Extending A/V Distribution from Fios - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 11-02-2010, 04:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Long time lurker... looking for one stop answer to my multimedia distribution dilemma.

I just bought brand new 3-level house (built 2010) and have media (coax) and Cat5 or Cat5e outlet in every room and corner of the house. I have Fios Internet and TV installed running into my storage room which the nerve center of all the wires running in the house. I have pre-wired the basement with two HDMI drops and the living room is pre-wired locally (from the side wall to above the fireplace)

What I would like to ultimately do is use fewer Fios boxes to distribute signal without having to lease 6 pieces of equipment with 6 different switching mechanism between my media center server and Fios.

Let's focus on Fios:

I got each room/bathroom running a coax and I would like to use that as the transport mechanism with minimal device setup at each TV besides the Remote Extenders.

1- Connecting a Fios box in the storage room: What output should I use to convert over to COAX (Component, HDMI, etc)?

2- Is there a way to carry and HD signal from the Coax in wall to the TV directly?

3- Do I have to Convert the signal out of the FIOS box BEFORE connecting it to the coax nerve center in my storage room?

4- Do I have to convert the signal from the COAX out to the TV? What is the format, devices used and tools?

5- Essentially, I'm looking to use one Fios Box for each two TVs (Example: Master bedroom and Masterbath on one, Living Room and Kitchen on Another, Basement Tvs, 2nd/3rd bedroom on one)

6- I'm hoping there is a way I can piggy bag on the extensive Ethernet/Coax wiring running everywhere in the house and centered in the storage room.

I'm fairly technical, but please be as descriptive needed for a newbie.

Thanks in advance,
Galal
Reply Home A/V Distribution

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page