #64 of 65 Old 12-31-2011, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by claw View Post

The user guide is a bit confusing for me when it describes audio.

Audio Bit Rate Support
Digital Audio from HDMI inputs: Up to 6Mbit/s bit-rate support.
Support AC3 and DTS.
- 2-channel PCM over S/PDIF : 16~24 bits audio sample with 32~48KHz sampling rate

Does this mean that 7.1 LPCM over HDMI such as that output from a PS3 is not supported?

Does this mean that HD audio bitstreams are not supported? Dolby TrueHD and DTS HD?

I am curious about this as well. I will only be using this for my satellite box at the moment so regular 5.1 is fine but in the future I may need support for HD Audio
post #65 of 65 Old 01-22-2012, 05:30 PM

In previous generation transmitter units, the vent slits are under the unit, and hot air does not easily escape, causing overheating and malfunction. I used cooling packs above and below a rather heated unit that was malfunctioning after being on for about an hour or more. In few minutes, the unit cooled down and regained proper operation. My long-term solution that has worked is turning the transmitting unit upside down;this helps dissipation of heat, which in turn prevents heat-related malfunction. Just to help further, I also installed a thermostatically controlled cooling fan right above the unit, although I don't think it was necessary.
Reply Home A/V Distribution

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page