FIOS/Dish/Directv on same cable - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 11-10-2010, 08:40 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am in the process of consolidating all my equipment into one closet in the basement. There is an existing cable run go to that place which is currently only connected to FIOS router. All the Dish and Directv equipment are in the main living room. I am trying to figure out if is it possible to use the single cable run for all the STBs and FIOS. I have attached a diagram showing how it would be possible to integrate my FIOS and Dish Net onto the cable.

The cable feed and Dish feed would be connected to a Holland DPD2 Satellite Diplexer the ouput of which is the cable run that goes to the basement. In the closet I have another Holland DPD2 to separate out the feeds into cable & satellite. The satellite feed is fed into a DPPlus separator to enable it to connect to my Dish 622 Dual Tuner STB. The output of the STB(TV-2) will be fed, along with cable output of DPD2 into a standard 75 Ohm splitter to finally emerge to my FIOS router. This way my existing TV-2 setup for bedroom will still be intact.

I am at a loss as to how to connect a Directv feed too to this setup. I would like to connect the DirectTV STB to the output of the DPD2(Living Room) and use the cable feed and then finally separate them out again in the closet. Is there a way to do this ?

sat_setup.txt 0.7021484375k . file