New Brite-view BV2322 (Air syncHD) - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 65 Old 09-27-2010, 12:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello, long time reader, first time poster. Hope this is in the right forum.
I ordered a unit to use with my dish 722k receiver to send HD to second TV. Does anyone have experience with this particular product? If not I will be happy to provide review upon installation.
I like the fact it has a wired HDMI passthrough so I can keep TV1 directly wired but also send uncompressed HD wirelessly to second TV approximately 20 feet away. Other opinions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 65 Old 09-27-2010, 05:55 PM

I have the BV-2500, which seems to work the same as the BV-2322. The BV-2500 has 2 HDMI and 2 Component inputs and no passthrough. You can read about it here.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1259490

Let us know how the BV-2322 works when you get it!

When the moon is in the Seventh House
And Jupiter aligns with Mars
Then peace will guide the planets
And love will steer the stars.
post #3 of 65 Old 09-28-2010, 09:47 AM - Thread Starter

I am not sure when the units will ship. I will attempt to use from basement to ground floor with a distance of 20 feet or so. Since dish broadcast in 1080i the 'wide' function should increase reception (according to brite-view information).
post #4 of 65 Old 09-28-2010, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcass View Post

I am not sure when the units will ship. I will attempt to use from basement to ground floor with a distance of 20 feet or so. Since dish broadcast in 1080i the 'wide' function should increase reception (according to brite-view information).

Hello, thank you for starting this thread. I think your setup should work, if there is no appliances such as refrigerator, or anything (large) made of metal.

Please let me know if you have any questions.
post #5 of 65 Old 09-28-2010, 06:45 PM

i already have an air hd from brite-view and it works great. now this air synchd (don't know how to pronounce it ... lol) has a feature which i might be interested in... the loop-through feature. though i guess both tvs will show the same program/movie?
post #6 of 65 Old 10-08-2010, 10:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 148 Post(s)
Liked: 68
I have the new HDMI version ordered, so will see how well it works between my ground floor and basement. Was supposed to release today, but appears pushed back until 10/13.

HD Media Keen Videosaurus
post #7 of 65 Old 10-12-2010, 08:43 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
My pre-order shipped 10/7
post #8 of 65 Old 10-12-2010, 01:57 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Techaholic View Post

My pre-order shipped 10/7

mine shipped today, expect to receive on Friday, will give a review this weekend.
post #9 of 65 Old 10-14-2010, 09:50 PM
Advanced Member

Well mine arrived today and yes it works, but the distance thru a single wall board wall gives it hardly 25'. In order to get the devices to connect I have to hold the transmitter at head level. Love what it does but the connection distance is very disappointing. Even with Wide on , plus the receiving picture is a lot less detailed than the picture on the TV fed by the transmitter, will try blue ray this weekend.
post #10 of 65 Old 10-15-2010, 07:58 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Quote:

Well mine arrived today and yes it works, but the distance thru a single wall board wall gives it hardly 25'. In order to get the devices to connect I have to hold the transmitter at head level. Love what it does but the connection distance is very disappointing. Even with Wide on , plus the receiving picture is a lot less detailed than the picture on the TV fed by the transmitter, will try blue ray this weekend.

I have marked this thread to watch ... I am very interested in your comparison regarding picture quality over wireless versus wired.

thanks!
..dane
post #11 of 65 Old 10-15-2010, 03:23 PM - Thread Starter

My brief initial impressions and review of airsync HD.....
USPS arrived at 1250p and I had the unit hooked up to dish 722k receiver and 2nd location in about 15 minutes. I have the transmitting unit in basement home theater connected with HDMI from 722k (with HDMI passthrough to theater TV) and the brite-view receiver on 2nd floor (ground floor) connecting to samsung LCD via HDMI. I powered the units on, changed input on TV and low and behold a beautiful, artifact free HD picture with no rolling lines or studder. I was using the normal (non-wide) mode on the brite-view and had NO issues at all. I am streaming from basement through sheetrocked ceiling and additional sheetrocked wall (essentially 2 solid surfaces) with a total distance of around 25 feet. I will give additional information after I have time to mess around with different receiver locations. Overall, I am extremely impressed with the unit and now wish other receivers could be purchased seperately and used with transmitter (maybe this is an option?) .

Disclaimer: I have no association with Brite-view, and only wish to provide an unbiased customer review.
post #12 of 65 Old 10-15-2010, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcass View Post

Overall, I am extremely impressed with the unit and now wish other receivers could be purchased seperately and used with transmitter (maybe this is an option?) .

Disclaimer: I have no association with Brite-view, and only wish to provide an unbiased customer review.

Thanks @rcass for the review. The possibility of "having one transmitter communicate with multiple receivers" is definitely one of the most frequently requested features. Currently, this technology (WHDI) is only one-to-one. The transmitter and receiver are paired, and it's not yet possible for one transmitter to communicate with more than one receivers. (And no, it's not our "marketing strategy".)

You may have noticed that the first-gen product, the Air HD (BV-2500), did not come with the loop-through connection. We added the loop-through connection to the Air SyncHD in order to (kind of) address the need.

Best,

Charlotte Han
Senior Marketing Manager
post #13 of 65 Old 10-15-2010, 05:38 PM - Thread Starter

I believe you may have a winner here, I was searching for backup ways to get HD to second floor if this did not work, fortunately it exceeds my expectations. Thanks
post #14 of 65 Old 10-16-2010, 10:22 AM
Advanced Member

I eventually got a good single with the units only 20' apart with two sheet rock walls, it sent blu-ray 1080p (non wide ) to the receiving TV. Every so often there would be a line or so of interference on the screen. The main problem is everything gets picky as the sending box (Dune Prime with bitstream) gets dumbed down to stereo so the receiving TV can play sound. It did however manage to resend full DTS-HD once the receiver was turned off. Maybe my unit is picky or sending through floor is better than sending from room to room but the distance that the unit works well is not impressive. However it does work and using it for Comcast cable is better than sending full blu-ray single.
post #15 of 65 Old 10-17-2010, 08:46 PM

Quote:

I eventually got a good single with the units only 20' apart with two sheet rock walls, it sent blu-ray 1080p (non wide ) to the receiving TV. Every so often there would be a line or so of interference on the screen. The main problem is everything gets picky as the sending box (Dune Prime with bitstream) gets dumbed down to stereo so the receiving TV can play sound. It did however manage to resend full DTS-HD once the receiver was turned off. Maybe my unit is picky or sending through floor is better than sending from room to room but the distance that the unit works well is not impressive. However it does work and using it for Comcast cable is better than sending full blu-ray single.

Hi Techaholic, could you tell me if there is any kitchen appliance in between the transmitter and receiver? We found out that it is the main "obstacle" for the Air SyncHD to send signals.
post #16 of 65 Old 10-18-2010, 12:27 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brite-View View Post

Hi Techaholic, could you tell me if there is any kitchen appliance in between the transmitter and receiver? We found out that it is the main "obstacle" for the Air SyncHD to send signals.

Yes originally there was a fridge on the other side of the wall, so I set the receiver ontop of the fidge and now it works well. I wondered if that was a problem, so that would explain its short distance . I will set it up in another location and report back.
post #17 of 65 Old 10-23-2010, 07:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 28
Got my Air SyncHD in the mail yesterday and so far, I am QUITE impressed.

My setup:

AVR Receiver (1 HDMI output) > Air SyncHD > TV (wired) and projector (wireless)

So far, the performance is quite impressive. The receiver is only about 15 feet from the transmitter, but I haven't had any problems with 1080p signals whatsoever. The transmitter and receiver synced up automatically with no intervention on my part at all.

Previously, I was using HDMI>ethernet baluns to get my video signal to the projector at the back of the room via flat ethernet cables which ran under the carpet before being converted back to HDMI again to feed the projector. While this setup worked well when directly connected to my blu-ray player, it was always very finicky when using my receiver for video switching. The Air SyncHD has been perfect so far in the day that I've had it with no issues to report. I do wish the HDMI handshakes were a little quicker (much longer times than a direct connection which is quite annoying on Blu-Ray discs which often require multiple handshakes during previews/menu/feature), but c'est la vie.

Excellent job on this product brite-View - especially at this price point! I paid the same price (almost to the dollar) for my HDMI>ethernet baluns 1.5 years ago!
post #18 of 65 Old 10-25-2010, 08:51 AM - Thread Starter

I have been using the brite-view for about a week and I have had only 2 instances where the picture was lost. Both times I had blocks of color start scrolling slowly up the screen and was solved with a power off/on. I made sure my wireless router was set to 2.4ghz as to not interfere, I also moved a large metal filing cabinet to opposite side of room and have had zero issues since. Other than that, it has been very solid and works great.
post #19 of 65 Old 10-25-2010, 10:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention my wireless network. I have an Apple Time Capsule simultaneous dual-band router which outputs both a 2.4 and 5 Ghz signal (both N) and it sits in my entertainment cabinet not 2 feet from the Air SyncHD transmitter.

No problems so far with this setup after watching 2 movies on my projector. I haven't had to touch the channel button on the Air SyncHD.
post #20 of 65 Old 10-26-2010, 01:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 148 Post(s)
Liked: 68
I got mine 2 weeks ago and I'm happy with it as well. I've got the transmitter connected to my Dish ViP722 HD DVR in my home's ground floor and the receiver connected to my projector (via receiver) in my basement below.

The units do run hot, which is a little concerning as I leave both on all the time. Also, when I tried to connect to my PS3 and run at 1080p, the transmitter would just power off by itself. It refused to stay on and would keep shutting off. Running at 1080i or 720p works much better.

HD Media Keen Videosaurus
post #21 of 65 Old 10-26-2010, 03:06 PM
AVS Special Member

I noticed that the transmitter gets super hot as well (when broadcasting wirelessly - not so much when simply using the HDMI passthrough).

As a result, I plugged it into the switched outlet on the back of my receiver and it powers off when the receiver goes off (same as my Apple TV - old model). This works well for me since I don't watch anything without my receiver being powered on.
post #22 of 65 Old 10-26-2010, 07:51 PM

My BV-2500 units run really hot as well. I have them power down now when not in use with my Harmony. I also noticed that when on continually they would sometimes lose connection with each other, resulting in the bright blue status lights blinking. and as distracting as the blue lights are in the dark in the bedroom, blinking is worse. The red "off" light is nice and mellow!

post #23 of 65 Old 11-30-2010, 06:50 PM

I just ordered the BV2322 product and was then pleasantly surprised to find this thread.

I'll be using it to send a signal from my DishNetwork VIP722k in my loft living room to my Panasonic P42G25 TV in the upstairs bedroom. Technically there is a floor and/or wall in the direct line from transmitter to receiver but if the waves bounce then they could reach upstairs while only going through a light interior door. This solution sounds like it will work for me and I'll try to report back.

After reading that the units operate in the 5 GHz band I am concerned with interference. I have several 5.8 GHz panasonic cordless phones in the house in both rooms and I also plan to use an 802.11A router at some point.

Has anyone had any known interference with these types of devices?

Can it be corrected by changing "channels"?

brite-view - do you have any info on this?

Thanks for everyone's help and input...
post #24 of 65 Old 11-30-2010, 06:56 PM

I also had a question about the IR functionality of the BV2322.

The way I interpret the design is that it allows you to point the remote at the receiver and it will transmit the signal to the transmitter then blast it out to other devices. Since the included remote has very limited functionality I'm assuming the point of this is to allow other remotes to send the signal back to the source room and other components (like a Dishnetwork VIP722k and AV receiver )???

Am I understanding this correctly? Is anyone using the IR feature in this fashion?
post #25 of 65 Old 12-01-2010, 10:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by clayelliott View Post

I just ordered the BV2322 product and was then pleasantly surprised to find this thread.

I'll be using it to send a signal from my DishNetwork VIP722k in my loft living room to my Panasonic P42G25 TV in the upstairs bedroom. Technically there is a floor and/or wall in the direct line from transmitter to receiver but if the waves bounce then they could reach upstairs while only going through a light interior door. This solution sounds like it will work for me and I'll try to report back.

After reading that the units operate in the 5 GHz band I am concerned with interference. I have several 5.8 GHz panasonic cordless phones in the house in both rooms and I also plan to use an 802.11A router at some point.

I have a simultaneous dual band router (2.4GHz & 5GHz) that sits 2 feet from the AirSyncHD transmitter and haven't had any issues. On top of that, I live in a townhouse with a LOT of wifi networks and cordless phones nearby. That being said, I'm only transmitting 15-20 feet LOS to the receiver, but I haven't had any real issues aside from a split second dropout once or twice. Not enough to even cause me to experiment with changing the channels on the AirSyncHD.
post #26 of 65 Old 12-01-2010, 12:34 PM

Quote:

Thanks for the message. Yes, the possibility of interference is there (we stated so in the user manual as well, and listed cordless phones and WiFi products as possible cause of interference), but you can manually change channels (4 in total for 1080p, or 9 in total for 1080i), although when the transmitter and receiver connects to each other, it automatically detects the cleanest channel. I hope that helps!
post #27 of 65 Old 12-01-2010, 12:37 PM

Quote:

I also had a question about the IR functionality of the BV2322.

The way I interpret the design is that it allows you to point the remote at the receiver and it will transmit the signal to the transmitter then blast it out to other devices. Since the included remote has very limited functionality I'm assuming the point of this is to allow other remotes to send the signal back to the source room and other components (like a Dishnetwork VIP722k and AV receiver )???

Am I understanding this correctly? Is anyone using the IR feature in this fashion?

Yes - you're correct. The included remote is only used to turn on and off the transmitter/receiver, or to change the communication channel. There are also one IR blaster and one IR sensor included so you can use the remote control that comes with your A/V device, and point that remote to the receiver in order to operate the A/V device.
post #28 of 65 Old 12-01-2010, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brite-View View Post

There are also one IR blaster and one IR sensor included so you can use the remote control that comes with your A/V device, and point that remote to the receiver in order to operate the A/V device.

My Brite-View BV2500 has the same remote blaster/sensor and I was able to control an older DVD player and my DirecTivo using it. However a new Panasonic BD player remote would not work. According to the manual some remotes may not work because of the supported remote protocols. It wasn't a deal breaker for me because I already had some stand alone blasters I am using, but just a heads up.

post #29 of 65 Old 12-15-2010, 11:56 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 18
I just got the Air Sync HD as well and I'm impressed that it works so well. I have the TX hooked up to a Dish 211 outputting 1080i in an upstairs room to a downstairs office where the RX is located about 6 ft below a dual channel 802.11n AP and numerous LCD monitors/computers, etc. I'd say point-to-point is about 20-25 feet through a wood planked flooring over plywood and at least one sheet-rock wall (the rooms are not over each other but are on different sides of the house).

Initially, I used the wide mode and that worked great until I started watching a NBA game when I noticed motion "judder" where it looked like frames where being dropped or something. The player movement was simply not smooth during quick action. It was definitely watchable, but not ideal and little annoying.

I switched the wide mode off, and that seemed to fix the issue as motion showed no artifacts and was smooth and looked normal.
post #30 of 65 Old 12-17-2010, 05:43 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfly85 View Post

I just got the Air Sync HD as well and I'm impressed that it works so well. I have the TX hooked up to a Dish 211 outputting 1080i in an upstairs room to a downstairs office where the RX is located about 6 ft below a dual channel 802.11n AP and numerous LCD monitors/computers, etc. I'd say point-to-point is about 20-25 feet through a wood planked flooring over plywood and at least one sheet-rock wall (the rooms are not over each other but are on different sides of the house).

Initially, I used the wide mode and that worked great until I started watching a NBA game when I noticed motion "judder" where it looked like frames where being dropped or something. The player movement was simply not smooth during quick action. It was definitely watchable, but not ideal and little annoying.

I switched the wide mode off, and that seemed to fix the issue as motion showed no artifacts and was smooth and looked normal.

I have had mine working in a similar situation for about 2 months, it has not dropped the signal since my first week of use. Seems very reliable at this point.
Reply Home A/V Distribution

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page